Denver 2008

Yup, with the price of oil, flight prices are rather nasty compared to LA 2 years ago. :( I think its unlikely that oil prices will decrease, so this is probably as good as we can hope for. Airlines are doing their Summer sales right now also.

Also, Worldcon is on at the peak August period this year. In LA it was around the end of August/beginning of September, which is a slightly cheaper time to fly.

The only solace we can take is that once we get to the US things should look reasonably cheap because of the weak dollar.

Yup, with the price of oil, flight prices are rather nasty compared to LA 2 years ago. :( I think its unlikely that oil prices will decrease, so this is probably as good as we can hope for. Airlines are doing their Summer sales right now also.

Also, Worldcon is on at the peak August period this year. In LA it was around the end of August/beginning of September, which is a slightly cheaper time to fly.

The only solace we can take is that once we get to the US things should look reasonably cheap because of the weak dollar.

Well, we've taken the plunge and bought our tickets, so if they go down in price, you shall be blamed, Pod!!!! :|

Well, we've taken the plunge and bought our tickets, so if they go down in price, you shall be blamed, Pod!!!! :|

And the difference in price taken out of your hide ::grrrrr:: (:P)

N

:D

Eek - return flights still seem about £150-200 more expensive than when I went to the US the same time last year :o

Ditto. £571 for a transatlantic round trip? Bargain!

Where did you buy that one from Malt? And which airports/days? I seem to be getting £640 as around the cheapest :cry:

Eek - return flights still seem about £150-200 more expensive than when I went to the US the same time last year :o

Where did you buy that one from Malt? And which airports/days? I seem to be getting £640 as around the cheapest :cry:

I did a Google search for "Manchester Denver flights" to find it - it's out on Monday the 4th and back the following Monday. It was this site

I did a Google search for "Manchester Denver flights" to find it - it's out on Monday the 4th and back the following Monday. It was this site

Ah - thanks Malt :) I had assumed London would be cheapest... but going from Manchester seems cheaper... interesting.

I live in Denver and think I would like to go. Tell me it's going to be AWESOME and you'll probably have me. Also, if anyone has Denver questions, airport, hotel, things to do, etc. I'll do my best to field them in the meantime.

What does one do at these things anyway?

What to do at a WorldCon? Sit in a few panels and listen to your favorite authors weigh in on various topics. Go to a reading or three. Filk, if you dare. There's tons of great stuff in the dealers room (books for every budget, other random stuff). The art auction is always interesting. Then there are the semi-official activities like meet-and-greets, movie screenings, and there's usually a couple of parties going each night.

Archived