College Basketball 2

Rhom

On another note, I'm in 3 pools (I'll be joining Ydub's one tonight). I've only participated in one pool for March Madness each year in the past so I'm wondering how you guys do multiple pools. Do you have radically different brackets for each one or similar brackets with a couple of team switches (e.g. 1 where UCLA beats Memphis in FF, and another one where Memphis beats UCLA)?

Just curious.

Myself, I always err on the safe side and I'm so conservative that all my brackets usually end up looking the same with a couple of upsets mixed in here and there to account for the Cinderellas. But yah, I fall into your latter category. And because I'm a homer and we have a good chance as anyone else to win it this year, 99.9% of my brackets have us winning it all.

GET READY! IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR ARIZONA TO DESTROY WEST VIRGINIA!!!!

YW

I really hope so, I think I'm going to go against my good sense and pick Zona to advance. That's going to be a good game though, I'll definitely be watching that one.

Myself, I always err on the safe side and I'm so conservative that all my brackets usually end up looking the same with a couple of upsets mixed in here and there to account for the Cinderellas. But yah, I fall into your latter category. And because I'm a homer and we have a good chance as anyone else to win it this year, 99.9% of my brackets have us winning it all.

Same here. Including the board bracket I'm doing 3 of them this year. My picks varied a little bit for the earlier games, but I've got the same Final Four and National Champion in all of them. In a way, I kind of hated to do that because I have a fairly questionable pick in my Final Four and I'd like to do well in at least one of the pools. But I do have a (mostly) unfounded feeling about a certain Big East team making the Final Four, and it's not West Virginia or Georgetown. :)

Just filled out my bracket, and there's so much chalk that there's probably a dead body in the middle...

I'm just not feeling a lot of upsets this year. But, I just don't care too much about my bracket, as long my Jayhawks make the E8 I'll be content, if they make the F4 I'll be happy, win the Championship and I'll be drunk for like three days (and unbelievably ecstatic).

I put in an entry in the ASOIAF pool. Haven't watched all that much hoops this year, but enough to have an opinion on the top teams. Put Kansas in the final despite my belief that Bill Self cannot coach in the NCAA tournament. Their trip is just too easy this year. Have them losing to UCLA for the title.

Same here. Including the board bracket I'm doing 3 of them this year. My picks varied a little bit for the earlier games, but I've got the same Final Four and National Champion in all of them. In a way, I kind of hated to do that because I have a fairly questionable pick in my Final Four and I'd like to do well in at least one of the pools. But I do have a (mostly) unfounded feeling about a certain Big East team making the Final Four, and it's not West Virginia or Georgetown. :)

If it's Louisville, then I think you've got a fairly decent pick there. I've got a Big 10 team in the FF. Perhaps I've filled out one too many brackets...

Just filled out my bracket, and there's so much chalk that there's probably a dead body in the middle...

I'm just not feeling a lot of upsets this year. But, I just don't care too much about my bracket, as long my Jayhawks make the E8 I'll be content, if they make the F4 I'll be happy, win the Championship and I'll be drunk for like three days (and unbelievably ecstatic).

Are you sure REG? Would you really be content with an EE? You guys got a FF team, wouldn't you be disappointed that you didn't at least get that far? Last year, I felt that we had a FF team, and it was absolutely disheartening to get taken out in the EE. I will only be content with a FF this year. Everything after that is pretty much gravy.

I also have UCLA beating KU in the final. Going a little more risky with my other Final Four picks: Louiville and Stanford....

And i have USC in the 8 losing to KU, knocking off Georgetown.

Stanford is an interesting pick. I was tempted to pick them as a dark horse out of that region. But because they couldn't beat UCLA once this season, I decided against it.

Yeah, the only reason I have Stanford winning it all in my bracket (other than I'm nuts) is that I'm pretty confident we'll beat UCLA if we see them again on a more neutral court. We lost to them at home early in the season by 9, and then played them two down-to-the-wire games, one of which came down to that foul cal; and both of these were in LA, one at UCLA, and the other in the Staples Center for the PAC-10s. I think at this point, we can beat them on neutral ground.

My real concern is getting through Texas. I think we match up acceptably against UNC, and I don't know a whole lot about Kansas, so I kind of went chalk in their bracket.

ETA: Though, with that said, I picked Wash St. to beat NC. Sooo... I dunno. I just feel like a lot of teams East haven't seen that sort of ridiculous, ugly, grind D.

ETA: Though, with that said, I picked Wash St. to beat NC. Sooo... I dunno. I just feel like a lot of teams East haven't seen that sort of ridiculous, ugly, grind D.

Nothing wrong about that. I have WSU upsetting UNC in my bracket (but not in my office bracket, which will make me antsy come game time). I think WSU has a good chance to do some damage in this tournament (considering their offensive and defensive efficiency and playing in the P10).

Are you sure REG? Would you really be content with an EE? You guys got a FF team, wouldn't you be disappointed that you didn't at least get that far? Last year, I felt that we had a FF team, and it was absolutely disheartening to get taken out in the EE. I will only be content with a FF this year. Everything after that is pretty much gravy.

Yeah, I'd be content with an E8. I've come to realize that the tourney is such a crapshoot, and there is sooooooo much luck involved in winning it that my expectations don't get wildly out of control (anymore :P). I feel we have a national championship team (not just a F4 team), but that luck factor really throws me off. And personally I'm not feeling too lucky right now (I blew out my ACL a month ago :thumbsdown: ). So yeah, I'd be content - but not happy - with an E8.

Stanford is an interesting pick. I was tempted to pick them as a dark horse out of that region. But because they couldn't beat UCLA once this season, I decided against it.

Stanford could beat UCLA this season, they just couldn't beat UCLA and the Pac 10 refs ;)

aaaaannnd they're off.

Georgia making an early statement to Xavier in the first half - maybe the SEC Tourney magic carries forward...

as expected, Kansas is pasting Portland State.

(cough cough) hmm...feeling sick, might need to leave early today.

aaaaannnd they're off.

Georgia making an early statement to Xavier in the first half - maybe the SEC Tourney magic carries forward...

as expected, Kansas is pasting Portland State.

(cough cough) hmm...feeling sick, might need to leave early today.

Yea, you do not sound that good online :P. You might be contagious you should go home before you infect the people that you work with. :sick:

Jim Rome had this awesome rant on how you have to start acting like you're sick on Monday but refuse to go home because you are serious about your job. Everyone will respect you thinking that you're "playing hurt." But then by Thursday, you just can't hack it anymore and you have to take a day off or you'll never recover. Everyone appreciates the hard work you've been doing while ill for the first three days of the week while under the whether. Then you're crushing beers and nachos by 10:00 am Thursday.

Haha, good advice.

My co-worker took today and tomorrow off because he needed to "go back home to Atlanta to fix [his] house because it was damaged by some tornadoes." Tornadoes! Ha!

Whew, I had Xavier winning the first two rounds. Nice comeback against a very game Bulldog team.

Up to about a minute left I thought Georgia might pull it off, but just not to be. Was very close to picking them in this game too - would have been a loss for me, but a great glass slipper story.

Edit: Now c'mon Kentucky...upset upset...c'mon Cats

I had Xavier, but found myself rooting for Georgia. I was hoping their luck would hold out for them a little while longer considering what they've been through this season. I don't have Xavier going far though, I got Purdue taking them out.

Some of you guys got me really doubting my Stanford pick now. Urgh.

REG, how has that ACL healed up? How'd you do it?

I just checked one of my brackets. Since the tourney started we can see who everyone else picked. In that particular group I am one of only two who picked Kansas to win it all and the other person has gotten one wrong already, will be awesome for me if Kansas pulls it off.

Archived