U.S. Politics: You Didn't Think It Would Be So Easy, Did You?

Jace, Extat

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It’s almost like he’s asking to be on the business end of a poison laced Jace rant…

I'm Demetri's reckoning... Here to end the borrowed time you've all been posting on.

54 minutes ago, Demetri said:

I suppose some laugh so they don't cry (or think) and some take a laxative they think is a red pill and then call subsequent excrement the flow of truth. SMH

Mad world we live in, folks.

I'm getting ads for "the red pill" now. I blame you for this.

1 minute ago, Demetri said:

I was trying to get rid of the "little blue pill" ads that had previously vexed you. Path to hell and all that...

And now I'm getting ads for Demetri Martin, so progress.

15 minutes ago, Demetri said:

I don't have any interest setting any rules besides common courtesy, general respect and an emphasis on reason over emotion or personal attacks. And frankly, I don't really consider the latter a rule so much as proper form. But I do love any discussion that occurs within the field of courteous and respectful, intellectual discussion. Am I still shit out of luck?

I realize I've stepped into a group of people that seem to know each other well, so bear with me while I try to puzzle out the relationships, inside jokes etc.

See: title of this particular US Political thread and who made it.  :read: 

However, it is Happy Hour, at least here it is.  so :cheers:

8 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ditto.

And @Mlle. Zabzie, I was just playing with my new toy.

Yeah, but you did it irresponsibly, and so now I'm here.  So, do you want to talk about the new foreign branch rules?  Partnership withholding?  Cross border transfer pricing?  How BEPS intersects with our anti-hybrid regime?  something else?  I'm here for you.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

See: title of this particular US Political thread and who made it.  :read: 

and -- it is Happy Hour, at least here it is.  :cheers:

No pills for moi! Except the state dispensary's anyway.

I did read the initial post and it kind of suggested that the title of the thread was disingenuous as the initial post by the initial poster was discussing one, partisan approach to politics within the U.S., not U.S. politics at large. So given that the thread was a virtual misnomer, I figured the identity and content of the initial post (like any other iteration of a popular post subject) was relatively useless to the actual discussion.

And cheers to you as well. The world has never had too many cheers. And don't get the PILLS at the dispensary. The good ol' fashion will always be the best form of medicine IMO.

Has anyone seen Warren's mentions bump and her polling increase by virtue of not completely collapsing like the other mid-level contenders? She's down to five in the latest, but her national mentions have gone up by like 60 percent the last week.

If she can stay in the top-5, and Dhrumil Mehta of 538 seems to think she's getting so many mentions because of cross-coverage with other candidates (you have to mention Warren whenever you mention the other top contenders), in polling and national media coverage I could sorta see her having a dark horse path to losing in the general.

Get her on the stage debate once the crowd is thinned down a little bit and the folksiness of Biden has run its course, I think democrats could grow to fall in love with not just her policies, but her heart...

1 hour ago, Demetri said:

That is literally exactly what I'm asking for as it would mean that hopefully something of value gets discussed. I love discussion and never shy away from it when it is handled properly.

If it walks like a bot and quacks like a bot....

22 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Someone mentioned tax policy in a half-assed way three times?  Like Beetlejuice, here I am.  So, whatcha want to talk about, huh?

It's about to get nerdy in here. Like super nerdy...

:cool4:

21 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

I'm getting ads for "the red pill" now. I blame you for this.

I still get Zappos ads because of MZ.....

23 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm Demetri's reckoning... Here to end the borrowed time you've all been posting on.

Don't go full Shosanna now.....

20 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Yeah, but you did it irresponsibly, and so now I'm here.  So, do you want to talk about the new foreign branch rules?  Partnership withholding?  Cross border transfer pricing?  How BEPS intersects with our anti-hybrid regime?  something else?  I'm here for you.

I'm sorry, Mlle. I can just be so damn careless sometimes. I don't have anything specific in mind. But if I were to win Survivor, how much of that money would go to taxes? I imagine there's a federal obligation but also a state? Would it be illegal to move to a new state with a lesser tax on Survivor winnings a week before the live reading of the votes if I was friends with all the jury members and they totally told me they voted for me to win beforehand?

It's a million dollar prize. And I don't wanna go to jail for 5 years like Richard Hatch.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don't go full Shosanna now.....

Perhaps she's wondering why you would shoot a man... before throwing him out of a plaaane.

30 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Perhaps she's wondering why you would shoot a man... before throwing him out of a plaaane.

I think that reference went over your head, which we've established is not particularly high.

:P

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think that reference went over your head, which we've established is not particularly high.

:P

Ah, ah, ah!

Au revoir, Shosanna!

But you are aware of what they call me?

Archived