Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

8 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Why can't I BUY a flat instead?

Dude, it's cyberpunk. Corporations aren't going to sell you actual property that you can use to build wealth independently when they can keep the property and charge rents forever. A better question is why you can buy things like guns and cyberware instead of having to pay a monthly installment. 

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Why can't I BUY a flat instead?

If the monthly goes into tens of thousands, then the actual apartment will be a couple million atleast…Also you’ll have to pay for utilities and maintenance every month in between killing scavs. What’s next , doing taxes ? lol 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Also something not on the stream but nice - you can invite your romantic partner to your apartment too. No more going to Charter Street and that crappy apartment, we can now go to an equally crappy apartment downtown.

Man all these new city sim additions makes me wish I’d play the game for the first time now! But without new content I don’t feel like jumping in so soon. Maybe I’ll revisit the game in a couple of years after new mods. 

10 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

If the monthly goes into tens of thousands, then the actual apartment will be a couple million atleast…Also you’ll have to pay for utilities and maintenance every month in between killing scavs. What’s next , doing taxes ? lol 

TBF, I'd totally be down with that. It would make for an interesting side hustle in-game. 

I don't know how much I ended up making overall, but a few million anyways. Bought every car, rented every apartment, etc.

Money is really only difficult if you don't sell anything and just reduce it to components all the time. Once you decide you're done, you can make lots of cash pretty easy selling off guns and such.

Same. Those things are exxy. Weird though that there aren't any banks to place money in, or ways to buy, for example, treasury bonds. Does the central bank still exist in this world? Like, who's issuing currencies in the world? 

There's a Bank of Night City, but the primary currency used in Night City is the Eurodollar (aka Eddie), which is issued by the European Economic Community which backs it. It is the dominant currency of the world, so much so that the NUSA also uses it as official currency as well, but Japan has the New Yen and there are some other currencies out there.

Thanks @Ran <3 

I'm curious, also: does anyone else here use mods to improve the textures in the game? I've noticed more and more (or perhaps because I've spent an unhealthy amount of time in the game) that there are a lot of blurry textures in-game, notably for crates, boxes, /some/ walls, and graffiti. 

At the moment, my research suggests that the most popular mod for new textures is the Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project, which seems to have been made by the same folks who touched up the blurrier textures in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It's apparently popular enough that PCGamer have even published an article covering the work they're doing. 

I've been a bit hesitant to use any mod myself other than the Skip Intro Text/Warnings mod and the level cap remover, which are both fairly innocuous and don't take up much space, as mods that are works in progress are something I try to avoid, especially while a game is still being patched, as is the case with CP77. 

That said, I've been frustrated with the anti-aliasing in the game, and it's hard for me to know if the occasional jagged lines that I sometimes see (mainly in relation to fences of all things) is something that's a result of my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB), or simply limitations of the Red Engine. Which leads me to wonder how people have dealt with or resolved this issue, if it's something they've encountered. And of course, I grant you, this is *very* minor as far as things go. I'm still more passively annoyed by the random floating bushes in the bad lands, as it's been three years and yet this one region of the world map still has comical bugs like the aforementioned floating bushes, floating wraith bodies (once knocked out or killed), and inconsistent world effects - such as land mines that can be detonated at a distance but don't actually produce any explosions upon detonation, due to - I guess? - rendering distances rules.

Anyway, a passing set of thoughts that passed through my mind over lunch today.

https://x.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1731267041988870596?s=61&t=RpSPMaVz_qqrIETNNSnBbw

Ahem…you can now do plenty of replayable activities with your partner at all your apartments, CDPR sure knows its core audience ;) Glad to see it’s embracing its Witcher roots here.

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

Thanks @Ran <3 

I'm curious, also: does anyone else here use mods to improve the textures in the game? I've noticed more and more (or perhaps because I've spent an unhealthy amount of time in the game) that there are a lot of blurry textures in-game, notably for crates, boxes, /some/ walls, and graffiti. 

At the moment, my research suggests that the most popular mod for new textures is the Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project, which seems to have been made by the same folks who touched up the blurrier textures in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It's apparently popular enough that PCGamer have even published an article covering the work they're doing. 

I've been a bit hesitant to use any mod myself other than the Skip Intro Text/Warnings mod and the level cap remover, which are both fairly innocuous and don't take up much space, as mods that are works in progress are something I try to avoid, especially while a game is still being patched, as is the case with CP77. 

That said, I've been frustrated with the anti-aliasing in the game, and it's hard for me to know if the occasional jagged lines that I sometimes see (mainly in relation to fences of all things) is something that's a result of my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB), or simply limitations of the Red Engine. Which leads me to wonder how people have dealt with or resolved this issue, if it's something they've encountered. And of course, I grant you, this is *very* minor as far as things go. I'm still more passively annoyed by the random floating bushes in the bad lands, as it's been three years and yet this one region of the world map still has comical bugs like the aforementioned floating bushes, floating wraith bodies (once knocked out or killed), and inconsistent world effects - such as land mines that can be detonated at a distance but don't actually produce any explosions upon detonation, due to - I guess? - rendering distances rules.

Anyway, a passing set of thoughts that passed through my mind over lunch today.

If you play at maxed out graphics with path tracing it looks superb, can’t even notice any blurry textures,  with that card I guess you’re not able to ? Also set DLSS to balanced at most, anything in performance will make things blurry.