Tender side of Tywin, Roose, And Walder.

Moiraine Sedai

14 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

wow, getting personal now, very grown up. 

I was just stating what I saw, nothing more.

Yes you actually did. In your own words

"Robert hit Cersei twice and the first time he did it, it was for something he should have let Ilyn Payne 'hit' her."

I wrote 'hit' in brackets for a reason. When one put a word in brackets, one of the meanings of such punctuation is that he means something else behind that word. In this case I meant execution which is why I mentioned Ilyn Payne, the royal executioner, and not Mandon Moore or Meryn Tran. And if you followed what I write, which, as I'll show later, you don't, you would see that I retracted my statement because I misremembered what Robert actually hit her for the first time around. I thought it was for something much much worse than that veiled threat towards a child.

You claimed that Walder and Roose had done the same as Robert, I pointed out that there is zero evidence in the books for this. 

There is evidence on Roberts treatment of his wife, there is not the same for Walder or Roose. Pointing out that there is zero evidence for the claims you made is not speculation. 

I've said myself there is no evidence over what they did and that I merely speculate. That said, you too speculate because we have no idea how either Walder or Roose treat their wives. I speculate they they treat them similarly how they treat others, you speculate that while they may be monsters towards others, they were good towards their wives or that young girls were fine with marrying and sleeping with old Walder. In both cases it's speculation, you too speculate with this.

10 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

yeah, I got that. In the context of his point about Robert being a better husband than Walder, Roose or Tywin

This is an example of you not following my posts as I specifically pointed out in one of my posts to you that for all we know, Tywin is far better husband than all three and that he would give a run for their money even some decent men.

What part do people not understand about these frekking bait threads. It is all about speculation. the title was:

The opening poster typed:

Lol.  These men get a lot of hate.  I can't say some of it are undeserved.  But surely they have their compassionate sides.  Don't you think?

I'm curious from a woman's perspective.  Were they good to their wives?  Do you think there was love in Walder's marriages?  Roose is a man of legendary cruelty but did this carry over into his private life with Domeric's mom?

Jorah's second marriage basically had him worshipping Lynese?  The marriage had love going one way.  She didn't love him back. Is that the way with Walder and his later wives?  Can you see Walder so starved for the love of his young wife to the extent of him spending great sums of money?  And Tywin.  How do you see Tywin keeping Joanna happy?

15 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

My apologies,

Ya dunna need to apologize for nuttin'.

16 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

In the context of his point about Robert being a better husband than Walder, Roose or Tywin

Who is the better husband? That is the premise. I dunna care is my answer.

This thread is another one of the personal opinion speculation threads.

16 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

I also agree that we don't have enough info to make a full judgement on Walder or Roose as husbands. Roose seems to get on quite well with Fat Walda but, being a psychopath, doesn't seem to care too much if Ramsay ends up killing her and any children she has (so not really my idea of a model husband). 

I've never called Roose or Walder model husbands, not even called them good. I just disagreed with the notion that Robert was better.

I know you have a soft spot for old Walder but based on his appearance in Dunk and Egg, he seems to have always been a rather unpleasant person and he hasn't really improved with age. There is something deeply creepy about a 90 year old husband with a 16 year old wife. I mean I am nearly 60 and Walder is still more that 30 years older than me.

I certainly agree, it is creepy whether it's Walder, Jon Arryn or real life examples like J. Howard Marshall. But looking creepy is not really a crime nor evidence of being a poor husband. 

Again, apologies for any unattended offence.

No offense taken and this was a pretty great response. 

8 hours ago, Dofs said:

I was just stating what I saw, nothing more.

Which was still you taking a conversation a little too personal.

I wrote 'hit' in brackets for a reason.

Maybe let people in on this reason why you gave Robert a pass for beating his wife?

When one put a word in brackets, one of the meanings of such punctuation is that he means something else behind that word. In this case I meant execution which is why I mentioned Ilyn Payne,

You are getting ridiculous now.  A wife is not deserving of execution for being mean with her words. 

And please don't blame others for what you wrote. in 3 different posts you argued that Robert should have had Payne hit his wife.

the royal executioner, and not Mandon Moore or Meryn Tran. And if you followed what I write, which, as I'll show later, you don't, you would see that I retracted my statement because I misremembered what Robert actually hit her for the first time around. I thought it was for something much much worse than that veiled threat towards a child.

What did you think happened? What caused you to think Robert was entitled to execute his wife?

I've said myself there is no evidence over what they did and that I merely speculate. That said, you too speculate because we have no idea how either Walder or Roose treat their wives.

Quote where I have speculated?

I've not made anything up, that is clearly your arena. 

21 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

What part do people not understand about these frekking bait threads. It is all about speculation. the title was:

The opening poster typed:

Lol.  These men get a lot of hate.  I can't say some of it are undeserved.  But surely they have their compassionate sides.  Don't you think?

I'm curious from a woman's perspective.  Were they good to their wives?  Do you think there was love in Walder's marriages?  Roose is a man of legendary cruelty but did this carry over into his private life with Domeric's mom?

Jorah's second marriage basically had him worshipping Lynese?  The marriage had love going one way.  She didn't love him back. Is that the way with Walder and his later wives?  Can you see Walder so starved for the love of his young wife to the extent of him spending great sums of money?  And Tywin.  How do you see Tywin keeping Joanna happy?

Ya dunna need to apologize for nuttin'.

Who is the better husband? That is the premise. I dunna care is my answer.

This thread is another one of the personal opinion speculation threads.

I think it's fairly obvious Tywin is the better husband.  He is the only one that didn't view his wife in political terms (a highborn woman with which to produce heirs). 

I do enjoy Roose's amusement that his fat wife seems to actually love him, it brings out that subtle sarcasm he displays. Roose is a funny guy, and I bet Walda enjoys hanging out with him.

9 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

I think it's fairly obvious Tywin is the better husband.  He is the only one that didn't view his wife in political terms (a highborn woman with which to produce heirs). 

I do enjoy Roose's amusement that his fat wife seems to actually love him, it brings out that subtle sarcasm he displays. Roose is a funny guy, and I bet Walda enjoys hanging out with him.

At least this is a bit comical. :mellow:

29 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

I pray for you morn, noon, and night, my sweet lord, and count the days until you share my bed again. Return to me soon, and I will give you many trueborn sons to take the place of your dear Domeric and rule the Dreadfort after you.- Walda Frey

I'd say Walda is flat out smitten with her leech lord. From everything I can see they are one of the happiest couples in the series. 

Archived