NFL Playoffs 2024: How The Hell Are The Lions In The Final Four??? Inconceivable!

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Sure.  I mean, I think - if anyone wants to bring up others I'm open. 

I just don't think they affected the game at the level that Darnold, Watt, and Lewis did.

Darnold stands out to me among the three. He's on the very short list of greatest defensive players ever. Watt probably is for most fans as well, but I think he got to feast on some pretty bad talent in that putrid division. Lewis had Idk maybe a five year window where he was great, but after that Suggs was clearly the better player. And I think Reed was more impactful than either of them. As the game changed to more of a passing offensive style having the player that totally ate up the middle of the field mattered more than a linebacker. A lot of teams treat it like RBs at this point unless you have someone great.

For sure, he's probably top 10 all-time. But let's not forget Bob Sanders won Manning his first ring and Miller won him his second. And the other Manning won two because of that scary D-Line.

QBs aren't everything. 

20 minutes ago, DMC said:

Also, if people want to say that's positional bias -- it is.  Dems the breaks.  You don't hear anyone talking about the top Offensive Lineman when they're talking about top offensive players either.

Damn. And they say I'm cold.

Meanwhile, you're underselling Ray Lewis. 5 years as a great? Try 10. He was the premier player of his generation!

5 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Meanwhile, you're underselling Ray Lewis. 5 years as a great? Try 10. He was the premier player of his generation!

Huh?

25 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

7 at best and one year he was hurt in that span. He never got many sacks, didn't force or recover that many fumbles and outside of one year didn't get many picks per season. He just got a lot of tackles.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

7 at best and one year he was hurt in that span. He never got many sacks, didn't force or recover that many fumbles and outside of one year didn't get many picks per season. He just got a lot of tackles.

But he was a leader of men! A heartstone from which his teammates drew strength and found purpose. His effect on the field made him great, his effect on the soul makes him legendary...

5 hours ago, Jace, Extat said:

But he was a leader of men! A heartstone from which his teammates drew strength and found purpose. His effect on the field made him great, his effect on the soul makes him legendary...

Domonique Foxworth said half the locker room rolled their eyes at him when he did is preacher shtick. 

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Sam Darnold had a defensive impact that Watt, Lewis, or even Lawrence Taylor could not match.  

Almost single handedly shut down the Jets offense.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Talk about selling low for the Bears. 

Yikes, indeed.  I like how Lance yielded a better pick than Fields.  Also like how Brock Purdy's only competition in both the 2021 and 2022 drafts when it comes to QBs is Trevor Lawrence.

That's also inevitably gonna be quite the controversy in Pittsburgh no matter who gets the job.  And those fucks love their football.  Interesting decision.