Who do you see going to the Isle of Faces ?

Who do you see travelling by or going to the Isle of Faces, even by hazard or for a precise reason, to see what is really here or to seek advice and guidance from the Green Men, in future novels ?  

Also who do you think could have went here, without having told others about it, whenever they are deceased characters or not ?

Given the real estate constraints of the story, my guess is that Bran will visit via the weirwood net. What time he sees and who he observes would be the key questions.

Should Howland Reed ever appear in the story, he could also share his memories of visiting there, but Bran's weir-vision would be more dramatically satisfying in my opinion than an exposition dump.

Obviously a mystery about the Isle of Faces that GRRM has set up with this writing is the true nature of the Green Men. Are they men? Are they literal stag men? Are they something else? My take is C. And revealing their nature will help us understand more about the larger magical plot of the story.

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

All I'm saying is, if you are faceless, where better to get one than Isle of Faces?

Kind of seems like a bit of a set up, doesn't it?

I'm going to nominate Jamie for a future visit, perhaps guided or introduced by Howland Reed. I don't think LSH is going to end him, and I don't think that even if she kills him we'll be done with him, but I do think one way or another he will be her agent, at least for a time.

That mention of Jamie and Brienne going sure made me stop.  What for I wonder?  

Certainly I would imagine Bran and Meera going.  Maybe Jojen.  Not in visions, Gads no!  Let them bypass Winterfell and just pop up there from one of those under ground rivers.  Maybe find Benjen there.  

See, I would think that this Order of Green Men is some relic of the original wisest of the Children and First Men, presumably not too awfully changed over time.  This is where the last greenseer with minimal training would have to go, wouldn't he?  With the children and giants sailing for the west, I mean dying off, the last greenseer has to maintain the systems, right?  Someone has to teach him how to do that and the magic and all the other cool things greenseers do. 

I guess a chronicler might be called for.  Someone to write down the terms of tenancy, the many Pacts or maybe a New Pact--something between all the kingdoms new Nightswatch oaths?   Hrm, maybe things wouldn't end in Kings Landing if it's destroyed.  Perhaps the new Westeros would be made in a place like the God's Eye rather than strictly politically?  I almost like that. 

2 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

I guess a chronicler might be called for.  Someone to write down the terms of tenancy, the many Pacts or maybe a New Pact--something between all the kingdoms new Nightswatch oaths?   Hrm, maybe things wouldn't end in Kings Landing if it's destroyed.  Perhaps the new Westeros would be made in a place like the God's Eye rather than strictly politically?  I almost like that. 

Sam will write that, write about the histories, peoples, and places of the WOt5K and the fall of the Wall and the fight for Dawn.

2 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

People usually go to the Isle of Faces for counsel. Maybe Jon will need counsel? Bran obviously seems the most likely, Arya too, but Jon could really use some spiritual guidance, hopefully for when his story intertwines with Howland. 

Right.  But they don't all get in.  Velaryon and Reed are the only 2 we actually know got there though many have tried. 

54 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Sam will write that, write about the histories, peoples, and places of the WOt5K and the fall of the Wall and the fight for Dawn.

54 minutes ago, LongRider said:

That's who I was thinking then my thoughts got carried away a bit...

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

That's who I was thinking then my thoughts got carried away a bit...

Now I'm thinking he won't make it back to the Wall due to all the fighting and warring coming his way.

31 minutes ago, King Maekar I said:

I think the Pact, Long Night, Hammer of the Waters, and the Night’s King, all happened so long ago that people separated them. But I think all of them were around the same time. 

I don't know Man, The Wall was built in response to The Long Night and Others so probably not the Nights King or Hammer of the Waters.  The timeline is wonky, so who knows, but it does make a certain linear sense that the COTF would try to break Westeros to thwart the First Men then make a peace with them then have a cataclysm then maybe make another peace and build a wall only to have a dumbass abuse his power being there.  

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

I don't know Man, The Wall was built in response to The Long Night and Others so probably not the Nights King or Hammer of the Waters.  The timeline is wonky, so who knows, but it does make a certain linear sense that the COTF would try to break Westeros to thwart the First Men then make a peace with them then have a cataclysm then maybe make another peace and build a wall only to have a dumbass abuse his power being there.  

I think the NW was founded DURING the Long Night. The Night’s King betrayed the realms of men and children to join the Others. His defeat was when the Wall itself was built, Brandon the Builder was Brandon the Breaker. The Pact was between the FM, Children, and Others.

Archived