Game of Thrones composer Ramin Djawadi confirms Jon’s ending , Brienne and Jamie scene and much more.

Kaapstad

https://www.insider.com/game-of-thrones-ramin-djawadi-season-8-finale-interview-2019-6

On Jon’s ending

Djawadi [continued]: Originally [he was] with the Night's Watch, and you're not allowed to have a wife and children and all that, but this is him going out there with the wildlings, and you can interpret it like he's starting a new life. He's a changed man, and he's leaving the past behind, and so it's definitely supposed to be something positive. There are many possibilities now — that's how we can look at it.

On Brienne and Jamie

Djawadi: What's interesting is their theme together came out of what I call the "Honor Theme" [...] over the seasons, when they met and the way they treated each other, it was always an honorable theme. So that became their music. And the other big scene which I loved so much there, when she gets knighted, it was used there, and then, yeah, then we basically every time, I'm pretty certain with the development of their relationship, their theme was playing.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:21 PM, Kaapstad said:

Djawadi [continued]: Originally [he was] with the Night's Watch, and you're not allowed to have a wife and children and all that, but this is him going out there with the wildlings, and you can interpret it like he's starting a new life. He's a changed man, and he's leaving the past behind, and so it's definitely supposed to be something positive. There are many possibilities now — that's how we can look at it.

I am glad to read this. This is the way I always interpreted the ending.

Jon finally leaves it behind and decides for a life of his own. With Tormund, Ghost and his wildling friends.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:21 AM, Kaapstad said:

On Jon’s ending

On Brienne and Jamie

Djawadi: What's interesting is their theme together came out of what I call the "Honor Theme" [...] over the seasons, when they met and the way they treated each other, it was always an honorable theme. So that became their music. And the other big scene which I loved so much there, when she gets knighted, it was used there, and then, yeah, then we basically every time, I'm pretty certain with the development of their relationship, their theme was playing.

I just love stories where you have to listen to an interview from the music guy to know how the story ended. 

He’s a great composer, Light of the Seven was his best work though, closely followed by his interpretation of Exit Music for a film, although that was from Westworld, I always look forward to hearing his scores :D.

Archived