Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

Very doubtful they'll release the source code at this juncture, if ever. Modding tools, maybe in a year or two, but it took many years for Witcher 3 to get them even after they first mooted it, so for whatever reason they decided to hold off, presumably to try and time it with flagging sales so as to encourage a new wave of sales.

I'm guessing its also to support the next gen release of Witcher 3 which just happened at the end of last year.... i actually started replaying the game for the first time in over 6 years now because they've significantly updated the visuals, added a new quest and altered the game mechanics and honestly feels like a fresh, new game(ive also forgotten most of the side quests which helps), they're basically following the Bethesda model of keeping the game fresh in peoples minds until Witcher 4 and its remake are out. CP2077 could benefit from the same as its going be at least 6 years till we see a new game. 

Unlike Bethesda and Naughty Dog, they're giving the remake freely to everyone who already has a copy of the Witcher 3 which is always great to see, and discounting the price for new players straight off. 

On a side note: Witcher 3 Next Gen Version now looks breathtaking on PC, especially on the new RT Ultra+ mod, it looks better than most of the 2023 and current games out there, except maybe AW2. Certainly better than Starfield and better in some areas than BG3.

Makes you really wonder why they are willingly ditching such a good graphics engine and switching to the same old generic UE that so many games out there are using. I hope their games dont lose their unique visual styles as a result of it...

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

On 11/21/2023 at 10:50 PM, IlyaP said:

Am I crazy, or did PL/2.0 patch change some of the streets/layout of Night City a bit? 

Don't think so. The only area I notice is that the road around the big entrance to Dogtown - the one you can't actually go in after the first infiltration missing - swerves a bit more to make more room for the entrance, but apart from that I think it's the same. The side entrance (the one you usually use) is also different, but the roads around it on the Pacific side are the same, IIRC.

Good to see the DLC sales doing well:

https://x.com/pawesasko/status/1729541052497813811?s=46&t=XRSoI3kjtMOBaKKv2AuQbg

i read that a completely new studio by CDPR with the PL game director ,setup in Boston ,will tackle the sequel instead of the OG polish one. Any reason why the entire original team will not be handling it ? 

Also a new documentary covering the release of PL and its aftermath:

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

9 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Any reason why the entire original team will not be handling it ? 

Sasko is moving to Boston with the core CP2077 team, as I understand it, to oversee it. It's not just him.

Glad to see the sales are good. More, more.... !

ETA: There is at least one Boxer among the office dogs. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ran

6 hours ago, Ran said:

New lore videos dropping from CDPR. First one is a brief history of Night City:

@Ran, @karaddin, was wondering if either of you have encountered the particular "bug" that's plaguing my inventory screen? 

As the screenshot here shows, when trying to scroll through my guns, the side bar for the guns section of the inventory will reach the bottom, but I won't be able to see the details of those weapons as they're cut off and can't be seen unless I sell/destroy/drop enough other items above them to make them all of them visible on the screen. 

Any idea why this is happening and if there's a solution? 

5 hours ago, IlyaP said:

@Ran, @karaddin, was wondering if either of you have encountered the particular "bug" that's plaguing my inventory screen? 

As the screenshot here shows, when trying to scroll through my guns, the side bar for the guns section of the inventory will reach the bottom, but I won't be able to see the details of those weapons as they're cut off and can't be seen unless I sell/destroy/drop enough other items above them to make them all of them visible on the screen. 

Hopped in to check, and happens to me as well at drop points. Can still hover over and get all the stats, though.

6 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Why do you have many weapons, just sell the excess crap :P 

i gotta say though this game handles weight limitations and vendors soo much better than other RPGs. Im on a replay of my modded skyrim and witcher 3 next gen, and its absurd how little gold merchants have and how much weight every single piece of junk has...adds too much filler to my playthrough

2.1 update incoming, nice surprise. Stream tomorrow that'll dig into what the update entails.

From what CDPR has said before, NG+ isn't in the cards, and apparently they've indicated that some of the things added in 2.1 will be things they've done in the last weeks, so probably nothing massive.

Would like it if they gave you some car color customization, since there's a ton of variations of the cars you can buy that have colors you aren't able to purchase (but can carjack on the street). I've seen the suggestion floated that maybe you could carjack a car and go to El Capitán to pay him to basically wipe the records and reregister it as your ownership. That'd be neat, and could basically avoid creating a color picking system, just spot what you want on the street and pay for it as an additional cash sink.

Edited by Ran

If they can fix more of the typos and give Reyes lines other than "Damn V, I think you got a gift!", I'll already be happy. (Yes, that's right, I've turned into a ride-kleppin' gonk, what of it?)

I would really really *really* love a street map system, to help me better know which street I'm on at any given moment in time. It's a weird little thing, but after 300 hours, I can't say that I know at any given time the road I'm on, which feels a bit weird to me, for whatever reason.

N

Missed the Redstream, but this guy summarizes the main updates:

TL;DR: NCART metro with NPC interactions, portable radio so you can always listen without being in a vehicle, more car races after you finish the Clare story, new cars (includinga a slick Porsche cabriolet featuring Cyberpunk yellow and Samurai logos) and motorcycles to acquire, rework of Adam Smasher boss fight to try and make it more challenging, plus he gets an Edgerunner-style Sandevistan effect, motorcycle stunts and you can throw knives from the motorcycle, likelier to get chased by gangs in vehicles, and some accessibility improvements.