Jon Snow is Insane

Craving Peaches

So we all remember the tragic moment where good Janos Slynt, a victim of Westerosi elitism if there ever was one, was murdered in cold blood by Jon Snow under the guise of an execution. We all know that Jon was foaming at the mouth to avenge his treacherous father, a desire that could only be quenched with Janos Slynt's blood. This is despite the fact that we can see Jon's thoughts into the matter and they do not show this at all.

"You are refusing to obey my order?"
"You can stick your order up your bastard's arse," said Slynt, his jowls quivering.
—and confine him to an ice cell, he might have said. A day or ten cramped up inside the ice would leave him shivering and feverish and begging for release, Jon did not doubt. And the moment he is out, he and Thorne will begin to plot again.
—and tie him to his horse, he might have said. If Slynt did not wish to go to Greyguard as its commander, he could go as its cook. It will only be a matter of time until he deserts, then. And how many others will he take with him?
"—and hang him," Jon finished.

How can this be? How can Jon think he's lawfully executing Slynt for insubordination and to prevent plotting, but also just be a bloodthirsty avenger of a traitor? The answer is that Jon is not all there anymore. His conscious mind is lying to him to cover up his true reasons. It is one of the ego's defence mechanisms. Jon's consciousness is desperately trying to cover up the fact that it has lost control over Jon. Control over Jon has been usurped by his unconscious mind. The ruse is beginning to weaken. There are several moments where the illusion of conscious control slips and Jon admits what he really wants. Remember when he was fighting Emmet, had a black out and the next minute Emmet was savagely beaten? And there's more. 

With regards to Ygritte:

He wanted it, Jon knew then. He wanted it as much as he had ever wanted anything. I have always wanted it, he thought, guiltily. May the gods forgive me. It was a hunger inside him, sharp as a dragonglass blade. A hunger . . . he could feel it.

With regards to killing people:

Jon slid the oilcloth down his bastard sword, watching the play of morning light across the ripples, thinking how easily the blade would slide through skin and fat and sinew to part Slynt's ugly head from his body.

Burning shafts hissed upward, trailing tongues of fire. Scarecrow brothers tumbled down, black cloaks ablaze. "Snow," an eagle cried, as foemen scuttled up the ice like spiders. Jon was armoured in black ice, but his blade burned red in his fist. As the dead men reached the top of the Wall he sent them down to die again. He slew a greybeard and a beardless boy, a giant, a gaunt man with filed teeth, a girl with thick red hair. Too late he recognized Ygritte. She was gone as quick as she'd appeared.
The world dissolved into a red mist. Jon stabbed and slashed and cut. He hacked down Donal Noye and gutted Deaf Dick Follard. Qhorin Halfhand stumbled to his knees, trying in vain to staunch the flow of blood from his neck. "I am the Lord of Winterfell," Jon screamed. It was Robb before him now, his hair wet with melting snow. Longclaw took his head off. Then a gnarled hand seized Jon roughly by the shoulder. He whirled …

What will happen next? When Jon comes back after the attack the mask will be off. We will see the true Jon Snow without his ego and superego there to hide him. Jon will be void of inhibitions and morality and will make all of his decisions based on the pleasure principle. Jon will join the Others due to his Death Drive.

Q.E.D.

With all the TargAryan incest blood running through his veins, I'd not be surprised if he goes insane sooner or later. Well, it'd of course be much later than Dany born of incest and therefore a full blooded Targaryan. Let us remember also that Ol' Rickard had a poor choice in wife, marrying Lyarra. I mean I'm sure Lyarra, a First Men and a Stark no less was an excellent lady, but they are too closely related and we can see it's effects in Brandon's almost TargAryan like actions and also Lyanna to a degree.

7 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

With all the TargAryan incest blood running through his veins, I'd not be surprised if he goes insane sooner or later. Well, it'd of course be much later than Dany born of incest and therefore a full blooded Targaryan. Let us remember also that Ol' Rickard had a poor choice in wife, marrying Lyarra. I mean I'm sure Lyarra, a First Men and a Stark no less was an excellent lady, but they are too closely related and we can see it's effects in Brandon's almost TargAryan like actions and also Lyanna to a degree.

Poor Jon can't help it. It's all his mother's fault. Or his father's.

25 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

he also smells bad.

Poor bastard, no wonder he was jealous of Satin. 

22 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Or his father's.

Which is...? Rhaegar? or Brandon as TargApologists claim? But I think I've just found his real father: Reek. His bad smell gave it away.

You are forgetting his 

- bad tempered spar with iron emmet , losing repeatedly but when he finaly wins vs one of the very best the watch has  he throws sportsmanship out the window and has to be dragged off a man who has yielded!

-endangering gillys baby for vals

-blah blah the war vs the others is all that matters...but let me help stannis here bleed the north of fighting men for his cause and lets help my sister ..and alys karstark !

-ignorantly sets up poor ser patrek to be killed by giant

11 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

You are forgetting his 

- bad tempered spar with iron emmet , losing repeatedly but when he finaly wins vs one of the very best the watch has  he throws sportsmanship out the window and has to be dragged off a man who has yielded!

-endangering gillys baby for vals

-blah blah the war vs the others is all that matters...but let me help stannis here bleed the north of fighting men for his cause and lets help my sister ..and alys karstark !

-ignorantly sets up poor ser patrek to be killed by giant

It is known that he wanted Alys Karstark to himself, you can just ask Cregan Karstark. Magnar marriage was just done so Alys has some cover in the guise of a married woman.

And there was no ignorance in Patrek getting killed. It was carefully planned. Everyone would agree just how handsome and brave and smart poor Ser Patrek was, none of those qualities Jon could hope to match, it was a sure thing that Patrek would win the love of that wildling witch, Val, so Jon set him up to be killed. 

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Does he not black out and then goes bezerk but can't remember?

Dude it's a pitiful excuse. He went crazy alright, but blackout is a lie. It was all for show with the message of "cross me and I'll crack your head in" The guy is a total savage. He just made that a s an excuse but message was plain to see.

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

Dude it's a pitiful excuse. He went crazy alright, but blackout is a lie. It was all for show with the message of "cross me and I'll crack your head in" The guy is a total savage. He just made that a s an excuse but message was plain to see.

Jon can't remember. His ego repressed it, but control is beginning to slip. This is one of many signs that point to Jon's Id taking over.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Jon can't remember. His ego repressed it, but control is beginning to slip. This is one of many signs that point to Jon's Id taking over.

He lost like 6-7 spars before and everyome feel iron emmet is by far one of the watchs best.....then jon finaly finaly wins one and suddenly hes all 'ooh i cant remembr what i did i musta blacked out' his ego couldnt take those losses so he went hulk mode on a decent guy...iron emmet shoulda been 1st with the knives 'for the watch'

4 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

So we all remember the tragic moment where good Janos Slynt, a victim of Westerosi elitism if there ever was one, was murdered in cold blood by Jon Snow under the guise of an execution. We all know that Jon was foaming at the mouth to avenge his treacherous father, a desire that could only be quenched with Janos Slynt's blood. This is despite the fact that we can see Jon's thoughts into the matter and they do not show this at all.

How can this be? How can Jon think he's lawfully executing Slynt for insubordination and to prevent plotting, but also just be a bloodthirsty avenger of a traitor? The answer is that Jon is not all there anymore. His conscious mind is lying to him to cover up his true reasons. It is one of the ego's defence mechanisms. Jon's consciousness is desperately trying to cover up the fact that it has lost control over Jon. Control over Jon has been usurped by his unconscious mind. The ruse is beginning to weaken. There are several moments where the illusion of conscious control slips and Jon admits what he really wants. Remember when he was fighting Emmet, had a black out and the next minute Emmet was savagely beaten? And there's more. 

With regards to Ygritte:

With regards to killing people:

What will happen next? When Jon comes back after the attack the mask will be off. We will see the true Jon Snow without his ego and superego there to hide him. Jon will be void of inhibitions and morality and will make all of his decisions based on the pleasure principle. Jon will join the Others due to his Death Drive.

Q.E.D.

Omg where did they bite you Peaches?

54 minutes ago, sifth said:

Truly the most evil character GRRM has ever written.

Jon Snow is not insane, he's a bastard and that's just how they are.  He should never have gone to the Wall but fought with Robb and died at the Whispering Wood like he was supposed to do.

2 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Jon Snow is not insane, he's a bastard and that's just how they are.  He should never have gone to the Wall but fought with Robb and died at the Whispering Wood like he was supposed to do.

Jon's guilt at being a bastard will just become too much for him and he'll go off the deep end.

Archived