TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Ok, this is pretty dark for October :( ....and I complained for being dark at 6pm here in October due to that "winter time"change as well...

Ouch... I "became" a teetotaller some time ago and thus I don't get into this circumstances. If people are drunk around me in social events, I pretend I am a little more "happy". Although, I must say, the only real reason I did that was due to health and because I hate hangovers, even if I found being drunk (if it's not exaggerated) quite "fun" due to the effects it has on inhibition. Age would not be a factor... But....hangovers are the worst...and drinking it's incredibly unhealthy....and makes you gain weight....

I'm super into teas and warm drinks when Fall comes....

I'd love to go abroad for an internship or job or something...

it's been two years since I don't go out of the country :( not even for travelling.:crying::crying:

BTW Happy Halloween! In Catalonia we celebrate the "Castanyada" (basically Chestnut festivity") and also eat sweet "panellets". But since I am allergic to nuts (they are made of almonds and pine nuts), I don't, xd.

I was quite surprised to find a dozen of kids dressed as witches and ghosts looking for candies in the streets. Hey, every year  it's more normal, I guess.

Yeah, It’s quite nasty... I mean the natural pace of getting dark would have been perfect. It was getting dark around 6 here too. Then BAMM, we switch to winter time and it’s pitch dark at 5. And the Christmas lights are not even up. 

The issue for me is that I don’t enjoy drinking. The whole arch of the night and others will pull me along so I’ll drink, but generally, it’s not fun, as I’m too old for drinking enough to get all hazy and giggly and all. I drink just the right amount to remain in perfect control but still enough so that it kicks in by the time I get up and I’ll spend the night drinking water, going to the loo and waiting for my head to stop spinning so I can finally sleep. I hate that. And I hate the morning after when I’m tired and my stomach wants to rip from hunger because I haven’t eaten since the previous lunch. I just hate it.

Make no mistake, this happens about twice, maaaaybe three times every half a year, so it’s hardly regular. But I hate it every time and I tell myself I won’t do such next time and then I still do. Bleh. 

Those sweets look incredibly tasty! They look halloweeny but still seem like actual delicious cookies rather than some tasteless sugary crap. 

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I haven’t read back, unforgivable I know. 

Just came to wish those that celebrate a happy Halloween!

I haven’t read back in years, lady O. No worries at all. 

Happy halloween to you too and to your little ones! Did they both dress up for Halloween? You did mention that little o wanted to be something from a cartoon I’m too old to know once. Did he end up with that idea? 

November.

My least favorite month. The month of death to all green, growing things. The dark month. Technically, December is the month with the shortest, darkest days, but it usually has snow - and that changes everything. December also has the solstice and from that day onward, we are headed in the right direction - toward the light. But not November. Now there's only weeks and weeks of waiting.

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

November.

My least favorite month. The month of death to all green, growing things. The dark month. Technically, December is the month with the shortest, darkest days, but it usually has snow - and that changes everything. December also has the solstice and from that day onward, we are headed in the right direction - toward the light. But not November. Now there's only weeks and weeks of waiting.

But but but but... you’re waiting for the Christmas season, the city is gradually dressed up in festive lights, you decorate your home for the holidays. You get to wear warm and cozy sweaters and boots and take nature walks because there’s finally autumn foliage. You get to start getting Christmas presents, bake apples and make the first batch of mulled wine and curl up on the sofa with hot cocoa while it’s raining outside. 

It is raining. Precisely. It is so gloom. I don't want to go outside because all of the water falling on me and laying on the streets.

The sugary TV channel that my mother likes has started showing Christmas movies and it is still way too early for that and if that channel was not stupid enough as it is, Christmas makes it so much worse. :ack:

It is dark, but still too warm for snow.

No autumn foliage, all the trees are bare already.

I do currently not have a boyfriend to steal sweaters from, so that point goes out the window too. (I have an "it's complicated" thing going on with the supernatural entity now, if anybody cares). I am not that much into sweaters either. I much prefer sunlight directly on my skin.

So I am with HC. This time of the year sucks.

I am not coping well at all with the cold weather. It seems I have gone *gasp* *looks around nervously*

southern...

Spoiler

Or, you know, I have 0 reserves of fat to insulate me or give me energy to move around or whatever

I old warmer temperatures more but to be honest I quite like the winter too. I like going to the countryside and going for walks and having lunch at a country pub with a warm fire in it.

Also my new car choice was inspired for winter-heated seats and steering wheel :D.

10 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I old warmer temperatures more but to be honest I quite like the winter too. I like going to the countryside and going for walks and having lunch at a country pub with a warm fire in it.

Also my new car choice was inspired for winter-heated seats and steering wheel :D.

:commie: :agree: 

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

But but but but... you’re waiting for the Christmas season, the city is gradually dressed up in festive lights, you decorate your home for the holidays. You get to wear warm and cozy sweaters and boots and take nature walks because there’s finally autumn foliage. You get to start getting Christmas presents, bake apples and make the first batch of mulled wine and curl up on the sofa with hot cocoa while it’s raining outside. 

Sorry, I was just outgassing because it has been so dark.

October is usually a month for cool (but not cold), crisp days and clear blue skies with migrating geese flying overhead and the nights are frosty. Instead it has been cold during the day with dark, heavy leaden skies - but oddly not that cold at night. Feels like it has been November for a couple weeks already, which is why I was grumpy when the calendar actually did say "November".

To us here (Mrs.Chicken feels the way I do about this), December is for Christmas things. I'll make some chocolate truffles - maybe with nuts, maybe raspberry. Mrs. Chicken will make the Norwegian Christmas bread that I love (Julekake). We'll designate one of our trees (we have a big yucca and a grapefruit tree in the house) to be be decorated - maybe both, and I may even get motivated to string up some lights on the porch - but none of this happens till after American Thanksgiving on Nov. 22.

Hot cocoa is great, love it, but we're more likely to heat up some spiced cider (vanilla bark, cloves, and an orange). Hopefully there'll be some snow for me to shovel - which I love doing - as long as it's not 3 big storms in four days or something silly.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:09 PM, RhaenysBee said:

See, @Mark Antony appreciates it.  :D how are you doing, Mark? give us an update, I haven’t heard of you in ages,  You are an eternal lurker :D 

I love the winter. I love wearing hoodies and being cold doesn’t both me at all compared to sweating in the heat. 

I know I’m bad about lurking and not posting :leaving: 

been good thanks for asking :) 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Did I miss a post somewhere?

The like button gave away my presence :( 

I actually kind of like it when it snows, things are pretty and it feels fresh and crisp, the novelty wears off pretty quickly though because, as I’m somewhat on the skinny side I tend to really feel the cold, so I end up with huge winter coats and looking like an Eskimo, which as soon as you go back indoors you feel too hot with.

How is everyone’s weekend going?.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, Buckwheat said:

It is raining. Precisely. It is so gloom. I don't want to go outside because all of the water falling on me and laying on the streets.

The sugary TV channel that my mother likes has started showing Christmas movies and it is still way too early for that and if that channel was not stupid enough as it is, Christmas makes it so much worse. :ack:

It is dark, but still too warm for snow.

No autumn foliage, all the trees are bare already.

I do currently not have a boyfriend to steal sweaters from, so that point goes out the window too. (I have an "it's complicated" thing going on with the supernatural entity now, if anybody cares). I am not that much into sweaters either. I much prefer sunlight directly on my skin.

So I am with HC. This time of the year sucks.

:o you’ve got an it’s complicated thing going on?, but you’re so.....so.....pure, my image of you is shattered, shattered I tell you :P.

P.S. only joking you go lady I’m proud of you :D.

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I love the winter. I love wearing hoodies and being cold doesn’t both me at all compared to sweating in the heat. 

I know I’m bad about lurking and not posting :leaving: 

been good thanks for asking :) 

The like button gave away my presence :( 

Cold never bothered you anyway...! It does bother me, but I do love autumn and winter clothing, the overall atmosphere, the coziness, the food, the festive lights, the feeling, the things one gets to do. It’s just the best time of the year.

yeah, you totally disappeared :( And we miss you. But I’m really happy to hear that you’re doing well. Do you by any chance have a new pup since the princess? 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I actually kind of like it when it snows, things are pretty and it feels fresh and crisp, the novelty wears off pretty quickly though because, as I’m somewhat on the skinny side I tend to really feel the cold, so I end up with huge winter coats and looking like an Eskimo, which as soon as you go back indoors you feel too hot with.

I love snow too. :) Building snowmen! Too bad most people are not interested in building snowmen. :(

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

:o you’ve got an it’s complicated thing going on?, but you’re so.....so.....pure, my image of you is shattered, shattered I tell you :P.

P.S. only joking you go lady I’m proud of you :D.

Yeaaaaahhh ... I don't know. :(

I so want the supernatural entity to live closer. It would make things so much easier. :( I feel crappy when I start thinking about it, so I just try not to.

I never imagined myself as somebody with an ongoing on-and-off relationship, and I definitely know I do not want to have that, but I might be on a way towards that, and I hate it, but but but ... maybe it just works out? Or maybe it doesn't? *is puzzled* *needs girly words of reassurance from the spam ladies*

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I love snow too. :) Building snowmen! Too bad most people are not interested in building snowmen. :(

Yeaaaaahhh ... I don't know. :(

I so want the supernatural entity to live closer. It would make things so much easier. :( I feel crappy when I start thinking about it, so I just try not to.

I never imagined myself as somebody with an ongoing on-and-off relationship, and I definitely know I do not want to have that, but I might be on a way towards that, and I hate it, but but but ... maybe it just works out? Or maybe it doesn't? *is puzzled* *needs girly words of reassurance from the spam ladies*

Yeah it is exciting!, I really hope it snows when mini Sith is 3 or 4 and we can build a snowman together :wub:.

Ugh I don’t know what to say about your situation other than it can’t be an easy one to be in, and it must be so frustrating being in a long distance relationship, it’s never something I’ve experienced, and of you really have such feelings for him I hope you both do work something out and end up happy :).

There, girly words of reassurance provided-although probably not from the girl you expected to provide them :P, ugh look I’m being all nice again.

45 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah it is exciting!, I really hope it snows when mini Sith is 3 or 4 and we can build a snowman together :wub:.

Ugh I don’t know what to say about your situation other than it can’t be an easy one to be in, and it must be so frustrating being in a long distance relationship, it’s never something I’ve experienced, and of you really have such feelings for him I hope you both do work something out and end up happy :).

There, girly words of reassurance provided-although probably not from the girl you expected to provide them :P, ugh look I’m being all nice again.

Yes, it was frustrating being in one, and now it is frustrating half-being in half-one, and putting the conversation we need to have about what we want on hold because we cannot see each other to really talk about it ... and urgh. Was it a mistake that I made contact with him after a few months of no contact? He was in my city about two weeks ago again, BTW. It was ... mixed. I did not know how to behave towards him. So some awkwardness, some weird feelings, some wishing it could just be as it used to be ... :wacko:

Thank you for your reassuring words, of course. It is truly unexpected from you, like ...

(season 5 Brooklyn 99 spoiler)

Spoiler

Rosa being all supportive of Amy and going wedding dress shopping with her-kind of unexpected. ;)

But very nice. Thank you. ;)

On 11/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, It’s quite nasty... I mean the natural pace of getting dark would have been perfect. It was getting dark around 6 here too. Then BAMM, we switch to winter time and it’s pitch dark at 5. And the Christmas lights are not even up. 

The issue for me is that I don’t enjoy drinking. The whole arch of the night and others will pull me along so I’ll drink, but generally, it’s not fun, as I’m too old for drinking enough to get all hazy and giggly and all. I drink just the right amount to remain in perfect control but still enough so that it kicks in by the time I get up and I’ll spend the night drinking water, going to the loo and waiting for my head to stop spinning so I can finally sleep. I hate that. And I hate the morning after when I’m tired and my stomach wants to rip from hunger because I haven’t eaten since the previous lunch. I just hate it.

Make no mistake, this happens about twice, maaaaybe three times every half a year, so it’s hardly regular. But I hate it every time and I tell myself I won’t do such next time and then I still do. Bleh. 

Those sweets look incredibly tasty! They look halloweeny but still seem like actual delicious cookies rather than some tasteless sugary crap. 

I haven’t read back in years, lady O. No worries at all. 

Happy halloween to you too and to your little ones! Did they both dress up for Halloween? You did mention that little o wanted to be something from a cartoon I’m too old to know once. Did he end up with that idea? 

Yes, sometimes being pulled along it's not the best when one wants to avoid the undesired effects of the day after. I've struggled with no drinking when others do, but now I'm more accustomed. 

And yeah, even if if doesn't happen much, it sucks, those effects...

About the seasonal debates..

well a long time ago summer used to be my favorite season, since I discovered that I don't like the heat, I like mild temperatures. So now, technically, my favorite season is Spring due to that, and because days grow longer....more daylight, etc.

I don't dislike autumn, I particularly like that the weather is not as cold as winter, and I do like rain, but.... I much prefer Spring!  I guess a part of me also likes winter, but sadly seeing snow in my city is not normal (only maybe in the hills of the city, although last year it snowed three days at city level).

About what I wanted to comment the other day in response to @Buckwheat but I didn't have time:

yeah, my uni in theory takes part in a program (student organised level)  in which people can join international internships provided that you achieve points. You get these points if you achieve internships for students who will come here from another country just like you want to go to theirs, talking to the firms and convincing them for that, to join all this project. Sounds difficult, and now the deadline to achieve this is about one month, not enough time to gain points.....but maybe I'd try to do something about that for next year... Oh my... I have to do something! Right now the organizers (students currently involved) gave us a link to join them, but it doesn't work. Their mail doesn't work either, so now I contacted a student of another organisation who knows one of them, so I'll try to contact this way.

Erasmus is more complicated at Master level in my uni because there are just a few vacancies. During my first degree I didn't do it (although I must say, was not a popular thing in that particular uni) and in my second bachelor I didn't focus on that for work and related stuff. All the people I know that have done an Erasmus are quite satisfied, and those friends who didn't or who did but then have worked abroad (or are currently working) really loved that. It would be an interesting way to make use of my English or any other language I studied (like French).

And I read your last posts and I'm sorry you're struggling with all this. 

I don't know about what it is being in this situation you describe, but I do know quite about experiencing feelings of frustration related to distances in multiple dimensions. 

If it helps, just try to live the moment and make no regrets about what you have or not have done. If something has to work out, it will. 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh today I finally cosplayed for the first time in my life in a Manga Con.  I basically disguised as the younger version of my current avatar from DBZ. Not that I was a hard fan of the series, but I liked the character and the cosplay was "easy"to achieve. Lots of money to achieve "the look" actually buying the costume online, but I had to re-design the T-shirt (more money...) because it didn't match the size (unlike the trousers); just more than 30 euros in make-up, 12 hours wearing contact lenses and yesterday night being spent dyeing my hair black (messing around everything) and cutting hair extensions to the perfect length. But oh, worth it.  Someone even wanted a pic with me, for the character.

Overall we had so much fun and bought lots of things there. And now I'm broke.

Archived