MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

Mets have finally decided it’s probably best for Cespedes to have surgery now rather than wait until the offseason. They had to have known prior to bringing him off the DL that he was gonna need surgery, so why the fuck did they bring him back at all? Cespedes has spent the past two months on the DL, and you can’t help but wonder at what point during that stint was it first suggested that he would need surgery? And who made the decision to ignore that suggestion in favor of trying to get him back on the field as quickly as possible? I really do enjoy laughing at the Mets’ ineptitude, but the way they handle their players’ health is a fucking disgrace. It’s been that way forever, and everyone in baseball has known it forever.

17 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Mets have finally decided it’s probably best for Cespedes to have surgery now rather than wait until the offseason. They had to have known prior to bringing him off the DL that he was gonna need surgery, so why the fuck did they bring him back at all? Cespedes has spent the past two months on the DL, and you can’t help but wonder at what point during that stint was it first suggested that he would need surgery? And who made the decision to ignore that suggestion in favor of trying to get him back on the field as quickly as possible? I really do enjoy laughing at the Mets’ ineptitude, but the way they handle their players’ health is a fucking disgrace. It’s been that way forever, and everyone in baseball has known it forever.

They wouldn't be the Mets if they shut him down as soon as they knew he was going to need surgery. They wouldn't be the Mets if they acted in a rational manner at all in regards to anything. 

On 7/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, Myshkin said:

Who the shit are these Redbird pitchers?

Our first bit of rookie magic for the season. Both kids have talent, but are more likely to get knocked around a second time through a lineup than to pitch through one three times again. Fortunately for non-Cards fans, we have plenty of down-trending veteran hitters and the worst bullpen I can remember to keep us firmly in third or fourth place in the Central. I'm ready for another trade deadline with "We like our chances, we have the right pieces and are putting it together for another exciting low-80s win season!" as the theme.

I like what I've heard from Schlidt so far, but I don't see how he can trick our entire outfield into hitting like outfielders again, or somehow remotely zap our baserunners every time they start to do something idiotic yet again on the basepaths, or revert us from having the worst goddamn defense in baseball. Firing Matheny made me ever so happy, since it was under his watch that we collapsed into this error, mistake, and poor-effort prone team. I'm not advocating a complete re-build, and the large casual fanbase of redbird nation would be furious, but I'm all for shucking off three or four of our guys for middling to above-average prospects.

Some of the Bonds’ stats I’m hearing today are hilarious.

In his final season, at the age of 42, his OPS was better than all but two current players this season.  

If every one of his homeruns was changed to a strikeout, he’d still have a better OPS than Alex Rodriguez.

The dude was the best to ever do it.

6 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The story on Bonds is that he was a great player had he not cheated and he was also the best cheater ever.

Right, because his enormous OPS in his age 42 season had nothing to do with taking roids. 

Also, new thread:

Archived