Why Do People Hate Daeron?

Lord of Raventree Hall

3 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Daeron is not the only one doing that.  Jon is, although for a different reason.  

Abandoning the wall to save a family member is not excusable.  I agree.  I wonder if Arya will be able to carry out the death sentence if ever she comes across her beloved brother, Jon.  

That’s adorable you didn’t actually talk about Daeron you moved the Goal post. 

jon breaking his vow has no relation to dearon breaking his, more to the point of you think dearon is fine cause of contextual reasons so is Jon if you’re being fair and you’re not. 

if Dearon is free to break the law for apparent imprisonment why isn’t Jon allowed to break the law why isn’t Jon allowed when he’s threatened and told to hand over people he doesn’t have? 

all of this is beside the fact that I wasn’t speaking to the rightness of the acts but to the fact that people are willing to view the situations different do to motive and are thus more empathetic to Jon who wants to save a young girl from the raper and torture extraordinaire Ramsey Bolton Versus the guy who was just really horny and hey those Ice demons are someone else’s problem right?

Eh, I’d want to punch him straight in the mouth and knock some of his teeth out if I met him in real life, just don’t like his personality much lol. And he’s a dick for what he did to the baby and Aemon, Sam and Gilly can fend for themselves, but not when they are constantly caring for two people that can’t. Fucks sake it’s not like he even actually needed to do that much really, just buy them some fucking food and wood until Aemon dies and then Sam and Gilly can look after the three of them themselves, then tell them to stick their vows. Daeron isn’t the worst character, but he’s still a ballsack, I couldn’t care less why he got sent to the wall, his actions in Bravoos still make him a bit of a twat. And yeah, Sam is fucking useless and could probably have done a lot more to help the situation, like getting a job, but like I say, it really wouldn’t have killed Dearon to help feed that baby, would have taken an hour out of his day.

He didn’t deserve to die, he just deserved to stew in misery for the rest of his life for being a worthless little cunt

Why Do People Hate Daeron?  I don't really think they do.  But some among us do try to paint him as a somebody who deserved death in order to make an apology for Arya Stark.  It's not about Daeron when his name comes up.  It's about Arya's fans trying to minimize the fact that Arya murdered him. 

11 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Remember Sepron Meribald's account of the broken men? The Elder Brother's reasoning? Sandor at least has that in his defense. Dareon is a bastard. No such sob story. 

Not really. Sandor besides of his despicable behavior and murder in favor of Lannister regime, was actually part of Kingsguard willingly - order that serves for life, by betraying it (going by Westerosi logic), he deserved fate same or worse than Dareon who was forced to join on probably false accusations.

5 hours ago, James West said:

Why Do People Hate Daeron?  I don't really think they do.  But some among us do try to paint him as a somebody who deserved death in order to make an apology for Arya Stark.  It's not about Daeron when his name comes up.  It's about Arya's fans trying to minimize the fact that Arya murdered him. 

Let me correct that for you. It's Stark haters who want to portray  Arya as the next Hannibal Lecter and they will go to any extent to paint the Starks as evil if the chance presents itself. 

First it was Poor Bowen, and how he was so valiant etc. Couple of threads for that ft. scre-up Jon. Next it was how Daeron was such a dutiful man and he had to desert without any choice. Same. Next it will be Ramsay, Roose and Walder, the Holy Trinity. So kind and loyal and honorable that even Ned would shit his pants.

If ya haters still want to rant about Arya a.k.a Ted Bundy, there's already my toxic dump. link in my earlier post of this thread. If ya wanna rant about the rest of the evil Starks, sure, there a million more threads. Surely you'd know, after all, you fellas created most of them.

1 hour ago, Eltharion21 said:
12 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Remember Sepron Meribald's account of the broken men? The Elder Brother's reasoning? Sandor at least has that in his defense. Dareon is a bastard. No such sob story. 

Not really. Sandor besides of his despicable behavior and murder in favor of Lannister regime, was actually part of Kingsguard willingly - order that serves for life, by betraying it (going by Westerosi logic), he deserved fate same or worse than Dareon who was forced to join on probably false accusations

Septon's and EB's

"That's as good as inviting them to slit our throats as we sleep," Hyle Hunt replied. "Lord Randyll has better ways to deal with broken men—steel and hempen rope."

"Ser? My lady?" said Podrick. "Is a broken man an outlaw?"

"More or less," Brienne answered.

Septon Meribald disagreed. "More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They've heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.

"Then they get a taste of battle.

"And the man breaks.

"He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them . . . but he should pity them as well."

"I buried him myself. I can tell you where his grave lies, if you wish. I covered him with stones to keep the carrion eaters from digging up his flesh, and set his helm atop the cairn to mark his final resting place. That was a grievous error. Some other wayfarer found my marker and claimed it for himself. The man who raped and killed at Saltpans was not Sandor Clegane, though he may be as dangerous. The riverlands are full of such scavengers. I will not call them wolves. Wolves are nobler than that . . . and so are dogs, I think.

"I know a little of this man, Sandor Clegane. He was Prince Joffrey's sworn shield for many a year, and even here we would hear tell of his deeds, both good and ill. If even half of what we heard was true, this was a bitter, tormented soul, a sinner who mocked both gods and men. He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine. He did not love, nor was he loved himself. It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness. Where other men dream of love, or wealth, or glory, this man Sandor Clegane dreamed of slaying his own brother, a sin so terrible it makes me shudder just to speak of it. Yet that was the bread that nourished him, the fuel that kept his fires burning. Ignoble as it was, the hope of seeing his brother's blood upon his blade was all this sad and angry creature lived for . . . and even that was taken from him, when Prince Oberyn of Dorne stabbed Ser Gregor with a poisoned spear."

"I did. You would have pitied him as well, if you had seen him at the end. I came upon him by the Trident, drawn by his cries of pain. He begged me for the gift of mercy, but I am sworn not to kill again. Instead, I bathed his fevered brow with river water, and gave him wine to drink and a poultice for his wound, but my efforts were too little and too late. The Hound died there, in my arms. You may have seen a big black stallion in our stables. That was his warhorse, Stranger. A blasphemous name. We prefer to call him Driftwood, as he was found beside the river. I fear he has his former master's nature."

As to Daeron, we don't know if his crimes were true or not. But once sworn to the Watch, it was his duty to serve till death. And he wan't asked to fight the Others singlehandedly. Just accompany an old man and a craven fatso (both maesters, one oldest, other in making) and a frightened wildling girl and her son (who isn't her son in truth). Winter is coming and Daeron must be thankful that he is being sent to the southernmost part of the Realm. Oldtown. But that bastard wastes money meant that wasn't his on whores and wine at the risk of the others' lives. He could've saved Aemon. Fucked whores in Oldtown. Arya did her duty as a lady of the north who knows the importance of the watch unlike aholes like Randyll tarly

Archived