MLB Postseason: Bye, Cubs, Bye!

Myshkin

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The wording was really ambiguous.  I think he decided to ride off into the sunset.  

Nope. This is from his statement.

The 53-year-old Girardi announced his departure in an emailed statement on Thursday morning, saying, “With a heavy heart, I come to you because the Yankees have decided not to bring me back.” The statement went on to thank everyone from the Steinbrenner family to General Manager Brian Cashman to his coaches and other team personnel, and it concluded with Girardi saying that the “passion and excitement” of the 2017 postseason would “remain in my heart forever.”

Wow. I'm not the closest Yankee watcher, but that seems unexpected. I've seen Yankee fans complain about his in-game moves -- was he on thin ice before this year? Just seems like a weird move for a team that overachieved into the ALCS.

Crazy game, tough loss last night, Dodger fans. To cheer you up, Dan Shaughnessy has bestowed upon you a Very Special Guest Take. That'll put a little Sawksy flavor in your oatmeal this morning. I know he'll be your most beloved Boston import since Frank McCourt.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/10/26/dan-shaughnessy-knows-the-real-culprit-for-last-nights-loss-adrian-gonzalez/

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Shaughnessy is a straight-up boob. Little better than a messageboard troll at this point. Who the fuck gives two shits about Adrian Gonzalez at this point?  

To be clear, I posted that to make fun of Shaughnessy. He's about 90% troll, but he did make the Red Sox uncomfortable (in a good way) with his expose on David Price's whining at Eck.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

To be clear, I posted that to make fun of Shaughnessy. He's about 90% troll, but he did make the Red Sox uncomfortable (in a good way) with his expose on David Price's whining at Eck.

Oh yeah, I know. I think you may have introduced me to his particular brand of sports trollery back in the day.

Not too surprised nor upset with the Yanks moving on from Joe.  Ten years is a long time and the time seems right to make a change.  I do expect that the Yanks have a candidate(s) in mind though.  Based on their moves over recent years wouldn't be surprised if they promoted from within.  No idea who that would be - the obvious candidate would be Rob Thomson but perhaps Scranton manager Al Pedrique.  Anyway, with Jeter poaching their player development head Gary Denbo and Cashman still not re-signed as of yet, the Yankees technically have a lot of holes to fill right now.

That’s the third manager this year to get shitcanned after taking his team to the postseason. This one makes even less sense than the other two, since the Yanks significantly overachieved this season. 

Archived