Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)

RumHam

Really big episode. Resist the urge to click the tag, Tywin!

Spoiler

RIP little mouse. Also the other one. that was, no pun intended, some cold shit. I hope coach comes back with a bag full of canned food and they all feel really bad. 

I thought for sure they'd snap out of it to save him. Poor Travis is gonna feel that one, especially since he indirectly caused it saving Nat.

The adult storyline also progressed quite a bit and no longer feels like it's treading water. I like that everything is out in the open now. Well except Van's thing. I really hope she doesn't somehow make sure she's the sacrifice because of her cancer. I could also see Lisa somehow accidentally being the sacrifice, because they spent a lot of time on her character early in the season. 

Shauna meatknife hands was great. I knew right away that scene was not real. Something about the music maybe or the way they cut from her at the lodge to being home too quickly. 

I'd have liked an explanation or story about how Adam's body was found. The police investigation seems to be the most unrealistic part of the show this season. First they just assume he's dead instead of just missing way too quickly. Then the stuff with the cop and the suspects daughter, now they're somehow getting a warrant based on ....what? Even if the body wasn't buried deep enough it's weird that they found it. 

There's a pretty big spoiler in the preview for next week's finale. But it looks great.

Spoiler

Yeah liked this one

One thought is this show is really fucking with the audience when it comes to ‘is there actually something supernatural’ going on. There were moments this episode where I thought it was absolutely something ancient and creepy, but then by the time you find out about Javi’s cave and you realise everyone is just suffering from starvation madness you sort of realise you’ve been led down a wrong turn.

I think if there is in fact nothing supernatural about all this and actually this is just about a sort of mental delusion I might drop out of the show. Makes me sound shallow but I’m not sure I find it all that interesting if there isn’t something bigger going on. The show is still good but if it really is that this all just about people with trauma then I’m not sure what else there is to say

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

Really big episode. Resist the urge to click the tag, Tywin!

Reveal hidden contents

RIP little mouse. Also the other one. that was, no pun intended, some cold shit. I hope coach comes back with a bag full of canned food and they all feel really bad. 

I thought for sure they'd snap out of it to save him. Poor Travis is gonna feel that one, especially since he indirectly caused it saving Nat.

The adult storyline also progressed quite a bit and no longer feels like it's treading water. I like that everything is out in the open now. Well except Van's thing. I really hope she doesn't somehow make sure she's the sacrifice because of her cancer. I could also see Lisa somehow accidentally being the sacrifice, because they spent a lot of time on her character early in the season. 

Shauna meatknife hands was great. I knew right away that scene was not real. Something about the music maybe or the way they cut from her at the lodge to being home too quickly. 

I'd have liked an explanation or story about how Adam's body was found. The police investigation seems to be the most unrealistic part of the show this season. First they just assume he's dead instead of just missing way too quickly. Then the stuff with the cop and the suspects daughter, now they're somehow getting a warrant based on ....what? Even if the body wasn't buried deep enough it's weird that they found it. 

There's a pretty big spoiler in the preview for next week's finale. But it looks great.

Spoiler

Javi never had a chance. I'm still surprised Ben is alive though. 

Spoiler

Well, after the shock and confusion of episode 7, 8 redeemed the show.  I'm still not super comfortable with some of these situations presented, but it is beginning to make sense and feel less like shock value.  Excellent to get a few answers.  That scene with Nugget was its own sort of terrifying.  

Funny I kept thinking Lottie was the one who will die now, though the episode is clear about expectations.  I thought Van demanding to know what was happening with the adults was a little contrived.  She doesn't seem to care about a lot, but this suddenly gives her a pulse?  Really enjoyed the sit down and revelations to their faces, which Lottie and Van aren't part of.  Christina Ricci was great in those scenes though I enjoyed watching Taissa get knocked from her horse when Misty outed the hiring of the reporter. 

It was surprising to see Natalie, their best hunter, draw the queen.  Seems to me that it would be easier to just choke someone or cut their throats when they are sleeping than waste calories hunting and making animal sounds.  Is Natalie out of the drawing now? 

Did anyone catch what was in the cave or what Javi's drawings were?  I made out little bones but couldn't really distinguish the place.   It looked natural to me, but it can't be.  Not with that heat coming up strong enough to melt blizzard snow? 

Jeff's dream and scene afterward with Callie were good.  He is 100% on Shauna's side, but wow!    

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hide contents

Javi never had a chance. I'm still surprised Ben is alive though. 

Spoiler

Yeah I think we all knew he didn't make it back, I was shocked the killed him so soon after revealing he wasn't dead though. But killing the character who has the best idea what's going on is one way to preserve the mystery I guess. 

5 hours ago, Curled Finger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, after the shock and confusion of episode 7, 8 redeemed the show.  I'm still not super comfortable with some of these situations presented, but it is beginning to make sense and feel less like shock value.  Excellent to get a few answers.  That scene with Nugget was its own sort of terrifying.  

Funny I kept thinking Lottie was the one who will die now, though the episode is clear about expectations.  I thought Van demanding to know what was happening with the adults was a little contrived.  She doesn't seem to care about a lot, but this suddenly gives her a pulse?  Really enjoyed the sit down and revelations to their faces, which Lottie and Van aren't part of.  Christina Ricci was great in those scenes though I enjoyed watching Taissa get knocked from her horse when Misty outed the hiring of the reporter. 

It was surprising to see Natalie, their best hunter, draw the queen.  Seems to me that it would be easier to just choke someone or cut their throats when they are sleeping than waste calories hunting and making animal sounds.  Is Natalie out of the drawing now? 

Did anyone catch what was in the cave or what Javi's drawings were?  I made out little bones but couldn't really distinguish the place.   It looked natural to me, but it can't be.  Not with that heat coming up strong enough to melt blizzard snow? 

Jeff's dream and scene afterward with Callie were good.  He is 100% on Shauna's side, but wow!    

Spoiler

I know they weren’t thinking rationally (obviously), but I was also really surprised they would even consider Natalie an option. To kill your best hunter would be all kinds of stupid. It would be like if they had s doctor with them and they threw that person into the drawing. 

Good episode though. I’m definitely leaning towards Van being the one to drink Lottie’s poison Koolaid  

1 hour ago, RumHam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I think we all knew he didn't make it back, I was shocked the killed him so soon after revealing he wasn't dead though. But killing the character who has the best idea what's going on is one way to preserve the mystery I guess. 

Spoiler

Didn't love it. I thought they could have played out where it was going more. 

Also, did we ever see anyone else try to run on the lake? Coming from a cold place I'd have avoided that shit at all cost if you didn't know how thick the ice was. 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Hide contents

I know they weren’t thinking rationally (obviously), but I was also really surprised they would even consider Natalie an option. To kill your best hunter would be all kinds of stupid. It would be like if they had s doctor with them and they threw that person into the drawing. 

Good episode though. I’m definitely leaning towards Van being the one to drink Lottie’s poison Koolaid  

Spoiler

Yah, terrible thing to leave to chance.  My money is on Lottie being the martyr again.  I think it won't work because someone else will end up dying--something, a trick like this one.  Most likely sacrifice?  Jeff or the bad cop.  Great dream sequence from Jeff.  So weird seeing that sweet face with the sweet voice and knives for hands.