Worst theory you've ever heard

Livesundersink

11 minutes ago, the trees have eyes said:

Elmar Frey is her betrothed and he was at Harrenhall.  Hindsight is wonderful, hey?

I loved that moment, Arya finds him sitting on a flight of stairs and weeping, she asks what's wrong and he states that he won't get his princess and that he'll have to marry someone else, little does he know that his "princess" is standing before him.

I am curious as to see whether she will learn about this before the series end and see what her reaction is.

3 minutes ago, Livesundersink said:

I loved that moment, Arya finds him sitting on a flight of stairs and weeping, she asks what's wrong and he states that he won't get his princess and that he'll have to marry someone else, little does he know that his "princess" is standing before him.

I am curious as to see whether she will learn about this before the series end and see what her reaction is.

The funniest bit is when she says "I hope your princess dies". 

On 12/14/2017 at 3:31 PM, Horse of Kent said:

Arya is too damaged to be a human so she must die and live in Nymeria for ever.

Well, on your point that Arya is too damaged, I do agree.  Arya's murder of the insurance vendor was that, murder.  Murder is a crime.  However, there is no such thing as murder to wolves.  They just do what they do.  Perhaps becoming a wolf is Arya's final fate.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.  When I say wolf, I mean die as a human and become a wolf, not as a human warging a wolf.  Wargs and skinchangers have unwritten codes of ethics which she should abide by but if she were to die as a human and become a wolf permanently then nothing is a sin.  See in the world of the wolf there can be no crime.

3 hours ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I literally have no opinion about the untimely demise of Unidentified Door Guard #1. Sorry.

Poor Door Guard #1, it was his big chance at a promotion and a better life for his children and sick aged mother.  If only he hadn't bent down to pick up the coin they so desparately needed!  :crying:

20 minutes ago, the trees have eyes said:

Poor Door Guard #1, it was his big chance at a promotion and a better life for his children and sick aged mother.  If only he hadn't bent down to pick up the coin they so desparately needed!  :crying:

And what about the poor door guards Nos. 2 and 3 at Winterfell when those heinous spearwives Holly and Frenya used their wicked wiles to murder those poor lads who just wanted a little comfort so far from home. 

14 hours ago, the trees have eyes said:

13 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

And what about the poor door guards Nos. 2 and 3 at Winterfell when those heinous spearwives Holly and Frenya used their wicked wiles to murder those poor lads who just wanted a little comfort so far from home. 

*Pours one out for the homies* 

19 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Those door gaurds need to get unionised pronto, working conditions are seriously unsafe!

2 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

It reminds me of poor Puddles, mercilessly slayed by Sam (the Slayer).

That was a pretty odd comparison tbh.  The Others are are at war with the NW / humanity, Arya is not at war with the Northmen, they follow her brother after all.  Yet rather than reveal who she is and be protected she cuts a guard's throat to escape Harrenhall.

3 hours ago, the trees have eyes said:

Those door gaurds need to get unionised pronto, working conditions are seriously unsafe!

That was a pretty odd comparison tbh.  The Others are are at war with the NW / humanity, Arya is not at war with the Northmen, they follow her brother after all.  Yet rather than reveal who she is and be protected she cuts a guard's throat to escape Harrenhall.

She wasn't at war with Cercei and the Lannisters either, in fact, her sister was to marry into that family. It didn't stop them from murdering most of her household's guards, and lopping her father's head off. Can you really blame her for not trusting anyone?

And as it turns out, her instincts where spot on, it was these same Northmen that turned their cloak, and offed her brother as well.

2 hours ago, the trees have eyes said:

Thank goodness. The first time I read Storm, I couldn't stop turning pages fearing Sansa was gonna get raped and Arya was gonna get killed or taken hostage. I was very happy when she escaped and Nymeria intercepted Roose's pursuit. 

1 hour ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

She wasn't at war with Cercei and the Lannisters either, in fact, her sister was to marry into that family. It didn't stop them from murdering most of her household's guards, and lopping her father's head off. Can you really blame her for not trusting anyone?

And as it turns out, her instincts where spot on, it was these same Northmen that turned their cloak, and offed her brother as well.

I'm sorry but what part of The Starks and Lannisters not being at war did you read about?  I think your comparison is somewhat misplaced.  No, I don't blame her for not trusting anyone, that is why she decides not to reveal herself to the Northmen who take Harrenhall from the Lannisters and to kill one of them in an escape in extremis rather than do so.

Her instincts aren't really what are at play here.  Pre-battle of the Blackwater, pre-capture of Winterfell and pre-Robb not keeping it in his pants and throwing away the Frey alliance Roose is not the dagger at Robb's throat he becomes.  Roose may be a fair weather bannerman and looking not just to come out of things a disaster well but to secure a promotion too but there is no reason for Arya to suspect disloyalty, he's just a weird dude and she's a traumatised child.

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Thank goodness. The first time I read Storm, I couldn't stop turning pages fearing Sansa was gonna get raped and Arya was gonna get killed or taken hostage. I was very happy when she escaped and Nymeria intercepted Roose's pursuit. 

There are two phases to her Harrenhall experience.

The first under the Mountain and Lorch is abominable and she survives Weese's tyrannical brutality by keeping her head down, oh and using her Jaqen joker to off all of Chiswyck, Weese and whoever were guarding Glover and the other Northmen in the cells.

The second under Roose is completely different and she acts as his servant, almost a page and is never mistreated or under threat of any particular kind.

I don't see why people reference the first phase under the Mountain's Men to justify her killing a Northern soldier to escape.  I understand not wanting to be left at Harrenhall under Hoat's authority (who wouldn't) but the simple solution is to say to Roose who she is.

It's easy to use hindsight to say she was right to mistrust Roose given the Red Wedding but that's a long way off in the story.   Deciding to kill one of Robb's men to escape rather than secure better treatment from one of his principal bannermen is a shocking choice to me.

Archived