NFL Playoffs 2024: How The Hell Are The Lions In The Final Four??? Inconceivable!

9 hours ago, Kalbear said:

As the prophecy has foretold, Joe Flacco is going to the Colts. Finally Jace's prayers have been answered. 

You know what, I'm good with it. I came around on ol' Joe. He played like a gunslinger last year!

8 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

You know what, I'm good with it. I came around on ol' Joe. He played like a gunslinger last year!

He actually kinda outplayed Watson which has to be scary for the Browns.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

He actually kinda outplayed Watson which has to be scary for the Browns.

Oh for sure. He came out with nothing to lose and somehow played so well he made the Browns start to hate winning. 

That's fucking hard to do. To win so hard you make the entire organization look like clowns!

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Oh for sure. He came out with nothing to lose and somehow played so well he made the Browns start to hate winning. 

That's fucking hard to do. To win so hard you make the entire organization look like clowns!

Fun game, who deserves to be in the HoF more, Flacco or Eli? Eli has the two Owl edge, but otherwise their regular season stats are kind of similar more or less though Eli has nearly 50 more starts. Flacco's playoff career is better statistically, and he regularly won where Eli only won a playoff game in two seasons and the defense did most of the heavy lifting. 

Even though Felipe Rios never got his ring I'd put him in before either of them. Wasn't his fault his offensive line was cursed. Or really the whole team for that matter.

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Fun game, who deserves to be in the HoF more, Flacco or Eli? Eli has the two Owl edge, but otherwise their regular season stats are kind of similar more or less though Eli has nearly 50 more starts. Flacco's playoff career is better statistically, and he regularly won where Eli only won a playoff game in two seasons and the defense did most of the heavy lifting. 

Even though Felipe Rios never got his ring I'd put him in before either of them. Wasn't his fault his offensive line was cursed. Or really the whole team for that matter.

Eli, easy. I'll remember 18-1 forever. He'd be in for that alone to me.

Eta: 

Look, I got a lot of respect for Phil Rivers. Motherfucker beat my boys at home with a busted knee. Nothing but respect for that bastard. 

But this is the Hall of Fame. Not the Hall of Stats.

Edited by Jace, Extat

4 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Eli, easy. I'll remember 18-1 forever. He'd be in for that alone to me.

He barely did anything outside of a lucky ass throw. The D-line won that game by completely shutting down the run and making Brady have to make pretty much only turd short passes. They turned one of the best offenses ever into garbage. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

He barely did anything outside of a lucky ass throw. The D-line won that game by completely shutting down the run and making Brady have to make pretty much only turd short passes. They turned one of the best offenses ever into garbage. 

But what a fucking throw... 

Eli Manning is a hero and I'll hear no different.

Seriously, Eli took a beating in that game. He got turfed up by the last outing of one of the greatest defensive units of all time. Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrable, and Vince Wilfork. Rodney fucking Harrison!

Rodney Harrison, hanging off a guy's back with the superbowl on the line! 

Asante Samuel, with the ball going off his hands in the last drive!!! 

Are you fucking kidding me!?!?!

"One lucky throw." 

Aaron Donald is retiring.  Good for him, no need to hang on as your play declines.  He's got a ring and is without a doubt amongst the best ever.  The list of guys with comparable defensive careers this century is basically just JJ Watt and Ray Lewis. 

I'd add a few DBs to that list. Reed, Revis and Polamulo belong in that conversation as well. Probably Sherman and Champ too even though he never got a ring. Interesting to read the latter has the most passes defended despite no one ever wanting to throw at the guy he was covering. 

All those guys are good, but none impacted the defense the way that top 3 did.  To some extent that is just the nature of the position that pass rusher can influence the run and the pass in a way that a standout corner cannot.  Nnamdi Asomogha had so few passes thrown his way for two seasons in Oakland that you basically couldn't even assess how good he was.  And in both those years the Raiders defense was below average, because completely shutting off one receiver is only a modest setback for the offense.  (Not that Asomogha is an all time great.)

Donald retiring is great news for the Niners!  Loved Jon Feliciano's tweet on it. 

Agree with Maith for the most part - I don't think those secondary guys impacted the game like the other three.  

49 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

I don't know, Polumalu and Reed could win games by themselves. Maybe not quite so for the cornerbacks, who sometimes were written out of the game entirely. 

Polumalu would confuse the smartest QBs. Reed took away the center of the field. Sherman took away his quarter. Revis ended your best receiver. That shit matters, it just doesn't always show up on highlights like sacks do. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

They're probably the two best safeties of the modern era at the very least. 

Sure.  I mean, I think - if anyone wants to bring up others I'm open. 

I just don't think they affected the game at the level that Darnold, Watt, and Lewis did.

Also, if people want to say that's positional bias -- it is.  Dems the breaks.  You don't hear anyone talking about the top Offensive Lineman when they're talking about top offensive players either.