MCU: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of SPOILERS

ithanos

7 minutes ago, sifth said:

Yet in Iron Man 2 and in the beginning of the Avengers film, Tony isn't too interested in the Avengers Program. It completely contradicts his feelings about it, at the end of the Hulk film.

Huh?  At the end of Iron Man 2 he's clearly interested, it's Fury that tells him Nat didn't recommend him for the initiative (while recommending "Iron Man").  Then when Fury says he wants Tony only as a consultant, he agrees to do it in exchange for forcing Garry Shandling to present him a medal.  As for the beginning of Avengers, Tony is clearly hurt that he wasn't recommended and then is immediately interested when Coulson gives him the...digital dossier (don't really know what to call it).

Tony may act aloof and flippant about the initiative, but that's his character.  Definitely never got the impression he wasn't interested - in fact just the opposite.

13 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Practice gauntlet".

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?!? There's no one else here..."

I think you can fudge the gauntlet thing maybe? By Age of Ultron Loki is posing as Odin and the nine realms are unprotected. I don't think Dinklage's character ever says when Thanos came and fucked his planet.

53 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think you can fudge the gauntlet thing maybe? By Age of Ultron Loki is posing as Odin and the nine realms are unprotected. I don't think Dinklage's character ever says when Thanos came and fucked his planet.

After Ragnarok.

When Thor, Groot and Rocket went to Nidavellir during Infinity War, they noticed a discarded gauntlet lying at the forging facility, which could very well be Thano's "practice gauntlet" that he was using since Age of Ultron. Thor knew immediately what had happened just by seeing the gauntlet, as he knows of its capabilities since another version of the gauntlet was in his father's vault since before he was born (this was implied as Hela recognizes it as a fake despite being trapped in Hel before Thor's birth). It was likely that Thanos only stopped using his "practice gauntlet" after the events of Ragnarok, as the forces of Asgard were no longer there to defend the Dwarves.

https://www.cbr.com/the-mcu-multiple-infinity-gauntlets-problem-solved/

Christ, this is stupid. All these clowns had to say was,

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all these monh$!"

I can remember seeing AoE. The Infinity gauntlet in Odins weapons vault was already common knowledge by then. The post credit scene was obviously an indication that Thanos had invaded Asgard and stolen the Gauntlet. This ties in with the earlier scene in the film with Thor and Hiemdal and all the cryptic talk of "we are dead" or whatever he was babbling about.

Nope. Apparently Thanos was doing his Travis Bickle impression for the next ten films. C'mon people, how could he snap his fingers with that gauntlet if he didn't have practice? I ask you. And Odin has a fake gauntlet in his weapons vault because why not. Silly me.  

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Huh?  At the end of Iron Man 2 he's clearly interested, it's Fury that tells him Nat didn't recommend him for the initiative (while recommending "Iron Man").  Then when Fury says he wants Tony only as a consultant, he agrees to do it in exchange for forcing Garry Shandling to present him a medal.  As for the beginning of Avengers, Tony is clearly hurt that he wasn't recommended and then is immediately interested when Coulson gives him the...digital dossier (don't really know what to call it).

Tony may act aloof and flippant about the initiative, but that's his character.  Definitely never got the impression he wasn't interested - in fact just the opposite.

Non of that explains why he'd go see Ross about The Hulk, when clearly the guy hates The Hulk and doesn't even have him in custody. Also Tony wasn't even working with Fury after the first Iron Man film, he was just doing his own thing and was in fact surprised to see Fury when he showed up in Iron Man 2. That scene at the end of The Hulk films implies he's working with Fury to form the Avengers, something that both Iron Man 2 and The Avengers film, show is not true.

5 minutes ago, sifth said:

Non of that explains why he'd go see Ross about The Hulk, when clearly the guy hates The Hulk and doesn't even have him in custody.

Ross still knows more about Hulk/Banner than almost anyone else in the world and is the most experienced person in trying to track him down - which is what Tony is assumedly trying to do.  Again, other than his daughter, Ross is pretty objectively the best person to go to if you're trying to find/recruit Hulk.  The only thing that doesn't make sense about it is how in the hell isn't Ross in custody himself after the events of the film.  But you don't have to pull too hard on that "actual/legal ramifications" thread to unravel the entire MCU.

12 minutes ago, sifth said:

Also Tony wasn't even working with Fury after the first Iron Man film, he was just doing his own thing and was in fact surprised to see Fury when he showed up in Iron Man 2. That scene at the end of The Hulk films implies he's working with Fury to form the Avengers, something that both Iron Man 2 and The Avengers film, show is not true.

Tony not working with Fury in Iron Man 2 in no way precludes him from approaching Ross if Fury/Coulson asked him to beforehand.  Moreover, the fact Fury tells him he isn't recommended for the Avengers Initiative at the end of Iron Man 2 necessarily means Stark was at least considering joining the Avengers before that time.  And it makes perfect sense that Stark and Ross likely had a prior professional relationship.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ross still knows more about Hulk/Banner than almost anyone else in the world and is the most experienced person in trying to track him down - which is what Tony is assumedly trying to do.  Again, other than his daughter, Ross is pretty objectively the best person to go to if you're trying to find/recruit Hulk.  The only thing that doesn't make sense about it is how in the hell isn't Ross in custody himself after the events of the film.  But you don't have to pull too hard on that "actual/legal ramifications" thread to unravel the entire MCU.

Tony not working with Fury in Iron Man 2 in no way precludes him from approaching Ross if Fury/Coulson asked him to beforehand.  Moreover, the fact Fury tells him he isn't recommended for the Avengers Initiative at the end of Iron Man 2 necessarily means Stark was at least considering joining the Avengers before that time.  And it makes perfect sense that Stark and Ross likely had a prior professional relationship.

I'll be polite and just say, I don't agree with any of that. I view that scene as proof that they didn't have the MCU planned out just then and were implying in that scene that Fury and Tony were working together to form the Avengers.

I'm also confused, was the post credit scene for The Hulk film, suppose to not take place after Iron Man, because you make it out as if it was suppose to take place after Iron Man 2. If that's the case, it just makes things more confusing. 

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ross still knows more about Hulk/Banner than almost anyone else in the world and is the most experienced person in trying to track him down - which is what Tony is assumedly trying to do.

"Failing to track him down" you mean.

In Avengers, it's established that Fury knows exactly where Banner is. He sends Romanov to get him. She even mentions they've been keeping other people of his trail. So this doesn't make much sense. 

3 minutes ago, sifth said:

I view that scene as proof that they didn't have the MCU planned out just then and were implying in that scene that Fury and Tony were working together to form the Avengers.

Fury and Tony working together to form the Avengers when the latter met Ross doesn't contradict anything in the MCU.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah I almost dropped a "I consider experience experience" line in there but thought it'd be too hokey.

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

In Avengers, it's established that Fury knows exactly where Banner is. He sends Romanov to get him. She even mentions they've been keeping other people of his trail. So this doesn't make much sense.

First, just because Fury knew where Banner was at the start of Avengers doesn't mean he did at the end of Incredible Hulk.  Indeed, Ross helping Fury track Banner down in the meantime doesn't contradict anything in the MCU.  Second, even if Fury did know how to track down Banner, that doesn't mean Fury or Stark wouldn't be interested in talking to Ross about more information, how to approach him, etc.

10 minutes ago, sifth said:

because you make it out as if it was suppose to take place after Iron Man 2.

I don't know why you think I'm making it out as if it took place after Iron Man 2.  I literally said:

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Tony not working with Fury in Iron Man 2 in no way precludes him from approaching Ross if Fury/Coulson asked him to beforehand.  Moreover, the fact Fury tells him he isn't recommended for the Avengers Initiative at the end of Iron Man 2 necessarily means Stark was at least considering joining the Avengers before that time.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

After Ragnarok.

https://www.cbr.com/the-mcu-multiple-infinity-gauntlets-problem-solved/

Christ, this is stupid. All these clowns had to say was,

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all these monh$!"

I can remember seeing AoE. The Infinity gauntlet in Odins weapons vault was already common knowledge by then. The post credit scene was obviously an indication that Thanos had invaded Asgard and stolen the Gauntlet. This ties in with the earlier scene in the film with Thor and Hiemdal and all the cryptic talk of "we are dead" or whatever he was babbling about.

Nope. Apparently Thanos was doing his Travis Bickle impression for the next ten films. C'mon people, how could he snap his fingers with that gauntlet if he didn't have practice? I ask you. And Odin has a fake gauntlet in his weapons vault because why not. Silly me.  

I agree that's stupid, thankfully none of that made it onscreen.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I know, the whole thing just doesn't make sense. Tony Stark acts like he hasn't seen Fury in a very long time, in IM2 and that he could care less about The Avengers program, yet somehow he's a recruiter for it in the Hulk film, which came out 2 years earlier. Either the scene is suppose to take place after IM2 or they didn't have things planned out.

20 minutes ago, sifth said:

Tony Stark acts like he hasn't seen Fury in a very long time, in IM2 and that he could care less about The Avengers program, yet somehow he's a recruiter for it in the Hulk film, which came out 2 years earlier.

He does not act like he could care less about The Avengers program in IM2.  If he didn't care about it, the conversation Fury and Stark have at the end of IM2 wouldn't have happened.

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

He does not act like he could care less about The Avengers program in IM2.  If he didn't care about it, the conversation Fury and Stark have at the end of IM2 wouldn't have happened.

That final scene was Fury talking with Stark and reviewing if he's mentally fit to be part of the Avengers. In other words Fury wasn't sure if he was ready. Which again makes the scene at the end of the Hulk in no way make sense.

2 minutes ago, sifth said:

Which again makes the scene at the end of the Hulk in no way make sense.

LOL, no, it doesn't.  The scene ends with Fury asking Stark to be a consultant for the Avengers Initiative.  It stands to reason Fury would feel comfortable asking someone he views as a "consultant" to approach Ross about helping them recruit a member (or whatever else they wanted Ross' help for in relation to the Avengers).  Your insistence that the scene doesn't make sense doesn't make sense. 

Just now, DMC said:

LOL, no, it doesn't.  The scene ends with Fury asking Stark to be a consultant for the Avengers Initiative.  It stands to reason Fury would feel comfortable asking someone he views as a "consultant" to approach Ross about helping them recruit a member (or whatever else they wanted Ross' help for in relation to the Avengers).  Your insistence that the scene doesn't make sense doesn't make sense. 

Which is why I asked if the scene takes place after IM2. If it takes place after IM1, it would mean Furry sent a person he thought was mentally unstable to recruit The Hulk.

3 minutes ago, sifth said:

it would mean Furry sent a person he thought was mentally unstable to recruit The Hulk.

LOL, he doesn't think he's "mentally unstable," he says (or rather Nat does) Stark displays compulsive behavior, has self-destructive tendencies, and is a narcissist.  Which, ya know, is pretty clear to everybody before, after, and during Iron Man 2.  That scene is Fury putting Stark in his place, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

LOL, he doesn't think he's "mentally unstable," he says (or rather Nat does) Stark displays compulsive behavior, has self-destructive tendencies, and is a narcissist.  Which, ya know, is pretty clear to everybody before, after, and during Iron Man 2.  That scene is Fury putting Stark in his place, nothing more.

Yea, but Nat's mission was it evaluate if he was mentally stable enough to join the team. So in other words, Fury was making sure Tony was ready, before he made him part of the project.

Just now, sifth said:

Yea, but Nat's mission was it evaluate if he was mentally stable enough to join the team.

So?  Again, I have no idea why you think that precludes Fury from asking Tony to approach Ross at the end of Incredible Hulk.  If you're saying it's because of Nat's "evaluation" (which I think is silly, but ok), well, that evaluation obviously wasn't completed until long after Tony met with Ross.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

So?  Again, I have no idea why you think that precludes Fury from asking Tony to approach Ross at the end of Incredible Hulk.  If you're saying it's because of Nat's "evaluation" (which I think is silly, but ok), well, that evaluation obviously wasn't completed until long after Tony met with Ross.

You don't give a person who you're not sure is mentally stable a job, until after their evaluation is complete. I just checked the official MCU timeline and it seems like the events in The Incredible Hulk are suppose to take place after Iron Man 2, which as I said before is the only way they can make sense.  

Archived