TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

13 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Well, of course it can that quickly. If I turn up the heating it gets hot, if I turn it down or open a window it gets colder. Unfortunately I can’t set different temperatures for different rooms, there’s only one thermostat. If I set it to say 23C the radiators will heat every room until said room reaches 23C. Of course some rooms get warm/cold more quickly. In the daytime, I like to have around 23C, and the theormostat automatically switches to 19C at midnight, so the radiators stop heating. The temperature goes down to around 20C by morning. That’s just perfect for sleeping and saves energy too. 

We also have only one thermostat, but we still have different temperatures in every room. Can you not adjust the temperature directly on every radiator? The kitchen/living room gets warmer quickly even when the radiators there are switched off, because that is where we cook.

50 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

We also have only one thermostat, but we still have different temperatures in every room. Can you not adjust the temperature directly on every radiator? The kitchen/living room gets warmer quickly even when the radiators there are switched off, because that is where we cook.

Yeah, same here. I can, but that’s not as subtle and I can never tell what difference it will make. I should probably read up on how exactly that works. 

Right now I’m boiling glass jars so it’s pretty warm in the kitchen/dining/living room even though the temp is set to 22.5 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry! Have another!

Yay! Thanks :D 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

You clearly need something warm and adorable to cuddle up to.

Awwwww! :wub: 

So people. Should I, or should I not get a mantelpiece frame for my bedroom? (Obviously, I can’t have an actual mantelpiece, but you know, fake it till you make it) you know, just a faux one, like These. Wait, let me rephrase the question.  I want to get a faux mantelpiece because I think it looks cool and I don’t care that it isn’t functional. The actual question is, is there enough space to do so, or is it overkill and just shrinks the room that’s tiny anyway? Right now there’s 110 cm space between the end of the bed and the opposite wall which is painfully blank. The frame I’m considering is 20cm deep.  

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

So people. Should I, or should I not get a mantelpiece frame for my bedroom? (Obviously, I can’t have an actual mantelpiece, but you know, fake it till you make it) you know, just a faux one, like These. Wait, let me rephrase the question.  I want to get a faux mantelpiece because I think it looks cool and I don’t care that it isn’t functional. The actual question is, is there enough space to do so, or is it overkill and just shrinks the room that’s tiny anyway? Right now there’s 110 cm space between the end of the bed and the opposite wall which is painfully blank. The frame I’m considering is 20cm deep.  

Don’t listen to people who find them scary, they just don’t understand :P.

With the mantle, I think it would look good but then it doesn’t sound like there is a lot of room, if it were me, I probably wouldn’t.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Don’t listen to people who find them scary, they just don’t understand :P.

With the mantle, I think it would look good but then it doesn’t sound like there is a lot of room, if it were me, I probably wouldn’t.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of too. That there isn't enough room and it would look stupid. 

But then what's plan B? A picture wall, but that's what I want to do for the right side wall. Isn't it too much to have two? Decorating is difficult. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I love those with the candles in an iron centerpiece. No idea how to describe it but we had one for our faux fireplace in CA. It set a lovely mood at night. Turned out it was at one time a functional fireplace but after the big earthquake in the 1930’s it was closed off. 

I’m running out of ideas for dinner and Pinterest is not helping me. Nothing looks good. And I’m so tired of seeing the recipes that use 5 cans of whatever. I prefer fresh produce. 

14 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I love those with the candles in an iron centerpiece. No idea how to describe it but we had one for our faux fireplace in CA. It set a lovely mood at night. Turned out it was at one time a functional fireplace but after the big earthquake in the 1930’s it was closed off. 

I’m running out of ideas for dinner and Pinterest is not helping me. Nothing looks good. And I’m so tired of seeing the recipes that use 5 cans of whatever. I prefer fresh produce. 

Yeah, that was the idea, some lanterns, those big ass candles on sticks, maybe decorative logs or something... I really don’t know if I should all the work (and money) in it when it might look too much and just takes away much needed room...? 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think that even if it didn't say "Buckwheat" on top of my post, you would know this answer was coming from me: get a book shelf instead. :P

Yeah, I was absolutely sure, you would vote against a lovely faux mantel. I already have a bookshelf in the living room, I don’t need one in the bedroom, especially not facing the bed. I need something cozy and nice to look at when I go to bed in the evening. (Don’t say that I need a boyfriend, nobody knows better than me that I really badly do :lol: ) 

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think that even if it didn't say "Buckwheat" on top of my post, you would know this answer was coming from me: get a book shelf instead. :P

I almost bet you to that suggestion, but I tend to second-guess myself about posting a lot.

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I already have a bookshelf in the living room, I don’t need one in the bedroom, especially not facing the bed. I need something cozy and nice to look at when I go to bed in the evening.

Are you implying that a nice collection of books isn't cozy and nice to look at? And you can put the same ornaments on top as you would with a mantel. Hang on, what do you mean a bookshelf singular? How can you possibly survive with just one? :P

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, I was absolutely sure, you would vote against a lovely faux mantel. I already have a bookshelf in the living room, I don’t need one in the bedroom, especially not facing the bed. I need something cozy and nice to look at when I go to bed in the evening. (Don’t say that I need a boyfriend, nobody knows better than me that I really badly do :lol: ) 

Maybe then you should just hang a giant lovely picture of an imaginary dream boyfriend on the opposite wall. :P

43 minutes ago, felice said:

I almost bet you to that suggestion, but I tend to second-guess myself about posting a lot.

Are you implying that a nice collection of books isn't cozy and nice to look at? And you can put the same ornaments on top as you would with a mantel. Hang on, what do you mean a bookshelf singular? How can you possibly survive with just one? :P

I delete half my posts before I post them. Not as much in Forum Games, but a lot in other areas. :P

Agree about everything regarding furniture.

57 minutes ago, felice said:

I’m implying that a nice collection of books is cozy and nice to look at in the living room or a reading nook or a home library if one is lucky to have one, but not so much in the middle of a bedroom. Of course this is a question of personal preference. 

I don’t have a whole lot of books in my flat. Most of my childhood / adolescence book collection is in my room at my parents house and most of the classics I read were from the family collection which is again in my parents living room. They have a wall of bookshelves from floor to ceiling, as they have accumulated the books of two generations. It will be a few decades before I get there, and by that time,I’ll hopefully live in a house where I can have a designated place for books and reading. Until such time, I have a bookshelf singular and space for another one. Don’t judge me :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe then you should just hang a giant lovely picture of an imaginary dream boyfriend on the opposite wall. :P

I delete half my posts before I post them. Not as much in Forum Games, but a lot in other areas. :P

Agree about everything regarding furniture.

Are you suggesting that I hang mature content on my wall? :lol: nope, I’ll just try to go out more and be a little more open minded about dating and lower my standards next year. 

Yeah, I do the same. Posts and emails both. And I spend an embarrassing amount of time toning down posts so they are internet friendly. Almost as much time as I spend blinging up my emails so they aren’t cold/rude/demanding. Some people write these emails that suggest they want to prance on the meadows and sing with the recipient, while my draft emails are like Okay/Not okay. Do/don’t do this. Thanks. Bye. 

Archived