Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

16 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I dunno if anything beats Skippy if you are going to use bullets. I use it in my current melee run to level handguns the get the perk points for other stuff as I have 20 reflexes and it is surprisingly deadly.

Melee is still lots of fun and only skulled enemies do not melt as soon as I get in range. I think they have massive damage reduction. 

On a side note I just sold hundreds of granades and now the weight system does not seem as bad as I thought. They have weight unlike consumables...

I'm not sure but I even the lowest level of short circuit does massive damage to mechs and robots. Although mantis blades with the electric damage mod are more fun. 

I got frustrated with Skippy's gun because I chose the wrong option at first and he permanently neutered my killing spirit. I'm sad now.

53 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I got frustrated with Skippy's gun because I chose the wrong option at first and he permanently neutered my killing spirit. I'm sad now.

What, you don't finish off defeated opponents with a sword or fist as they lie there helpless on the ground?

... not that I've ever done that, of course. .  . .

9 minutes ago, Ran said:

What, you don't finish off defeated opponents with a sword or fist as they lie there helpless on the ground?

... not that I've ever done that, of course. .  . .

... I haven't tried that. I was loving the headshots too much. Let me give it a go, I have a 1400 DPS machete that seems perfect for this.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

... I haven't tried that. I was loving the headshots too much. Let me give it a go, I have a 1400 DPS machete that seems perfect for this.

The funny thing is you can get double XP -- XP for the pistol non-lethal knockout, followed by XP for the blade beheading. And if you knocked them out while in stealth, killing them afterward can add another stack of Cold Blood, if you've the relevant perks.

Some day I will try a no-killing run... but today is not that day.

I'm still a bit bemused I didn't max out Stealth given the sheer number of people I knocked out from behind (for Stealth XP) and then hid in a container (for more Stealth XP) or knocked out via Hacking without being detected (for Stealth+Hacking XP). Must have easily been in the hundreds.

Anyway, my eventual (and lengthy) review.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

@Werthead - what was the stealth escape from the hotel that you mentioned?

I assume he means Konpeki Plaza.

Spoiler

You can perfect stealth it, but it is painstaking and arduous work, especially since anyone you take down seems to set a clock to the notification that a body has been found and everyone's put on high(er) alert.

I managed it about 80%, until the lobby, my first run. Second run, my Nomad gal likes to shoot things, and it went a lot faster.

That's it. Next time I'm playing as Amos Burton and doing every Amos Burton choice. 

• No stealth. 
  • No romantic relationships of any kind. 
  • Lots of sex though
  • Major body, reflexes, maybe cool or possibly engineering to represent his fix shit side
  • Never refusing drinks
  • Probably shotgun and pistol specialities
  • No stabby bullshit, but definitely beat people with baseball bats
  • Goes completely apeshit at any abuse of kids even fucking implied
  • Definitely friends with Takemura
  • Definitely not  friends with Johnny

What else?

I got my new computer yesterday and damn does this game look fine with an RTX 3080.

Still very demanding but I hit 60-70 fps at the recommended settings. 

I did I little bit of tweaking and discovered that the game loses about 10 fps if I activate crowds on minimaps... Map based CPU bottleneck? :D :bang:

18 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I got my new computer yesterday and damn does this game look fine with an RTX 3080.

Still very demanding but I hit 60-70 fps at the recommended settings. 

Very thorough video explaining how each option looks and why they recommend the setting that you do, if you haven't seen it, with some really good recommendations. They may have some setting suggestions you haven't tried, if you haven't seen it yet. TL;DR, they put the settings in the description:

Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High
Local Shadow Quality High
Cascaded Shadows Range: High
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: 1080p Ultra, 1440p High, 4K Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: Ultra
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low (there is barely a difference)
Colour Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: 1080p High. 1440p High, 4K Medium
Level of Detail: High

Recommended Ray Tracing Settings

Ray Traced Reflections: On
Ray Traced Shadows: Off
Ray Traced Lighting: Medium
If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Very thorough video explaining how each option looks and why they recommend the setting that you do, if you haven't seen it, with some really good recommendations. They may have some setting suggestions you haven't tried, if you haven't seen it yet. TL;DR, they put the settings in the description:

Thanks. 

I think the numbers I'm getting are pretty ok. RT is really demanding. I hit 120 FPS which is the max for my screen if I switch that off. I was just surprised how hard that map setting hit FPS. 

14 hours ago, Ran said:

I assume he means Konpeki Plaza.

Reveal hidden contents

You can perfect stealth it, but it is painstaking and arduous work, especially since anyone you take down seems to set a clock to the notification that a body has been found and everyone's put on high(er) alert.

I managed it about 80%, until the lobby, my first run. Second run, my Nomad gal likes to shoot things, and it went a lot faster.

Yeah, Konpeki Plaza is awesome to stealth through, and not quite as arduous as you make out, although I did give up in the garage. Perfect-stealthing that is possible but requires Desperados III levels of perfect timing, distraction, doing takedowns behind someone with their back turned to you standing three feet away etc.

I'm not sure, but I think the game takes it that you stealthed out of the hotel and no-one got a look at you, given how Arasaka never come after you in the rest of the game, apart from when you're with Takemura.

Oh lol, fuck that noise, I pinged everyone and then killed them through walls with contagion.

Ha, I swapped Ping out very early on and never reinstalled it. I probably should have, as I stopped using Overheat about halfway through the game.

I think the numbers I'm getting are pretty ok. RT is really demanding. I hit 120 FPS which is the max for my screen if I switch that off. I was just surprised how hard that map setting hit FPS. 

Ha. I reinstalled Metro 2033 and realised I'd left the FPS counter on. The game was cheerfully telling me that I was getting between 200 and 300 fps almost at all times (during one really busy firefight it dropped as low as 180 fps). And that's a pretty good-looking game given it's eleven years old (albeit this is the Redux version, which is four years newer). During Cyberpunk 2077 it stayed at between 50 and 60 fps throughout most of the game (during the craziest firefight in the middle of the city it once dipped as low as 38).

18 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Yeah, Konpeki Plaza is awesome to stealth through, and not quite as arduous as you make out, although I did give up in the garage. Perfect-stealthing that is possible but requires Desperados III levels of perfect timing, distraction, doing takedowns behind someone with their back turned to you standing three feet away etc.

I'm not sure, but I think the game takes it that you stealthed out of the hotel and no-one got a look at you, given how Arasaka never come after you in the rest of the game, apart from when you're with Takemura.

Ha, I swapped Ping out very early on and never reinstalled it. I probably should have, as I stopped using Overheat about halfway through the game.

Ha. I reinstalled Metro 2033 and realised I'd left the FPS counter on. The game was cheerfully telling me that I was getting between 200 and 300 fps almost at all times (during one really busy firefight it dropped as low as 180 fps). And that's a pretty good-looking game given it's eleven years old (albeit this is the Redux version, which is four years newer). During Cyberpunk 2077 it stayed at between 50 and 60 fps throughout most of the game (during the craziest firefight in the middle of the city it once dipped as low as 38).

I think you have something that makes you impossible to idenify on cameras unless I'm confusing different games here. Killing everyone is as good as sneaking out in that case. 

Some fixers are not completly happy with my kill all approach though if there is an optional sneak goal. 

41 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I think you have something that makes you impossible to idenify on cameras unless I'm confusing different games here. Killing everyone is as good as sneaking out in that case. 

I don't think it's specified in CP77 that you have that ability. In the Watch_Dogs trilogy that's the case, if you sit down in front of a camera and zoom in on your face it's all blurred and pixelated and the scanner says CANNOT IDENTIFY (or something similar), but in CP77 that's not the case. In CP77 it's also encouraged to simply shut off cameras almost at every turn (or shoot them).

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

I don't think it's specified in CP77 that you have that ability. In the Watch_Dogs trilogy that's the case, if you sit down in front of a camera and zoom in on your face it's all blurred and pixelated and the scanner says CANNOT IDENTIFY (or something similar), but in CP77 that's not the case. In CP77 it's also encouraged to simply shut off cameras almost at every turn (or shoot them).

Actually, when you first get your Kiroshi implant, Vik notes that a bonus feature is an external lens disruptor that will render your face a blur to any camera aimed at it:

Still need to get rid of those cameras when you're traipsing about, of course, but I guess that was a detail tossed out to explain why you aren't tracked down and beaten up/arrested for your various B&Es, assassinations, etc.

Re: Konpeki,

Spoiler

Well, it was arduous for me, in any case! I saw a perfect stealth run that took 6-odd minutes on Youtube, but some of those margins to get through it without triggering any alarms at all seemed like magic (or, more likely, repeated tries by someone who memorized everything down to the second).

@Luzifer's right hand

It's kind of interesting to see the differences in attitudes among some of the fixers. Regina and Dakota are a lot pickier, it seems to me, than any other fixer when it comes to mayhem.

34 minutes ago, Ran said:

Actually, when you first get your Kiroshi implant, Vik notes that a bonus feature is an external lens disruptor that will render your face a blur to any camera aimed at it:

Ah, good spot. I don't think it's ever mentioned again in the game.

I just realized that that feature must be controllable, since you can be directed to take a selfie with 

Spoiler

Kerry and Us Cracks.

Would have been funny if they applied a blur to your face, actually, for that particular image, to show it's "in-world". Heh.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Still need to get rid of those cameras when you're traipsing about, of course, but I guess that was a detail tossed out to explain why you aren't tracked down and beaten up/arrested for your various B&Es, assassinations, etc.

Re: Konpeki,

Reveal hidden contents

Well, it was arduous for me, in any case! I saw a perfect stealth run that took 6-odd minutes on Youtube, but some of those margins to get through it without triggering any alarms at all seemed like magic (or, more likely, repeated tries by someone who memorized everything down to the second).

@Luzifer's right hand

It's kind of interesting to see the differences in attitudes among some of the fixers. Regina and Dakota are a lot pickier, it seems to me, than any other fixer when it comes to mayhem.

That is the scene I remembered. I do suffer from restartitis and have already seen it 3 times. I'm thinking about trying another start to see the Corpo background with my current rig... 

Archived