New Theory: Dany has a super stomach!

OtherFromAnotherMother

10 hours ago, Tucu said:

No mention yet of Aeron's super-bladder, capable of dousing a hearth-fire?

Woah! Mind blown. :bowdown:

What could George be telling us with that golden story about Aeron? Super bladder!

I'm not going to google the possibilities of urine flow quenching fires. I'll leave it to someone else. I look forward to the findings. :read:

Just now, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Woah! Mind blown. :bowdown:

What could George be telling us with that golden story about Aeron? Super bladder!

I'm not going to google the possibilities of urine flow quenching fires. I'll leave it to someone else. I look forward to the findings. :read:

And don't forget that Euron is a brand of incontinence pads. A chekhov's gun? B)

4 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Really? Even though the parallel is the Dothraki as a people to the Mongols as a people we are supposed to believe that the horses are the same, even though there is no indication in the text that they are significantly smaller horses? Even though George has also stated the Dothraki also parallel the Sioux and Cheyenne we should still assume their horses are the same as the Mongols only?

Even if this were true (I don't believe it to be), a petite 13 year old would still not be able to consume even 6 pounds of heart in one sitting without regurgitation. 

In the absence of other information? Sure. There’s a reason Mongols rode smaller horses, it wasn’t as though they were just making due. Smaller horses are great for nomadic lifestyles. Therefore, when we are presented with Mongol-expies, I find it entirely reasonable to, when an unknown is presented to us, assume the answer is similar to how the Mongols did things.

Further, the plains tribes comparions are almost certainly weakest when it comes to their mounts, since horses were a comparatively recent addition to their culture, as opposed to the Mongols, whose ancestors had been nomads for millennia.

9 minutes ago, DominusNovus said:

In the absence of other information? Sure.

So the text would have to say "the Dothraki ride normal sized stallions" to believe they ride normal sized stallions? Otherwise we should assume they are small?

Seems backward to me, but okay.

I feel like we would have at least one mention in either the main series or world book of the Dothraki riding smaller-than-normal sized stallions if it were so. 

In any case, it still wouldn't make Dany's miraculous meal any less impossible. Even a smaller than average sized horse heart is still impossible to eat without regurgitation if not for a magic super stomach. 

23 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

I feel like we would have at least one mention in either the main series or world book of the Dothraki riding smaller-than-normal sized stallions if it were so. 

I'd go further--if anything we should assume they have larger than normal horses: they have a prophecy of a Stallion that Mounts the World--would need a pretty large horse to do that. 

And since there's no way they could be imagining a larger horse, or a metaphorical horse, but must instead be basing this prophecy entirely on real horse qualities, seems like we should assume that the horse heart was huge.

Super stomach confirmed.:commie:

And now, the forum needs a stomach emoji.

5 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

So the text would have to say "the Dothraki ride normal sized stallions" to believe they ride normal sized stallions? Otherwise we should assume they are small?

Seems backward to me, but okay.

In any case, it still wouldn't make Dany's miraculous meal any less impossible. Even a smaller than average sized horse heart is still impossible to eat without regurgitation if not for a magic super stomach. 

No, the text would have to indicate that the nomadic Dothraki rode horses dissimilar to the horse nomads typically rode. We’re not going to assume they’re riding drafthorses or destriers or miniature ponies, are we?

22 minutes ago, DominusNovus said:

No, the text would have to indicate that the nomadic Dothraki rode horses dissimilar to the horse nomads typically rode. We’re not going to assume they’re riding drafthorses or destriers or miniature ponies, are we?

Not all nomads rode diminutive horses. Bedouins were nomadic and bred the Arabians, and that's the vibe I always got about the Dothraki horses, especially the way they talk about Dany's silver mare.

1 hour ago, Three-Fingered Pete said:

Not all nomads rode diminutive horses. Bedouins were nomadic and bred the Arabians, and that's the vibe I always got about the Dothraki horses, especially the way they talk about Dany's silver mare.

A valid point, though I would counter that we’ve been told the Dothraki are based on the Mongols, not the Arabs. And the Arabian horses were bred for desert conditions, not steppe.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Maybe Dany is a carnivorous ruminant, what with ruminants having four stomachs and all... And that’s why she can stomach (couldn’t resist) eating the horse’s heart?  :ph34r:

Yes--this is truth. 

But not four stomachs--three: "Child of three."

The Undying call her this while snacking on her--it's symbolic of her own digestion.

And given her propensity for burning things, "Carnivorous Ruminant" seems like an excellent name to add to her list of titles.

7 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

A valid point, though I would counter that we’ve been told the Dothraki are based on the Mongols, not the Arabs. And the Arabian horses were bred for desert conditions, not steppe.

The Dothraki Sea is neither desert nor steppe, so :dunno:. If you are looking for direct parallels to the real world in a fantasy novel I think that you will be disappointed every time, especially with GRRM. I've said this before, but, just because you see some trappings of a culture or time period in a fantasy story doesn't mean all those trappings are present, or even exist, in the story.

4 hours ago, Three-Fingered Pete said:

If you are looking for direct parallels to the real world in a fantasy novel I think that you will be disappointed every time, especially with GRRM.

Wait! What!? :o

Then where do you stand with super stomach? You can't possibly think George didn't realize Dany's horse heart chomping is impossible. He definitely knew and was trying to tell us about the super stomach! B)

@DominusNovus

I understand the logic of what you are saying, and it does make sense. I just think if George wanted us to know the Dothraki rode smaller horses (relative to other known horses) he would have mentioned it somewhere. It's all good either way, it doesn't effect this "theory" in any case. :cheers:

7 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Is there a chance that the Doth are a tiny people riding little ponies and George has neglected to include this detail out of respectfulness, his modern sensibilities not wanting to single out the Dothraki as practitioners of midgetry?

2 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Is there a chance that the Doth are a tiny people riding little ponies and George has neglected to include this detail out of respectfulness, his modern sensibilities not wanting to single out the Dothraki as practitioners of midgetry?

Maybe the Dothraki are from the Valley of Gwangi:

4 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Wait! What!? :o

Then where do you stand with super stomach? You can't possibly think George didn't realize Dany's horse heart chomping is impossible. He definitely knew and was trying to tell us about the super stomach! B)

In reality, I think George went all method on this one and sat down and actually ate a horse heart, just to prove that it could be done. Because, as we all know (or at least suspect), deep down inside George is really a petite thirteen year old girl. So you're safe.

7 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Hmmm. . .. if so, does this make Dany into Thumbelina, given the size disparity between her and Drogo?

And is the above confirmation that the story does take place inside the eye of a blue eyed giant?

1 hour ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Well they immediately made her their queen, which implies she   likely stands a foot and a half taller than Drogo and was the obvious choice because of how she loomed.

I see. And the fact that Dany thinks they are bigger than she is points to her lack of self-esteem after Viserys' abuse? Workable.

Might even let Viserys off the hook for his disdain for the tiny horselords. Though it does mean he was practically killed by Lilliputians. 

Are you thinking Dany will regain her self-esteem and see herself at her true size? #empowerment.

Either way, this may strike a blow at the "super stomach" theory, @OtherFromAnotherMother.

Or is the idea that she'd need a super stomach regardless?

Archived