ADWD release date

JCrew

Yes, I admit fully that I'm a total newbie. But don't dump on my devotion. I love the series. But I'm new to the discussions. Are you all trying to tell me that it will be 15 years until i read the 7th book?

Yes, I admit fully that I'm a total newbie. But don't dump on my devotion. I love the series. But I'm new to the discussions. Are you all trying to tell me that it will be 15 years until i read the 7th book?

It's best to think thirty and them be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier. ;)

If ever......

Na, it'll be 14 years for you to read the 6th book, and then GRRM will mysteriously vanish and go into hiding with Elvis right when he's in the middle of the final book, leaving no notes behind and incinerating the document if anyone comes in a 5 foot radius.

Life's tough.

I'm hoping that we see ADwD by July '08, but since I've joined this forum many GRRM lovers/haters who have admittedly been waiting longer than I have, are convincing me that in fact the series will never be completed and we'll be hanging around responding to these kinds of posts for the rest of our (un)natural lives

I was very optimistic in the last prediction thread, I said december 2006. Now I don't know, december 2007. doesn't seem possible, and december 2008. is scary.

good point, i thought i was being optimistic by saying during the tenure of the next president, i may have to change to the one after that, so... 2012-2016, unless the next one is a double termer like bush and clinton before him, so possibly even 2016-2020, so i have covered somewhere between 2009-2020. should work... i hope.

Merged the topic since there's an identical one going on already.

My guess? May 2008. If GRRM handed in ADWD tomorrow it wouldn't be released before the end of 2007 (going by ASoS and AFFC's turnaround) anyway, which puts us into next year.

Elcid's video in his avatar is from Clerks 2 if I'm not mistaken...

And to stay on topic, I'd say sometime late '08 would be the best guess sadly.

Archived