What will the last scene of game of thrones season 8 contain?

GameofStones_

Probably something ominous about the Others to lead into the new prequel. I don't think they'll be defeated permanently because the prequel would be diminished by that.

And right before that, this. 

These are the only two characters in the right headspace to rule right now. They care about doing the right thing and they both put aside what they really want if it gets in the way of that. Can't say that about the other lead contenders. 

Honorable mention to Sam and Davos. 

Not holding my breath on this, but if we get the more obvious/inferior choices, then I'll write off that ending as D&D fanservice and make up my own ending. 

20 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

That you think I'm joking tells me a lot. ;)

I'm sure it does.

Go ahead and argue how Cersei's bitch who continued following her even after he caused the death of their children, and someone who has 0 experience ruling anything are the best options for ruling :lmao:

Just now, Xemi said:

I'm sure it does.

Go ahead and argue how Cersei's bitch who continued following her even after he caused the death of their children, and someone who has 0 experience ruling anything are the best options for ruling :lmao:

You cut out my reasoning for my statement and now you're trying to change it to something I didn't bring up. I also specified "right now". 

Here you go again. 

29 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

These are the only two characters in the right headspace to rule right now. They care about doing the right thing and they both put aside what they really want if it gets in the way of that. Can't say that about the other lead contenders. 

I don't value the experience of the lead contenders because, well, look at the results. 

13 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

You cut out my reasoning for my statement and now you're trying to change it to something I didn't bring up. I also specified "right now". 

Here you go again. 

I don't value the experience of the lead contenders because, well, look at the results. 

Into what am I trying to change it exactly? Jaime is only doing the right thing because of Jon and Briennes speeches lmao, keep reaching at straws buddy.

What results do I have to look at exactly? Last time I checked Jon got the armies, dragons and dragonglass needed to save Westeros, pretty good results indeed. What have Brienne and Jaime achieved results wise?

8 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Into what am I trying to change it exactly? Jaime is only doing the right thing because of Jon and Briennes speeches lmao, keep reaching at straws buddy.

What results do I have to look at exactly? Last time I checked Jon got the armies, dragons and dragonglass needed to save Westeros, pretty good results indeed. What have Brienne and Jaime achieved results wise?

Bolded 1: I'm not going to waste my time correcting your misunderstanding the entire point of Jaime's arc as a character. 

Bolded 2:

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Jamie will be dead by the last scene.

Last scene will be either Sam, Sansa, or Jon/Dany whomever is left alive.

Things do seem to point that way but I'll wait and see. :dunno:

On 4/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, Lollygag said:

You are talking about the guy who pushed a little kid out of the window.  I must repeat: He pushed a little kid. Out of the window. In the hopes that he dies. There is no redemption for this. There is nothing in the world that he can do, that can make that up again. You are literally pushing for a child murderer. :P (just kidding). Robert did basically the same, but he got what he deserved. 

2 hours ago, T and A said:

You are talking about the guy who pushed a little kid out of the window.  I must repeat: He pushed a little kid. Out of the window. In the hopes that he dies. There is no redemption for this. There is nothing in the world that he can do, that can make that up again. You are literally pushing for a child murderer. :P (just kidding). Robert did basically the same, but he got what he deserved. 

AGOT Jaime (or AGOT any character) =/= end Jaime (or any character). Really think back on all of the characters before you single out Jaime on this particular issue. It's a harsh world and no one's as clean as you seem to think. Joff, Myrcella and Tommen faced certain death should Bran have talked. Not so simple as you paint it and it's clearly not the intended takeaway of the author. 

ASOS Jaime V

The water had grown cool. When Jaime opened his eyes, he found himself staring at the stump of his sword hand. The hand that made me Kingslayer. The goat had robbed him of his glory and his shame, both at once. Leaving what? Who am I now?

8 hours ago, Lollygag said:

AGOT Jaime (or AGOT any character) =/= end Jaime (or any character). Really think back on all of the characters before you single out Jaime on this particular issue. It's a harsh world and no one's as clean as you seem to think. Joff, Myrcella and Tommen faced certain death should Bran have talked. Not so simple as you paint it and it's clearly not the intended takeaway of the author. 

ASOS Jaime V

The water had grown cool. When Jaime opened his eyes, he found himself staring at the stump of his sword hand. The hand that made me Kingslayer. The goat had robbed him of his glory and his shame, both at once. Leaving what? Who am I now?

He is not irredeemable because he killed Aerys II. That was the most heroic thing that he has done in his entire life.

But you can not pick the " it's a harsh world" arguement, when you discuss about pushing little children out of the window. He was fucking his own sister, was caught in the act and pushed him in the hopes that he dies. Now, the harsh world makes leaders sometime cruel, it makes moral standards different to ours, the treatment of humans differ to ours. But even in the ASOIAF world, child murder is viewed as an evil and not acceptance act. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, Lollygag said:

Honorable mention to Sam and Davos.

They are more servants, and not very imaginative ones, than rulers. They are more like maester Aemon. Sam and Davos are at least as selfless and competent servants.

Jon was not perfect (D&D made him painfully stupid and empty headed). But nobody did better among those who cared to take responsibilities.

6 hours ago, T and A said:

He is not irredeemable because he killed Aerys II. That was the most heroic thing that he has done in his entire life.

But you can not pick the " it's a harsh world" arguement, when you discuss about pushing little children out of the window. He was fucking his own sister, was caught in the act and pushed him in the hopes that he dies. Now, the harsh world makes leaders sometime cruel, it makes moral standards different to ours, the treatment of humans differ to ours. But even in the ASOIAF world, child murder is viewed as an evil and not acceptance act. 

Did you notice that he also lost the hand that pushed Bran out the window? The things he did for love...pushing Bran out the window - the reader was supposed to pick up on that also applying to Bran even if Jaime was only thinking about Aerys at the time. 

Bolded: Yes. But, it's not the same as in real life at all. The Hound killed Mycah. No outrage except from Arya. Book Jon brushed off Craster sacrificing his sons as soon as Mormont explained it. Show Jon threw a fit, but let it go. It was Sam who actually did something. Jon hanged Ollie who was a kid. Arya killed kids. Everyone knows about Varys' little birds, but I've not seen any outrage. Look at what was done to Jeyne Poole. Theon killed those kids in place of Bran and Rickon. Robert was fine killing Viserys and Dany, as were lots others. It was only Ned pitching a fit on this which stopped it and this had a lot to do with his feelings about protecting Jon. Rhaenys and Aegon - no major outcries. Joff was only a kid and his painful murder was cheered by fans. Sansa didn't even feel he deserved that. Ned tried to get Cersei to run with her kids because he knew what would be done to them despite them being innocent. Dany sacrificed her own son. Sansa poisons SR. 

If this is a disqualifier, at least be consistent and apply judgement to all of the characters, not make it look personal against Jaime. 

If you can't let it go, I don't blame you at all. But your memory on the ASOAIF culture and the histories of the other characters who have committed crimes against children just isn't accurate, or you're applying a double standard. This standard disqualifies Jon, Dany, Sansa and Arya, too. 

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

They are more servants, and not very imaginative ones, than rulers. They are more like maester Aemon. Sam and Davos are at least as selfless and competent servants.

Jon was not perfect (D&D made him painfully stupid and empty headed). But nobody did better among those who cared to take responsibilities.

I hesitate to discuss the show characters with too much detail as that's clearly not the priority of the writers.

But broadly, they do have a clear trajectory here. Jaime is (finally) changing for the positive, and yes, standing up and taking a hard position by leaving Cersei/IT. Brienne has her head on straight. On the flip side, they have Jon and Dany devolving in the opposite direction and putting their feelings over responsibilities and knowingly putting the North into political conflict at the worst time because :wub:. Dany was right to put bending the knee aside. Jon was wrong to offer. Dany was wrong to not resist the temptation to accept. I don't respect their priorities here. Maybe it's a learning experience (or more likely filler drama) and they'll come around, and I'll change my mind. Dunno. As for Sansa and Arya, I'm not impressed by their show characters either at this point. 

More to the book characters which the show writers may or may not pull from: 

I don't think it should be forgotten that Jaime was raised to be heir of CR by Tywin of all people and Brienne is also her father's heir. They're not swimming blind here. Jaime (rightfully) killed his master and Ned found him on the IT. He stood up to Tywin on CR. He bailed on the IT at the end of AFFC. Brienne has one hell of a rebellious streak to live how she lives in that society. Cat saw something in her and so did GRRM as this completely out-of-nowhere character became a POV. As for servants vs rulers type roles and mind-sets, that changes dramatically for several characters over the course of their arcs.

AGOT Tyion VIII

His brother Jaime had always been able to make men follow him eagerly, and die for him if need be. Tyrion lacked that gift. He bought loyalty with gold, and compelled obedience with his name.

3 hours ago, Lollygag said:

I hesitate to discuss the show characters with too much detail as that's clearly not the priority of the writers.

But broadly, they do have a clear trajectory here. Jaime is (finally) changing for the positive, and yes, standing up and taking a hard position by leaving Cersei/IT. Brienne has her head on straight. On the flip side, they have Jon and Dany devolving in the opposite direction and putting their feelings over responsibilities and knowingly putting the North into political conflict at the worst time because :wub:. Dany was right to put bending the knee aside. Jon was wrong to offer. Dany was wrong to not resist the temptation to accept. I don't respect their priorities here. Maybe it's a learning experience (or more likely filler drama) and they'll come around, and I'll change my mind. Dunno. As for Sansa and Arya, I'm not impressed by their show characters either at this point. 

More to the book characters which the show writers may or may not pull from: 

I don't think it should be forgotten that Jaime was raised to be heir of CR by Tywin of all people and Brienne is also her father's heir. They're not swimming blind here. Jaime (rightfully) killed his master and Ned found him on the IT. He stood up to Tywin on CR. He bailed on the IT at the end of AFFC. Brienne has one hell of a rebellious streak to live how she lives in that society. Cat saw something in her and so did GRRM as this completely out-of-nowhere character became a POV. As for servants vs rulers type roles and mind-sets, that changes dramatically for several characters over the course of their arcs.

AGOT Tyion VIII

His brother Jaime had always been able to make men follow him eagerly, and die for him if need be. Tyrion lacked that gift. He bought loyalty with gold, and compelled obedience with his name.

Oddly reminiscent of Rhaegar and Lyanna, isn't it? 

Jamie is one of my favorite characters, but  no way does he end up on the throne. Too much working against him, for starters, his name. Not to mention the things he was complicate in with Cersei. Very poor judgment when in love as well. I think the best you can hope for Jamie is a hero's death, and recognition for what he did to Aery's.  

Archived