Wiki Errors

belladeuil

• 4 weeks later...

@Nittanian 

@Thomaerys Velaryon

On the family tree on House Stark's wiki page the lines linking Rodrik Stark and Arya Flint to Lyarra Stark and Rickard Stark and Lyarra Stark to Benjen Stark were erased.

Also, on the Sheepshead Hills' wiki page it says:

According to a semi-canon source, the hills are located within the dominion of the houses Manderly, and Hornwood, the seat of House Hornwood, is located near the northwestern edge of the hills.

It should be:

"According to a semi-canon source, the hills are located within the dominion of House Manderly, and Hornwood [this link should redirect to the seat of House Hornwood, also called Hornwood, and not to the page of the House itself, as it currently redirects], the seat of House Hornwood, is located near the northwestern edge of the hills."

Edited by Loraq

On 12/13/2023 at 4:25 PM, Loraq said:

"According to a semi-canon source, the hills are located within the dominion of House Manderly, and Hornwood [this link should redirect to the seat of House Hornwood, also called Hornwood, and not to the page of the House itself, as it currently redirects], the seat of House Hornwood, is located near the northwestern edge of the hills."

Corrected!

On 12/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, Nittanian said:

Corrected!

1 - I don't know if it's only me who sees it like that, but the connecting lines between Rodrik Stark, Arya Flint and Lyarra Stark as well as those between Rickard, Lyarra and Benjen Stark in the family tree on House Stark's wiki page disappeared.

2 - There's some discrepancies between the wiki pages of House Royce of Runestone and House Royce of the Gates of the Moon.

House Royce of Runestone

With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:

House Royce of the Gates of the Moon

With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:

As shown above, Perra Royce, Ryella Royce and Kyle Royce are members "with unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch" on House Royce of the Gates of the Moon's wiki page.

However, on House Royce of Runestone's wiki page Perra Royce is listed instead as an historical member of the House.

Also, until stated otherwise, shouldn't they be considered by default members of House Royce of Runestone? And as such shouldn't their names be erased from House Royce of the Gates of the Moon's wiki page?

3 - Catelyn Stark says that Jocelyn Stark married into a junior branch of House Royce (she never specifically said it was House Royce of the Gates of the Moon).

Nonetheless, in the family tree on House Stark's wiki page the link in the box about Jocelyn's issue redirects to House Royce of the Gates of the Moon's wiki page (it used to redirect to a wiki page named "Template: Stark tree Jocelyn" - the same page that the link about her issue in the Stark family tree on her own wiki page redirects).

Edited by Loraq

On 12/23/2023 at 1:05 AM, Loraq said:

1 - I don't know if it's only me who sees it like that, but the connecting lines between Rodrik Stark, Arya Flint and Lyarra Stark as well as those between Rickard, Lyarra and Benjen Stark in the family tree on House Stark's wiki page disappeared.

I see it too. The code is correct, I don't know why the ligns don't appear on the tree anymore.

2 - There's some discrepancies between the wiki pages of House Royce of Runestone and House Royce of the Gates of the Moon.

Corrected.

3 - Catelyn Stark says that Jocelyn Stark married into a junior branch of House Royce (she never specifically said it was House Royce of the Gates of the Moon).

I've linked to the House Royce of Runestone's page instead of the Gates of the Moon since we don't know if Raymar and Benedict were of the Gates of the Moon branch or another unnamed junior branch.

Note: Catelyn says "Your father's father had no siblings, but his father had a sister who married a younger son of Lord Raymar Royce, of the junior branch." So, while it doesn't confirm that Raymar's branch = Gates of the Moon's branch, it does tend that way.

Edited by Thomaerys Velaryon

This one has cropped up again. An unsourced statement saying that GRRM voiced "Maester Martin" in the 2011 GoT video game, despite the character not remotely sounding like the real GRRM's speaking voice and the fact he is not listed in the voice cast in the game credits.

I vaguely recalled a conversation with @Ran many years ago where we got this confirmed that the cameo was only a character based on GRRM's visual appearance, and another actor played him.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I see it too. The code is correct, I don't know why the ligns don't appear on the tree anymore.

This is strange. I think it's because of the family tree's size and shape. Benjen Stark's box is smaller than the others. It gives the impression that it barely fits there and one more box added would make it disappear. So the lines don't appear simply because they don't have enough space to appear.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I've linked to the House Royce of Runestone's page instead of the Gates of the Moon since we don't know if Raymar and Benedict were of the Gates of the Moon branch or another unnamed junior branch.

Note: Catelyn says "Your father's father had no siblings, but his father had a sister who married a younger son of Lord Raymar Royce, of the junior branch." So, while it doesn't confirm that Raymar's branch = Gates of the Moon's branch, it does tend that way.

I think the best way to do it, as we don't know for sure, is to put in the box "Issue" and link it to the page "Template: Stark tree Jocelyn" as you can see it was done in the family tree on Jocelyn Stark's wiki page.

In the "Stark full tree" Lord Roderick Stark's name isn't in bold as the names of the other Lords of Winterfell.

In the "Stark tree Conquest" Lord Roderick Stark's name appears there but then shouldn't Brandon the Boastful's name and lineage appear as well?

Also, Alaric Stark's wiki page says:

"According to Archmaester Gyldayn, Alysanne charmed a reluctant Alaric into granting the New Gift to the Night's Watch because, even though Alaric was a strong friend to the Watch, he knew the northern lords who already held the lands in question would not be happy to be given away."

Shouldn't it be:

"According to Archmaester Gyldayn, Alysanne charmed a reluctant Alaric into granting the New Gift to the Night's Watch because, even though Alaric was a strong friend to the Watch, he knew the northern lords who already held the lands in question would not be happy to give them away."?

@Loraq There you go, I've put Beron's descendant more so to the left and now all the lign appears as they should.

2 hours ago, Loraq said:

In the "Stark tree Conquest" Lord Roderick Stark's name appears there but then shouldn't Brandon the Boastful's name and lineage appear as well?

Not necessarily. We don't know the link between Torrhen-Brandon 1-Roderick-Brandon 2. There is no real need to include Brandon 2 with Torrhen and the others who are closer to the Conquest.

2 hours ago, Loraq said:

Also, Alaric Stark's wiki page says:

Fixed.

Your observations were pertinent. You could create an account to edit the wiki directly, you know.

5 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

@Loraq

Your observations were pertinent. You could create an account to edit the wiki directly, you know.

I already requested an account so I could directly edit the wiki (I believe on december 12th).

However, I didn't receive the email with the password yet.

Aenar the Exile’s birth has been listed as 127 BC or earlier https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aenar_Targaryen

and the reasoning given in the link below is flawed (there is an additional note pointing this error out but nothing seems to have changed?) https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Years_after_Aegon's_Conquest/Calculations_Ages#Aenar_Targaryen

Aenar, upon leaving Valyria, was old enough to have a “maiden daughter” that convinced him of her dreams of the Doom. Daenys the Dreamer must have been a minimum of 12 as per Martin “A girl who has flowered, but not yet attained her sixteenth name day, is in a somewhat ambigious position: part child, part woman. A "maid," in other words.” As quoted on the wiki 

So, in 114 BC if Daenys was at least 12 then Daenys would have been born at the latest in 127 BC

Aenar must have been born, at the latest, in 140 BC  

I think Aenar’s birth date should read 140 BC or earlier and Daenys’s should be 126/127 BC or earlier.