What good can come from Dany coming to win back her family's throne?

Varysblackfyre321

On 1/1/2018 at 3:39 PM, Sigella said:

You haven't read Ser Barristans or Tyrions sample chapters have you? :D I don't want to spoil anything, but I do want to remind you that the situation in SB hasn't been concluded yet.

Hi Sigella.  The change in Slaver's Bay is still in progress.  It was worth a try to give peace a chance and see if the former masters will give in to progress.  It didn't work so now it's time to use force, fire and blood. 

Interesting that you think slavery i preferable to outside rule. Don't be surprised that most people generally won't agree with it. I don't think you seriously would if you happened to wake up as slave in SB-pre-Dany either.

Dany-haters have been known to try and excuse slavery.  There is no excuse for slavery.  This awesome young lady who is working to put an end to slavery is a hero in my book. 

Ps. Robert "putting down a rebellion" couldn't happen without "rebellion" so by definition, you aren't making any kind of sense.

7 hours ago, Tourbillon Mechanism said:

Agree 100%

I would like to see Daenerys rule Essos and Westeros.  Empress Daenerys Targaryen.  She can use her dragon to make a claim on the territories that once belonged to Valyria. 

I would love this as well.  Westeros is small potatoes compared to ending slavery and changing the Dothraki culture. 

5 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

She didn't bring Taco Tuesday to slavers bay

She's bringing something more delicious to slaver's bay:  An ancient recipe passed down from her illustrious ancestors.  Roasted harpies.  Nicely crisped on the outside and pink inside.  Just the sort of snack suitable for three growing dragons.  Freedom. 

On 12/27/2017 at 9:54 AM, Bloodstone Emperor said:

If she still believes that she can never have children, something that I can picture her doing is destroying Feudalism in Westeros and creating a council to rule and create new rulers. Also in Meereen she showed that she always would listen to the people and do things for the greater good like locking up her dragons after the death of Hazzea. She would be a better leader than Cersei, Robert, Joffrey, Stannis, Tywin, Renly, Balon, Euron, and even Robb. 

Dany will be the best ruler in ASOIAF.   She is learning from experience while she is ruling the worst people on Planetos, former slave owners. 

You have to play the game of thrones before you can ascend to the throne and Dany plays the game very well at all levels.  She is vastly more capable than Robb, Robert, Cersei, Jon, and Joffrey.  Dany has proven that she can take an insult, maintain composure, and keep her mind focused.  She should have been a fine poker player.  This was proven in Astapor when she fooled the slavers into thinking she doesn't speak their language and kept her composure when they were throwing insults her way.  The smartest players can hold their tongue and appear composed even face to face with an enemy.   They don't have the so-called "chip-on-the-shoulder" that trips other players. 

She takes seriously the idea that a queen belongs to her people.  She sets aside her personal desires to marry a man she doesn't love to stop the harpies from killing.  For a girl that young to realize this is remarkable.  This already makes her better than Robb and all the other people on that list. 

12 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

She's bringing something more delicious to slaver's bay:  An ancient recipe passed down from her illustrious ancestors.  Roasted harpies.  Nicely crisped on the outside and pink inside.  Just the sort of snack suitable for three growing dragons.  Freedom. 

I'd take roasted harpy over tacos any day of the week! 

12 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Hi Sigella.  The change in Slaver's Bay is still in progress.  It was worth a try to give peace a chance and see if the former masters will give in to progress.  It didn't work so now it's time to use force, fire and blood. 

Yes! Trying for peace isn't a failure, its a sign of responsible leadership. If she hadn't tried for peace she'd be no better leader than Mance/Renly/Robb/Stannis. 

Dany never wants peace with the slavers but she still tries - so that thousands of her people won't have to die fighting. Any casualties is blood on the slavers hands - not Dany's.

On 12/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, Agent Orange said:

She is the rightful ruler of Westeros.  She is on track to achieve what has never been achieved before, ending the slave trade.  Daenerys has great leadership skills and that has been mentioned many times on this forum.  She led a weak khalasar through the red waste and gave them strength.   She's brave.  Dany is superior to everybody else because she has the right balance of intelligence, cunning, bravery, ruthlessness, ambition, leadership abilities, and self-control.   She is always looking out for the greater good.  

I concur

I also happen to think that a ruler is more effective when they don't have close ties to another family, particularly their own family.  That is the only way to be fair.  Can a Stark put the interest of the realm ahead of House Stark?  I think we have seen that the answer to this is, no they cannot.  Jon was willing to desert the Night's Watch to help Robb Stark and he betrayed the Watch to help fArya.  A Stark is not who you want ruling over you.

Archived