UnJon: The Return of the King

19 hours ago, LongRider said:

Jon's only bleeding wound mentioned is not a big deal.  

The wound does not register as significant to Jon in the moment. 

'Jon twisted from the knife, just enough so it barely grazed his skin. He cut me me. When he put his hand to the side of his neck, blood welled between his fingers.'

But to us readers, I don't think it is insignificant that the next chapter starts with Barristan being reminded 'of the first blood welling from a wound. Often, even with a deep cut, the blood comes before the pain.'

Within 2 pages we have 2 mentions of blood welling. Jon can't see his own neck so he must have been judging the depth of the wound by how it felt - and we have just learnt that this feeling can be inaccurate and can happen with a deep wound.

On 5/31/2023 at 7:45 PM, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

So I think most people can agree, that when Jon is resurrected, he will come back a darker version of himself. 

I'll put myself in the minority and say that I am not fully convinced of this.

Lady Stoneheart came back darker, but how much of this change occurred before she even died? In her last moments Cat had lost everything and kept her pledge to kill Jinglebell so we have an alternative explanation for her dark pursuit of vengeance.

Contrast Beric, Thoros himself said Lord Beric's fire has gone out of this world, I fear. A grimmer shadow leads us in his place. Beric's first death came early and he was inspiring the smallfolk and pursuing honourable ideals well into his resurrections. When we see him the second time he is physically degraded, with memory loss, 'faded', but not necessarily darker.

And of course there is the difference in mechanism. When Beric and Cat were dead they were dead, their spirits were gone out in hell - Jon's spirit has a refuge in the living world. We know that a dead skinchanger will lose themself in their animal, so if Ghost were an ordinary wolf I think Jon might come back wilder, but Ghost is a creature of the old gods. So if we see a change in resurrected Jon I think we will see him more trusting of his instincts, and of magic - perhaps tapping further into his mostly latent prophetic gifts from his Targaryen side.

Jon is the return of the Night’s King. Instead of Corpse Queen, he will be the Corpse King.  Jon was not the sensible type while alive. He will be back angrier and more emotional than ever. He will go completely berserk after Arya dies.  

The only people who deserves his wrath are Roose, Theon, and Ramsay.  Nobody else need to get hurt. But his wrath will be such that many innocent people will die. He will let the Others through the gate. 

2 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon is the return of the Night’s King. Instead of Corpse Queen, he will be the Corpse King.  Jon was not the sensible type while alive. He will be back angrier and more emotional than ever. He will go completely berserk after Arya dies.  

The only people who deserves his wrath are Roose, Theon, and Ramsay.  Nobody else need to get hurt. But his wrath will be such that many innocent people will die. He will let the Others through the gate. 

This is all fanfic, Moraine. Worse, it’s really bad fanfic. Stick to your day job, writing clearly isn’t your métier. 

@Hugorfonics

I merely chose the grups for proximity. Bran is to far north to really interfere and Rickon to young to be relevant. But the theory would make Jon and Dany's histories parallel more (in a reverse way). Jon would conquer the North with an armie like the 'usurper' and the other Starke would be in exile (not due to Jon but it still counts) trying to reclaim their home.

Of course Dany is wrong because Stannis is our one true king.

Edited by Aerodimas

40 minutes ago, Buried Treasure said:

We know that a dead skinchanger will lose themself in their animal, so if Ghost were an ordinary wolf I think Jon might come back wilder, but Ghost is a creature of the old gods.

And how do you propose that Ghost will be able to release Jon's spirit?  Varamyr released Haggons spirit from his second life and his spirit died because his body was dead.  Jon's body is dead, even reanimated it's dead, just as GRRM said about Beric, his body was reanimated, and dead.  

Beric was killed by an enemy he was fighting; he was not assassinated by his own men.  His shade continued on in that vein.  LSH was being attacked, saw her son murdered right before her eyes and threatened and then did kill Jingle Bell.  She became an avenging revenant. 

Jon, was working on his project of preparing for the wight invasion he felt was coming, and also upset about the Pink Letter.  Then Wun Wun created a dangerous situation and then he was attacked by his own men.   Beric and Cat were killed by enemies, Beric as part of a battle sanctioned by the crown, Cat murdered by one of her family's banner man and Jon by his own men.  For each death the situation got worse and worse.

RLJ won't matter to a dead man, nor will Winterfell.  Those things matter to the living, Jon will be dead.

Edited by LongRider
corrected, Frey is banner men to Riverrun, which is held by Cat's family.

1 hour ago, Aerodimas said:

I merely chose the grups for proximity. Bran is to far north to really interfere

That's what Reek is for. He's used to being a puppet 

Rickon to young to be relevant

A boy has strings 

But the theory would make Jon and Dany's histories parallel more (in a reverse way). Jon would conquer the North with an armie like the 'usurper' and the other Starke would be in exile (not due to Jon but it still counts) trying to reclaim their home.

Yea! See it does sound fun. And Sansa would be like wtf? And they'll say it's cool Jon's really a Targaryen now besides look at Robbs will and Sansa will again say, wtf? And then they'll explain everything Jon's been through and Sansa will be like, step aside.

Of course Dany is wrong because Stannis is our one true king.

Lol nice.

What do you think the chances are of Stannis bending his knee to Jon Targaryen?

1 minute ago, Hugorfonics said:

That's what Reek is for. He's used to being a puppet 

A boy has strings 

Yea! See it does sound fun. And Sansa would be like wtf? And they'll say it's cool Jon's really a Targaryen now besides look at Robbs will and Sansa will again say, wtf? And then they'll explain everything Jon's been through and Sansa will be like, step aside.

Lol nice.

I doubt even an angry, pissed off Jon would fight his cousiblings. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

She may have nothing to do with it. She is probably gonna stay in the Riverlands, hunting Freys and Lannisters. I think Arya will bring her peace when she returns to Westeros

She's got Robbs crown and was last seen north of the neck.

You think Arya is going to kill her mother? What kinda Greek tragedy shit is this, and this would be good for Aryas psych? 

Catelyn's like not even 40, shes just a little banged up, no need for the Old Yeller treatment... Now if it's not her little girl with the shotgun who she still combs her hair for, maybe that dour guy who's probably permanently dour because of Catelyn?

Just now, Hugorfonics said:

She's got Robbs crown and was last seen north of the neck.

You think Arya is going to kill her mother? What kinda Greek tragedy shit is this, and this would be good for Aryas psych? 

Catelyn's like not even 40, shes just a little banged up, no need for the Old Yeller treatment... Now if it's not her little girl with the shotgun who she still combs her hair for, maybe that dour guy who's probably permanently dour because of Catelyn?

It’s mercy at this point

9 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol nice.

Na, i'm in the N+A team. And THAT would really piss Cat off.

8 hours ago, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

She may have nothing to do with it. She is probably gonna stay in the Riverlands, hunting Freys and Lannisters. I think Arya will bring her peace when she returns to Westeros

I hope that Petyr and her reunite. The culmination of asoiaf truest love story.