“King Robert with teats”

3 minutes ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Marwyn? He sounds like a hack. And may be the seneschal Quaithe warned Daenerys about.

I didn't see Pycelle as an idiot. Just a vile genius. That itself is fucked up.

I mean he's the only maester who knows how the glass candles work and knew maester Ameon's worth and wished he'd lived long enough to meet the man. Plus he believe in Sam's story about The Others and wishes to bring this news to Dany herself, believing she and her dragons are the key to stopping them. This doesn't sound like an idiot at all in my book.

Edited by sifth

1 minute ago, csuszka1948 said:

I disagree. Cersei doesn't even know about the wildfire planted in the capital and it's much more fitting if s dragon plays part in igniting it. I also don't see why would the pyromancers in the city obey her, nor how would she escape a burning capital.

I think it's much more likely (and fitting) that the smallfolk riots against her rule after the death of the former queen Margaery (probably at the hands of Varys, but she gets blamed - it would be a funny way for the Younger and More Beautiful Queen prophecy to bite her in the ass):and she gets forced to flee the city just like Rhaenyra after the death of the former queen Haelena in the first Dance.

She would arrive to Casterly Rock at the end of Winds, crowns herself Queen of the Rock and hatches some mad plan against her enemies during the Long Night.

A pyromancer can tell her that in exchange for a favor. And considering how Cersei will go nuts and sack competent people left and right I can see a pyromancer taking advantage of her mental state just like the pyromancers did for Aerys.

My guess is that Tommen dies and then without a king of the main "Baratheon" line there's nothing holding it together in the city. And as fAegon or Daenerys or both come barging in she lights up the wildfire to spite them all. 

She heads to Casterly Rock for her one last stand but at this point the people in the Westerlands and her own family have had had it and decide to turn her in. Jaime, when he realizes what his sister has become, kills her and might die in the process so that the two leave the world together.

Just now, sifth said:

I mean he's the only maester who knows how the glass candles work and knew maester Ameon's worth and wished he'd lived long enough to meet the man. Plus he believe in Sam's story about The Others and wishes to bring this news to Dany herself, believing she and her dragons are the key to stopping them. This doesn't sound like an idiot at all in my book.

Eh I'm pretty sure he got lucky. He was talking how maesters wanted to end of magic and I'm just like "who is this guy?" My guess is that he'll use Daenerys to boost his own goals and ego.

12 minutes ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Euron's too busy becoming whatever eldritch abomination he can be (though I am very worried how GRRM will pull that off since his appearance was so sudden, especially if the Deep Ones are involved). My guess is that she flees the capital the moment Tommen dies. 

Aeron has a number of visions in the Winds of Winter sample chapter. One of the visions, is Euron being intimate with a woman with blonde hair, nearly as cruel as himself. Aeron believes this person is Dany, but I believe it's Cersei.

Edited by sifth

1 minute ago, sifth said:

Aeron has a number of visions in the Winds of Winter sample chapter. One of the visions, is Euron being intimate with a woman with blonde hair, nearly as cruel as himself. Aeron's believes this person is Dany, but I believe it's Cersei.

Dunno. Could be Daenerys. She's got dragons after all. What does Cersei have besides her madness?

Just now, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Dunno. Could be Daenerys. She's got dragons after all. What does Cersei have besides her madness?

I hope it's not, because I really like Dany, but the ending of the show does make me wonder. I hope Dany's entire character arc doesn't get ruined, the way it happened on the tv show.

Just now, sifth said:

I hope it's not, because I really like Dany, but the ending of the show does make me wonder. I hope Dany's entire character arc doesn't get ruined, the way it happened on the tv show.

It makes sense that Euron would want her though. I hope Dany sees through him and refuses to take part in his shit.

10 hours ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Cersei's whole mood is "I'm surrounded by idiots and fools, ugh. This place would literally fall apart without me. Father would be so proud of me though." It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetically humorous.

and if i had a gold dragon for every time she threw around the word 'fool' in her chapters, i'd be filthy rich

Cersei wants to be surrounded by these fools. She's the one that's picking them. The funniest one was when she appoinited Aurane Waters, because he looked like her teenage crush.

4 hours ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

The more I looked into Pycelle the more I realized that him playing the fool was an act rather than his actual personality. Sure he got outsmarted by Tyrion one time, but other than that he's very good at tricking people into believing he's no threat when he's capable of backstabbing people like Ned and Aerys.

I suppose to be fair you could put anyone next to Cersei and they'll look like a political mastermind compared to her, but Pycelle in Feast definitely was trying to do his damn best to save the realm from Cersei's stupidity.

The show missed an opportunity to have scenes of Cersei arguing with Pycelle, Kevan, and basically anyone with good sense. It'd be like the Arya and Tywin scenes but instead of them getting along it's them arguing. 

The sad thing is that if it weren't for the Lannisters Pycelle could've been a decent Grand Maester. But he fanboyed over Tywin and ultimately served himself to be a toady at the cost to the realm.

To be far to Ned, he does realize that Pycelle is a Lannister crony by the end of his tenure. Still, Varys felt the need to kll him and Kevan off because Aegon was coming and they were stabilizing the realm, so he must have been competent at the very least.

Just now, Lee-Sensei said:

Cersei wants to be surrounded by these fools. She's the one that's picking them. The funniest one was when she appoinited Aurane Waters, because he looked like her teenage crush.

To be far to Ned, he does realize that Pycelle is a Lannister crony by the end of his tenure. Still, Varys felt the need to kll him and Kevan off because Aegon was coming and they were stabilizing the realm, so he must have been competent at the very least.

I just imagining a hypothetical scene in the show (that's actually good) where the small council loses their shit when Cersei claims why he appointed Aurane.

Kevan: "YOU CAN'T JUST HAVE HIM HERE BECAUSE HE'S HANDSOME!"

Cersei: "MY FATHER WAS HANDSOME AND AERYS HAD HIM HERE!"

Kevan: "THAT'S NOT WHY HE WAS CHOSEN! HE COULD'VE LOOKED LIKE TYRION AND AERYS WOULD-"

*Cersei throws a cup of wine at his direction*

CERSEI: "DON'T YOU EVER COMPARE TYRION TO FATHER. TYRION WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HIM. I AM THE ONLY ONE CAPABLE OF CARRYING ON HIS LEGACY!"

Kevan (thinking): "Oh gods we're so fucked with this bitch."

As for Varys, yeah he knew Pycelle well enough that getting him out of the way was necessary. All I can imagine now is him eating popcorn and watching Cersei drag the realm to the seven hells.

14 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

With Pycelle and Kevan gone, there really aren't a whole lot of competent Lannister leaders left. Genna and Daven are the only two I can think of and both aren't anywhere near Kings Landing, when last we saw them.

Edited by sifth

5 minutes ago, sifth said:

With Pycelle and Kevan gone, there really aren't a whole lot of competent Lannister leaders left. Genna and Daven are the only two I can think of and both aren't anywhere near Kings Landing, when last we saw them.

The only competent people in general are the Reachmen, and Cersei is definitely not going to be on good terms with them.

20 minutes ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

The only competent people in general are the Reachmen, and Cersei is definitely not going to be on good terms with them.

Better yet, Cersei will think the Reachmen probably are the ones who killed Kevan and Pycelle. Assuming this wasn't another "murder committed by Tyrion", ha ha ha

Not going to lie, the Kings Landing story is probably what I'm most looking forward to.

Edited by sifth

1 minute ago, sifth said:

Better yet, Cersei will think the Reachmen probably are the ones who killed Cersei and Pycelle. Assuming this wasn't another "murder committed by Tyrion", ha ha ha

Not going to lie, the Kings Landing story is probably what I'm most looking forward to.

I listened to a video about how GRRM might be having a lot of trouble with King's Landing because there are so many things at play. Cersei going bonkers, her trial, Robert Strong, fAegon, and the elephants in the room that are the wildfire caches. I'm very intrigued to see how it goes down. 

2 hours ago, sifth said:

Yeah. Jaimie's gone too. The rest are children. Maybe the Lannsters of Lannisport have someone competent? But they may be very distant relatives. If Cersei regains power, all hell will break loose.