Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Fevre Dream

[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Recommended Posts

The murder of LF was absolutely senseless.  He is now the most tragic character of the show.

it also marks a point in character development of two sisters.  They are senseless murderers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I defended the show until now, even when the D&D stink got stronger. I even defended the show during Bronn and Jaime's Bad Pussy Diaries: Desert Storm. This episode has been the straw that broke the camel's back and I now consider myself a hater of the show. So nonsensical, so ridiculous, so not the show I started watching back in 2012. Gurm needs to finish the books because we need to see this end properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The supposed filtered plot of the eighth season is a Fanfic, is false, this woman works on WotW and said that no hacker has leaked the plot of the eighth season, which is a Fanfic.:

 

On the other hand I do not understand how there are people who believe it, since there are stupid things like jon, jorah,Sandor, jaime and Euron all die together is a blast, it's very bad, and I say it without labeling it spoiler since it's all false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoo said:

Cmon man.  He led her down the path like she's dumb yet she is smart enough to see through it?

LF was in service to Sansa, her servant and advisor.  She could tell him what to do, order him, and consult with him.  But she played him to kill him, a servant.  And he was not even a threat.

When Cersei killed she killed threats.  This murder is just wild.

 

Sansa's direwolf Lady begs to differ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, wasn't that another heap of stupid.

I think probably everyone has pointed out all the stupidities before me but the things that really make me rant:

 

"Maybe it is all cocks in the end."  For D&D it seems to be.

Still no snow in King's Landing until the end.

Sandra complaining that Jon never asks her - didn't we do all this rot in S6?

And, actually, a marriage alliance would make a lot of sense - bending the knee, not so much.

The unexplained volte-face for LF's "trial" gave me a headache, I eye-rolled so much. Arya slashing his throat was just nasty.  Why not have a proper execution with sentence pronounced, rather than a murder. 

And LF's death - way too late in the season.

Dr Branhattan exposition machine is ridiculous. There are more natural ways of discovering information.

Too late for Jaime to re-emerge from the shell that is Larry.

Samwell didn't go back to the Night Watch and now remembers details of the annulment that weren't read out to him.  Curious.

Ew, Targcest.

"The war was a lie."  Actually, no - the banners were called because Aerys killed the Warden of the North and his heir and called on Jon Arryn to deliver up Ned and Robert to be executed.  God, these writers stink.

Why is Sansa always looking over the ramparts?

How does a wight dragon breathe fire without burning itself?  How does it fly with dirty great holes in its wings? 

The wee, static NK on Viserion looked hilarious.

But more importantly and for the last time: WHERE IS GHOST?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- More people in King's Landing than in the entire North? Just...what?

- Really, Jon? Really? Not only are you pledging the North away when you don't have that power, but now you're going directly against the goal of convincing Cersei to stand down, which was the reason you went on that stupid wight hunt in the first place?

- "I'm not gonna swear an oath I can't uphold" - unless it's to the Old Gods and regards the Night's Watch, then it's cool.

- Still no snow in King's Landing. I don't know why Cersei&Co were so worried, in this climate they can still grow winter produce. The plants in the Red Keep also look exceptionally lush. I guess that's what Qyburn is doing offscreen, running around with fertiliser.

- lol. The gang just awkwardly stumbling around in the background while Dany and Jon talk.

- I'm sure Tyrion convincing Cersei to fight alongside them is going to be marvelous acting, it'll be Dinklage's time to shine, that's why they've had him do almost nothing all sea....aaaand it happened offscreen.

- It would've been great if the "you're a Greyjoy, and you're a Stark" would've come from Sansa. As a girl, she would've been educated from early on that she could and would belong to two houses at some point, like Catelyn. But I guess that would've come to close to book-Sansa.

- Tell me again why two people whose goal it is to fight the undead are so concerned with Jon's parentage? Sam remembered that detail from a Septon's diary that he didn't even read himself, but he didn't remember the life-saving dragonglass stash in Dragonstone.

- Geez, show-Rhaegar is cruel and ruthless. And show-Lyanna is not much better.

- Fuuuuck's sake, really? Another son called Aegon? Well okay then...

- Kit and Emilia have no romantic chemistry at all. Also Tyrion started ominously standing around looking shady and scheming the moment Littlefinger died. Coincidence? I think not.

- Dany could learn a thing or two about dragonrider discipline and accuracy from the Night's King. He seems to have mastered the art of the drift boost.

- So if it wasn't for Tyrion and his stupid plan, then the NK wouldn't have gotten a dragon and gotten through the Wall. And Cersei isn't going to fight with them anyway - which was totally predictable - so that and Thoros' death is the only thing that was accomplished by that stupid
wight hunt?

-what about Dragonstone, by the way? Have Dany and Jon set up a mass-production dragonglass smithy there? Otherwise why are they both going to Winterfell? Are Drogon and Rhaegal also on ships? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

The supposed filtered plot of the eighth season is a Fanfic, is false, this woman works on WotW and said that no hacker has leaked the plot of the eighth season, which is a Fanfic.:

 

On the other hand I do not understand how there are people who believe it, since there are stupid things like jon, jorah,Sandor, jaime and Euron all die together is a blast, it's very bad, and I say it without labeling it spoiler since it's all false.

You are kidding right?. I read the spoilers for season 8 and it's better than season 7 stupidity Yet similarly horrendous. Season 7 got Daenerys with all the power in the world to remove Cersei and yet doesnt and loses more than she wins. Then you got this stupid plan to go beyond the wall to get a wight to show Cersei, why?. Why not just remove Cersei who has no power to defend herself?. The stupid plan was also used to give a dragon to the nights king so he can pass the wall, that was their best idea to bring the walkers passed the wall?. But yet you have the gall to say that  jon and co dying in a blast is too bad to be believable.

 

i dont know if the season 8 spoilers are real but they sound exactly like what the idiot show runners would do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no Season 8 spoilers, they aren't even in production until October, the only people that would have them are execs and D&D&C.

And while WOTW is a highly reputable drip-drip site, Sue outright lied about Rickon's death the year before for the sake of keeping it a surprise (as she should). So if you're looking for hardcore leaks, Sue isn't your source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this is doubling up but I don't have time to read the pages tonight...

I like how no one even cares that the Lannisters are the ruling family and not even trying to hide it or pretend its still a Baratheon kingship.

Everyone wearing black? I get its winter and the walker are come and impending doom but can we have some colour, if we're going to suspend disbelief by having people teleport for the sake of this being a tv show then can we get some costumes with colour. If they are writing meaningless dialogue then the mis-en-scene of black costumes does not need to be followed!!!!

I was really hoping for Theon to belt out a what is dead may never die.... seems everyone's forgotten about all of that though, fuck Iron Islands tradition it's all about Yara now!

Littefinger on his knees saying how he loves Sansa, you'd think he'd go out like a G but they get him to be a whimpering ltittle bitch. I know he's a despicable character but Littlefinger would never go out like that.

I was looking forward to a classic game of thrones style twist and seeing Jaime get killed by Cersei out of the blue... oh to long for the good old days!


Sam suddenly remembering the book but he forgot about dragonglass killing the WWs.

and boatsex... fucking hell.... I skipped boatsex due to the awkwardness of it all but not long enough to have us as the audience being reminded this is incest, like I get GoT was never the classiest show but this is Dog the Bounty Hunter level stuff.

So much for the Horn of Joramun, so much for WWs to have inherent magic/powers that have manifested themselves at this time to take down the wall. No you just need a dragon shooting a song of ice and fire and that will take down the wall, anticlimax to say the least.

Oh and the Night King riding the dragon instead of controlling it from afar. So we're really setting up the idea of the hero and villain now, so much for GoT/ASoIaF's moral ambiguity!

Can't wait to bitch about next season now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Rhaegar Targaryen annulled his marriage to Elia Martell, thereby rendering his children Rhaenys and Aegon bastards in the laws of Westeros. He then proceeds to run off and marry Lyanna Stark, a teenage girl, without informing anyone - most notably said teenage girl's family - leading to everyone to believe Rhaegar had kidnapped Lyanna and sired a son - who happened to be named Aegon despite Rhaegar already having a son with that name, thus further disowning his children - leading to the brutal executions of Lyanna's father and older brother. Since this was the one question GRRM asked to D&D when selling the rights to make this shown, I'm going to assume that this bit is accurate to the books no matter how much the show has deviated at this point.

Rhaegar definitely deserved to have his chest caved in by Robert Baratheon, and so did Lyanna (well, the book's version is ambiguous since she was only 15-16, but the show version is twenty-something and should have fucking known better). How could anyone think this is romantic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RetconKillah said:

<>

Littefinger on his knees saying how he loves Sansa, you'd think he'd go out like a G but they get him to be a whimpering ltittle bitch. I know he's a despicable character but Littlefinger would never go out like that.

<>

It's the only way he'd be short enough for Arya to slash his throat - otherwise, she can't reach. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

- It would've been great if the "you're a Greyjoy, and you're a Stark" would've come from Sansa. As a girl, she would've been educated from early on that she could and would belong to two houses at some point, like Catelyn. But I guess that would've come to close to book-Sansa.

I think the show did well in this particular scene. Jon himself is half Targaryen and half Stark and doesn't know this yet. So this comment might be a little teaser how he himself handles his own lineage, which will be revealed in season 8.

Quote

You are kidding right?. I read the spoilers for season 8 and it's better than season 7 stupidity Yet similarly horrendous.

In my opinion that's not really surprising. I read theories and fan-fictions which were written far better with significantly fewer plot holes than season 7. And from my perspective it isn't really difficult to come up with stuff, that is better than season 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Further confirmation that the source material for this show now is 9gag memes.

True...

Cock jokes. No one bats an eye.

Woman jokes.. the people are all pissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nihlus said:

So Rhaegar Targaryen annulled his marriage to Elia Martell, thereby rendering his children Rhaenys and Aegon bastards in the laws of Westeros. He then proceeds to run off and marry Lyanna Stark, a teenage girl, without informing anyone - most notably said teenage girl's family - leading to everyone to believe Rhaegar had kidnapped Lyanna and sired a son - who happened to be named Aegon despite Rhaegar already having a son with that name, thus further disowning his children - leading to the brutal executions of Lyanna's father and older brother. Since this was the one question GRRM asked to D&D when selling the rights to make this shown, I'm going to assume that this bit is accurate to the books no matter how much the show has deviated at this point.

Rhaegar definitely deserved to have his chest caved in by Robert Baratheon, and so did Lyanna (well, the book's version is ambiguous since she was only 15-16, but the show version is twenty-something and should have fucking known better).

My guess is the annulled bit is D&D's "contribution." I assume they didn't want to spend any time explaining polygamy, which has precedent in GRRM's story, while annulment under Rhaegar and Elia's circumstances doesn't. I would also assume that Rhaegar never picked out a boy's name for Lyanna's child because he expected a girl from her. And since Rhaegar and his family were all murdered by the time Lyanna gave birth, that she chose the name Aegon on her own. We can speculate as to her motive for doing so, but Rhaegar seemed to want his son and heir to be named Aegon. At the time Lyanna gave birth Rhaegar had no son or heir but Jon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J. Stargaryen said:

My guess is the annulled bit is D&D's "contribution." I assume they didn't want to spend any time explaining polygamy, which has precedent in GRRM's story, while annulment under Rhaegar and Elia's circumstances doesn't. I would also assume that Rhaegar never picked out a boy's name for Lyanna's child because he expected a girl from her. And since Rhaegar and his family were all murdered by the time Lyanna gave birth, that she chose the name Aegon on her own. We can speculate as to her motive for doing so, but Rhaegar seemed to want his son and heir to be named Aegon. At the time Lyanna gave birth Rhaegar had no son or heir but Jon. 

Polygamy doesn't really have a precedent either. The only Targ kings known to indulge in it were Aegon the Conqueror (obviously a special case and one noted to being unusual) and Maegor the Cruel, who is definitely not a role model. The Faith of the Seven does not permit polygamy and considers it a sin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nihlus said:

Polygamy doesn't really have a precedent either. The only Targ kings known to indulge in it were Aegon the Conqueror (obviously a special case and one noted to being unusual) and Maegor the Cruel, who is definitely not a role model. The Faith of the Seven does not permit polygamy and considers it a sin.

What you just described is a precedent. Well, two of them actually. Polygamy - 2, annulment - 0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm...did they seriously show a clip of a raven struggling to fly, and have LF state that "its not easy for ravens to fly in these storms" an episode after having a raven traverse the entire continent in a matter of what? hours?

So much for for the numerous honey potting theories I've read about magical ravens that can fly at Mach 4 speeds.

It's kind of the whole, Arya was actually the waif excuses all over again from last season.

I'm sure all of these dumb theories about the NK setting a trap to get a dragon will come to fruition as well. :rolleyes:

When will defenders of this show realize that these plots and scenes are actually as dumb as they seem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

At this point I wouldn't expect Winds from him in 2018 regardless of what the show does.  He just doesn't have it in him to finish this series, I think.  Creatively spent.

Edit; meant "Wouldn't" expect Winds in 2018, not would.     

I disagree. I am absolutely positive we will get Winds after the show ends, somewhere late 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Dany fucking stop about this "Once I march north Cersei will take half the kingdom back"

When did Dany occupy anything other than Dragonstone? What is this "half the kingdom" she's speaking of so much?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×