Is this really the end of the Night King?

19 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

Or . . .

The 3EC, which is now using Bran's body, is the true threat to humanity (and white walker-anity), which is why the walkers were first trying to kill him north of the wall and then blasted through the wall after he went south to Winterfell. By rescuing Bran/3EC, Arya in fact has brought on the Long Night and now must kill him in order to save the world, thus sacrificing someone she loves in the legendary Azor Ahai fashion.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking that D&D could somehow polish this turd of a story at this point.

I would love if it turned out that the NK and WW were "good guys" and the COTF and 3ER were the true baddies. Would explain why Bran literally provided NOTHING to the side of life other than being bait...he's patiently waiting to attack with an army of warged creatures. The WW and NK were the best chance of stopping him and he manipulated everyone into destroying them for him. LOL

The only reason why I think there might still be more to this is the weird mandala pattern that has kept showing up. I doubt they forgot about that when we saw it in episode 1 of this season. Beric said the NK was sending them a message when he did that at Last Hearth, but we still don't know what that was. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Arya's Sideboob said:

I would love if it turned out that the NK and WW were "good guys" and the COTF and 3ER were the true baddies. Would explain why Bran literally provided NOTHING to the side of life other than being bait...he's patiently waiting to attack with an army of warged creatures. The WW and NK were the best chance of stopping him and he manipulated everyone into destroying them for him. LOL

This is all just wishfull thinking. There is no deeper meaning to the White Walkers or the NK in the show. They obviously were just some bland, Terminator killing machines. I hope GRRM explores them more in the books. If they end up being the same plotdevices in the books, fuck this story. 

Maybe we can use some sort of superglue to fix him .

Edit:

Though Hbo might try to lure viewers in watching prequel series about the "Long Night" with exploration of mysteries of Others, but I doubt it will be any good since it is based just on few lines of text.

9 minutes ago, T and A said:

This is all just wishfull thinking. There is no deeper meaning to the White Walkers or the NK in the show. They obviously were just some bland, Terminator killing machines. I hope GRRM explores them more in the books. If they end up being the same plotdevices in the books, fuck this story. 

I think this as well. At best we'll get a couple of minutes talking about the battle that might fill a couple of details in and then itll be all moving straight on to Cersei. We'll not see that Walker sigil again, that's there story arc done though it would be nice to be wrong on that.

12 minutes ago, T and A said:

But they got a lot more attention and detail than they have in the books! The show gave us (invented?) this Night King to personify the threat of the Others. After five books, they are still pretty much a background issue to GRRM's main focus on the Game of Thrones. I mean, he could have given us another North of the Wall POV along the way to check with the AOTD if he wanted, but decided we needed more time in the Iron Islands and Dorne instead. 

Sadly yes, Winter has been coming for 8 seasons and it ended all in one episode. Don't get me wrong, though fraught with stupidity and plot holes, I enjoyed very much the Battle of Winterfell cinematically. But me and my SIL who watched the show together were shocked that the dude is already dead, and that he was easily defeated. I assumed for a long time that he would be the big end of show boss, but it turned out to be Cersei. I am disappointed but it's not like the NK didn't do some major damage to the armies of Westeros, still a good villain.

What's truly criminal, and certainly something that won't be overlooked in the next two books that Martin will never complete, is that his identity and true purpose was never clarified. All we get is Bran's vague : "he wants an endless night", yeah but why?

1 hour ago, GOTFanatic said:

Sadly yes, Winter has been coming for 8 seasons and it ended all in one episode. Don't get me wrong, though fraught with stupidity and plot holes, I enjoyed very much the Battle of Winterfell cinematically. But me and my SIL who watched the show together were shocked that the dude is already dead, and that he was easily defeated. I assumed for a long time that he would be the big end of show boss, but it turned out to be Cersei. I am disappointed but it's not like the NK didn't do some major damage to the armies of Westeros, still a good villain.

What's truly criminal, and certainly something that won't be overlooked in the next two books that Martin will never complete, is that his identity and true purpose was never clarified. All we get is Bran's vague : "he wants an endless night", yeah but why?

Agreed, extremely unimpressed.

Archived