TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

On 4/25/2018 at 4:41 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yaaaaay, she must be so cute! :commie: I’m doing well, thanks, the question is, how are you doing with the heat and the huge baby? (Or is it only summer here?) Hope everything is okay and you’re enjoying this stage of the pregnancy!  

It is already over 100F here... our pool is my saving grace. And watermelon. I can testify that buying a mealy watermelon or one that isn’t quite ripe is some kind of torture. I nearly had a meltdown once or twice :lol: 

On 4/25/2018 at 1:38 PM, Buckwheat said:

It is even hot and summery here. People are wearing shorts and summer dresses in April.

I need virtual rosé, funny gifs, adorable stuff, and a fuckton of cats. Breaking legs is not necessary, @Pebble, as it was my decision to get hurt in the end, but a hug would be nice.

Big HUG!!!! 

You got this, girl :grouphug: 

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

It is already over 100F here... our pool is my saving grace. And watermelon. I can testify that buying a mealy watermelon or one that isn’t quite ripe is some kind of torture. I nearly had a meltdown once or twice :lol: 

Okay it’s not that hot here. That’s really sick though. 38C in April. Where do you live? I remember California but you moved from there, right? 

And I agree that buying the right watermelon is a struggle. 

Happy weekend everyone :).

Lady O that sounds horribly hot!, I like warm weather but that is too much!, about 25c is perfect!.

Me,my fiancée and mini Sith are going car shopping today as now were a bit further out of London, sharing one between us isn’t always practical and we’re finding we need to drive much more.

There is so much more to consider now though,

got to take buggies and various baby stuff with us to make sure it all fits, and I guess we will have to flip a coin for who gets the new one and who keeps the one we have already, I wouldn’t cheat of course <_<.

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Big HUG!!!! 

You got this, girl :grouphug: 

Thank you!

You deserve all the perfect watermelons. ;)

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Okay it’s not that hot here. That’s really sick though. 38C in April. Where do you live? I remember California but you moved from there, right? 

And I agree that buying the right watermelon is a struggle. 

But what would Christmas be without historically low mountain snow causing stagerring drought? But hey, this eggnog fro-yo's super tight! :P

30 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

got to take buggies and various baby stuff with us to make sure it all fits, and I guess we will have to flip a coin for who gets the new one and who keeps the one we have already, I wouldn’t cheat of course <_<.

Maybe designate one car to be the one the baby gets driven with? Then you can already prepare everything in that car (the seat and whatever you need to have in the car at all times) and then whoever needs to take Baby Sith somewhere gets that car. I am sure you will find a good solution in the end. ;)

Had a good day. :) My little (not so little anymore, actually) cousin and I biked to the next village to buy something, had an ice cream and a chat. Then I helped my aunt with garden work and petted and cuddled the dog. And then aunt, grandmother and I had a long nice walk and we just came back a bit earlier. We laughed a lot. I think I will manage to get better emotionally soon. I talked to my aunt about it a bit. It was very realistic and matter-of-fact-like. It may have helped.

Tomorrow we are visiting some other relatives, so won't have much time to think about being sad either. That is good. :)

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Had a good day. :) My little (not so little anymore, actually) cousin and I biked to the next village to buy something, had an ice cream and a chat. Then I helped my aunt with garden work and petted and cuddled the dog. And then aunt, grandmother and I had a long nice walk and we just came back a bit earlier. We laughed a lot. I think I will manage to get better emotionally soon. I talked to my aunt about it a bit. It was very realistic and matter-of-fact-like. It may have helped.

Tomorrow we are visiting some other relatives, so won't have much time to think about being sad either. That is good. :)

This sounds like an absolutely lovely day. I miss the country. I don’t remember the last time I rode a bike and I don’t remember the last time I had a face to face conversation with my aunt. Yay that you got to hang out with family and occupy your mind and have a cheerful and chill day. :cheers: 

I had a very productive day for how crappy and blue I feel. I got out of bed around 11am, made breakfast and prepared a jar of my amazeballz green tea. I watched gossip girl and gave myself a pedicure, then I dragged my arse out, picked up a Starbucks drink (because I just can’t help myself) and went to the grocery store on the way back home. I cooked (!!!) shrimp pasta which turned out fine. There was way Too much lemon juice in the sauce for my taste, I’ll most definitely skip that next time, but I’m satisfied with the achievement. So I made some banana muffins too. I altered a recipe I’ve tried before to fix the qualities I didn’t like in the trial batch and this time it turned out great. At some point during mixing the batter, I cried to a dropkick Murphys song which made me feel slightly better.  Then I cleaned the flat and now I’m stuck in the guest room because I mopped the rest of the floors. 

I’ll probably build my side table and prepare some pictures for hanging. I’m supposed to get them and my shelves put up tomorrow. And it seems like the guy from the third floor is going to paint my stained walls which I procrastined to fix for half a year. Yay. 

No news of my laptop, no news of my eBay order. It would be great to know how much time and money it’s going to cost me to get that poor laptop fixed... oh well. Meanwhile it’s 30C outside, I have a headache and this day couldn’t be more boring if it tried. Can’t wait to go home and binge gossip girl with an aspirin and go to bed early. 

It is cloudy and a bit colder here, not so summery after yesterday's storm. My lesson in the afternoon got cancelled ... again. I hope I won't have to put up with this family next year, I could actually get a real course that wouldn't get cancelled so often at this time and get paid for it regularly. Ah well, at least I don't have to put up with these kids today.

Hope your headache gets better soon.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

No news of my laptop, no news of my eBay order. It would be great to know how much time and money it’s going to cost me to get that poor laptop fixed... oh well. Meanwhile it’s 30C outside, I have a headache and this day couldn’t be more boring if it tried. Can’t wait to go home and binge gossip girl with an aspirin and go to bed early. 

I hope you feel better soon :), and your laptop is ok!.

23 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

...Sneaks in

England are currently having local elections, this may seem trivial, but not so:

DOGS AT POLLING STATIONS!

Meh, I’m not going to bother voting, there wasn’t anyone to vote for in the last general election so no point in the council ones.

3 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Meh, I’m not going to bother voting, there wasn’t anyone to vote for in the last general election so no point in the council ones.

Then spoil your ballot. Sitting at home just tells them to not try and win your vote.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

...Sneaks in

England are currently having local elections, this may seem trivial, but not so:

DOGS AT POLLING STATIONS!

SO CUTE. How can they be so cute? :bawl: I want a puppy. 

@Lord Sidious thank you, my headache is not much better, but at least it’s almost weekend again.

as for voting, do go and vote and when the election doesn’t turn out the way you want it to turn out, march out to government buildings and protest against the lack of democracy (even though you just voted four days ago in a legal election with like 10 options on the ballot). 

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Then spoil your ballot. Sitting at home just tells them to not try and win your vote.

I voted in the 2015 election, but last years one I couldn’t bring myself to vote for a party run by Theresa May and I share hardly any of the views of Labour or Corbyn so couldn’t vote for them either.

The council elections arnt particularly important where I’m based now, it’s too much hassle to pack all the stuff in the car, and  lug baby with me down to the polling station.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

SO CUTE. How can they be so cute? :bawl: I want a puppy. 

@Lord Sidious thank you, my headache is not much better, but at least it’s almost weekend again.

as for voting, do go and vote and when the election doesn’t turn out the way you want it to turn out, march out to government buildings and protest against the lack of democracy (even though you just voted four days ago in a legal election with like 10 options on the ballot). 

Have you had any tablets for your headache?, try going to sleep for a bit, I find that often makes headaches go away :).

We just got the notifications by post about the most pointless voting - a referendum about a question that was already asked before, and even then, so few people bothered to vote. It is just nonsensical to do that, it is a problem that should not even be allowed to be asked the general public. At least now I know where the new polling station in our village is. It is still like three minutes on foot. I cannot imagine having to actually drive somewhere to go vote. Maybe some really remote villages have that, but generally, as far as I know, most people can reach theirs on foot.

Archived