Golf: The Majors and Minors 2021

Mr. Chatywin et al.

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Damn, my guy went +3 after getting a share of the lead at -5. What a collapse. An 8 shot swing on the back nine is wildly bad.

This was shocking, the defending champion collapsing like that. He gave up. If anyone had the right to give up it was Hughes. I mean, your ball ends up in a tree?!?

This was the craziest major I can ever remember seeing.

Tigers masters win in 19 was up there for crazy, 3 guys in contention for the win turning into hackers putting balls in the water on 12 and tiger nearly holing out on 16 to break free of the rest and hold on to the finish after he made bogey on 18 and someone in the group in front missed a makeable putt (keopka?) that would have turned it into a playoff with tigers bogey

21 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

This was shocking, the defending champion collapsing like that. He gave up. If anyone had the right to give up it was Hughes. I mean, your ball ends up in a tree?!?

This was the craziest major I can ever remember seeing.

He absolutely quit. I don't like to say that about pro athletes, regardless of the sport, but it's hard to say otherwise. 

After listening to the interviews with Rahm, he really does some like a decent guy. Saying the win was for Sevi was nice.

I think not getting fully vaccinated way earlier than he did gave me a bad opinion of him. He had just gotten his second shot when he tested positive, but man, that was in May. He should have been fully vaccinated months ago.

After thinking about it, I guess I have seen golf games where balls got caught in a tree, but I think it’s always happened when the player hit the tree with their shot and the ball lodged in a branch, I don’t remember seeing a ball bounce off a path and into a tree before. That must be the epitome of a bad bounce. Maybe even at a Masters.

My brother said someone lodged a ball in a tree at the Memorial, but I didn’t watch much of that tournament and missed it.

2 hours ago, lmanion said:

I've had a ball bounce up into a tree a couple of times and not come out. It all depends on what type of tree it is every time it's happened to me it's been a pine tree

I bet you could stand and chip balls at the tree all day without one staying in if you were trying. 

The type of tree is indeed important. I know a guy who hits the first tee shot away from the fairway and then up into a tree. That tree then proceeds to carefully place his ball on the edge of said fairway. This goes on for most of every hole.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I bet you could stand and chip balls at the tree all day without one staying in if you were trying. 

Nah these ones are like a glove the club chopped a big one down a while ago and found 350-400 balls in it

On 6/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Damn, my guy went +3 after getting a share of the lead at -5. What a collapse. An 8 shot swing on the back nine is wildly bad.

Your guy parted ways with his caddy today at the Rocket Mortgage Classic outside of Detroit.  That’s a helluva a thing to do mid-season and right before the British Open. Commentators were saying they briefly broke up once before, but who knows, maybe he was blaming him for what happened at the US Open?