MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet:

https://deadspin.com/serving-up-a-three-run-homer-is-somehow-only-the-second-1827676441

Brewers reliever Josh Hader pitched just a third of an inning during Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game, and allowed a mighty three-run Jean Segura tater that put the American League ahead in the eighth. His hair was perfect, but it was otherwise not a great night for Milwaukee’s closer. But getting donged up is not the reason why he was trending on social media before the game was even over. That happened because a bunch of his old tweets started recirculating mid-game, for depressingly familiar reasons:

The tweets are awful, but for some odd reason I think it's funny that people in the stadium were figuring this out in real time. 

Machado to LA is apparently a done deal. Dustin May and Gavin Lux not involved. In addition to Yusniel Diaz Dodgers will be sending pitchers Zach Pop and Dean Kremer, and infielders Rylan Bannon and Breyvic Valera to Baltimore. Diaz is the only really significant prospect of that group. 

14 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

In addition to Yusniel Diaz Dodgers will be sending pitchers Zach Pop and Dean Kremer, and infielders Rylan Bannon and Breyvic Valera to Baltimore. Diaz is the only really significant prospect of that group. 

Yeah, that's a much more palatable supplemental package.  Still, Kremer looks like a keeper - I suspect he's valued closely to what May is at this point.

ETA:  Also, I'm sure what Cash was asking in negotiations - who gives up 5 guys for a rental?

15 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah, that's a much more palatable supplemental package.  Still, Kremer looks like a keeper - I suspect he's valued closely to what May is at this point.

ETA:  Also, I'm sure what Cash was asking in negotiations - who gives up 5 guys for a rental?

Especially when that rental wants to sign with the Yankees. 

Brad Hand was just traded to the Indians. 

So Yoenis Cespedes returned to action last night after missing a million games due to a hip injury, which came close after missing half a million games due to a quad injury, which came after missing another half a million games due to a hammy injury, and now he reveals that he’s got a heel problem that’s gonna require offseason surgery with an 8-10 month recovery time. He’s also not sure if he’ll be able to play out the rest of the season with the heel problem. So I’m sitting here thinking why don’t the Mets just shut him down right now, get him the surgery, and hopefully have him ready for 2019. I mean they’re not going anywhere this season, so why put it off and further risk his health? Then I remembered it’s the fucking Mets. Why anyone would sign with that garbage organization is a mystery to me.

14 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

So Yoenis Cespedes returned to action last night after missing a million games due to a hip injury, which came close after missing half a million games due to a quad injury, which came after missing another half a million games due to a hammy injury, and now he reveals that he’s got a heel problem that’s gonna require offseason surgery with an 8-10 month recovery time. He’s also not sure if he’ll be able to play out the rest of the season with the heel problem. So I’m sitting here thinking why don’t the Mets just shut him down right now, get him the surgery, and hopefully have him ready for 2019. I mean they’re not going anywhere this season, so why put it off and further risk his health? Then I remembered it’s the fucking Mets. Why anyone would sign with that garbage organization is a mystery to me.

They wouldn't be the Mets if they shut him down right away. 

Gotta wonder why Logan Forsythe is still getting starts. We got like twenty guys on our team capable of playing 2nd. Chase Utley might be eighty years old, but he’s still a better baseball player than Forsythe. 

Noah Syndergaard has contracted hand, foot and mouth disease while helping out at a youth camp over the All-Star break. Only the Mets... 

Reminds me of a costume I wore to a Halloween party years ago, complete with an arm sling, cane and blue jersey which said "My Entire Team Sucks" 

Short sighted to call that "laziness."  He didn't run on what would have been a double for anyone else earlier in the game.  He's obviously debilitatingly limited - if you wanna question why you bring him back when he can't run, fine.  But that's on management.

C’mon guys, isn’t it obvious? Sanchez is trying to fool the league into thinking he’s lazy so that he can burn them when it really counts. It’s a variation on the classic Manny Gambit.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Short sighted to call that "laziness."  He didn't run on what would have been a double for anyone else earlier in the game.  He's obviously debilitatingly limited - if you wanna question why you bring him back when he can't run, fine.  But that's on management.

Totally disagree. He hit the ball hard and thought it was an easy out so just jogged. I’ve seen him not hustle on balls when he’s 100% so this is nothing out of the ordinary. I love the dude but he has a Cano-like attitude out there at times. 

24 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Totally disagree. He hit the ball hard and thought it was an easy out so just jogged. I’ve seen him not hustle on balls when he’s 100% so this is nothing out of the ordinary. I love the dude but he has a Cano-like attitude out there at times. 

Have you been watching the since he came back?  He hasn't run on anything.  He clearly either can't, or has been told not to, run on anything.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Have you been watching the since he came back?  He hasn't run on anything.  He clearly either can't, or has been told not to, run on anything.

That passed ball play too. Dude scores from 2nd fucking base(and him and Severino get into it after the inning ended). If Yankees told him not to run at all then they’re complete fucking idiots for putting him out there. Either way something has to be done if he just can’t run, or is just not hustling. We need The Kraken!

I went to Citi Field last weekend for the first time and it lived up to the hype. Great place. I’m also going out west today and gonna hit a Padres and Angels games this week too. I’ve never been to Cali, or seen Trout live so pretty excited for both.

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

That passed ball play too. Dude scores from 2nd fucking base(and him and Severino get into it after the inning ended). If Yankees told him not to run at all then they’re complete fucking idiots for putting him out there. Either way something has to be done if he just can’t run, or is just not hustling. We need The Kraken!

I went to Citi Field last weekend for the first time and it lived up to the hype. Great place. I’m also going out west today and gonna hit a Padres and Angels games this week too. I’ve never been to Cali, or seen Trout live so pretty excited for both.

I'm more upset about his fielding, he lets one ball go by a seriesand gives the opposition a run. He needs to be back on the DL if he's not 100% he's more of a hindrance at this point. 

Archived