Police: V doesn't necessarily stand for Victory

JGP

7 hours ago, Week said:

Some things never change. How are these headlines still written?

Maybe there is more info out there. But it looked like dicks at mass gathering of cretins got justifiably 'pushed' by a police car protecting themselves? 

• 2 weeks later...

Police still policing

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxb94/is-this-beverly-hills-cop-playing-sublimes-santeria-to-avoid-being-livestreamed\

Streaming licensed music while an activist livestreams asking questions in order to trigger copyright violations on their account. Petty tyrants. The lack of accountability in the police is corrosive and dangerous. 

On 2/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, Week said:

Police still policing

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxb94/is-this-beverly-hills-cop-playing-sublimes-santeria-to-avoid-being-livestreamed\

Streaming licensed music while an activist livestreams asking questions in order to trigger copyright violations on their account. Petty tyrants. The lack of accountability in the police is corrosive and dangerous. 

I cant get worked up by this one. It's pretty funny.  Anyone that live streams anything ever can fuck off. Self indulgent nonsense 99% of the time. 

26 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I cant get worked up by this one. It's pretty funny.  Anyone that live streams anything ever can fuck off. Self indulgent nonsense 99% of the time. 

Yeah, just a tax payer funded public safety officer acting like an asshole. It doesn't inspire confidence in the quality of character or trustworthiness of police. Your laughing over it furthers the point. Or do you agree that an armed government employee shouldn't act like an asshole to a constituent during the course of their job?

Excusing the visible bad behavior enables a lot more that is less visible. People wouldn't feel the need to livestream interactions with police if their was common trust. That trust has been violated by police again and again and again and it's ... pretty funny? Cool bro.

51 minutes ago, Week said:

Yeah, just a tax payer funded public safety officer acting like an asshole. It doesn't inspire confidence in the quality of character or trustworthiness of police. Your laughing over it furthers the point. Or do you agree that an armed government employee shouldn't act like an asshole to a constituent during the course of their job?

Excusing the visible bad behavior enables a lot more that is less visible. People wouldn't feel the need to livestream interactions with police if their was common trust. That trust has been violated by police again and again and again and it's ... pretty funny? Cool bro.

It's both very wrong and a little funny. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's both very wrong and a little funny. 

It would be funnier if he was fired and unable to get another job as a cop anywhere in America after abusing his authority. Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive system to prevent bad cops from getting rehired and abusing/terrorizing people in a new jurisdiction.

3 minutes ago, Week said:

It would be funnier if he was fired and unable to get another job as a cop anywhere in America after abusing his authority. Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive system to prevent bad cops from getting rehired and abusing/terrorizing people in a new jurisdiction.

He probably should be fired, and I've long argued that we need to drastically increase the hiring standards of Law Enforcement Officers nationwide. I can also laugh at this once instance given the song, which I love, and the departure from his duty it represents. The irony is great. 

1 hour ago, Week said:

I agree they shouldn't do it. Doesnt make it not funny though.

And if it was done while an incident was ongoing to prevent him filming that would be different. But what sort of utter ball bag live streams a front office enquiry. Fuck live streamers. Police officers have the right not to be antagonised and put all over the internet while doing mundane paperwork, that the subject was generating. It's not like it was an unjustified traffic stop where he turned the camera on to protect himself. 

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

I agree they shouldn't do it. Doesnt make it not funny though.

And if it was done while an incident was ongoing to prevent him filming that would be different. But what sort of utter ball bag live streams a front office enquiry. Fuck live streamers. Police officers have the right not to be antagonised and put all over the internet while doing mundane paperwork, that the subject was generating. It's not like it was an unjustified traffic stop where he turned the camera on to protect himself. 

They don't have that Right. This is another instance where perceived "inappropriate" behavior is a reaction to unchecked and unaccountable bad behavior by police across the country. If the reaction was accountability and reform instead of humping a mockery of the US flag then I'd agree that police (particularly in the US) are deserving of any respect.

You seem like a generally good bloke -- you would be out of place in a police station in the US from what I've seen and experienced. 

1 minute ago, Week said:

They don't have that Right. This is another instance where perceived "inappropriate" behavior is a reaction to unchecked and unaccountable bad behavior by police across the country. If the reaction was accountability and reform instead of humping a mockery of the US flag then I'd agree that police (particularly in the US) are deserving of any respect.

You seem like a generally good bloke -- you would be out of place in a police station in the US from what I've seen and experienced. 

Well that is me damned with faint praise.

Archived