WoW - more cotninuation

TerraPrime

Anna, You need to educate your players. If they won't can't learn then you need to replace them. I know you and Billy and Neil are all very good players. Those of you who do know your stuff need to sit down those that don't know and have a come to jesus meeting. With the gold earned doing dailies there is no excuse to not have the right gems.
Farming resist gear sucks, but it needs to be done. If people want to raid they need to put in the work. You cant have half the raid dragging the other half with them. Bringing those who dont care to put in any effort isnt fair to those who do.

that's almost sort of a good build. it's on the right track......

the chest piece dropped off nightbane and it almost destroyed my Kara team. it was absolutely retarded.
I got nothing from the entire clear of Kara even though several things I would have liked dropped.

I've been thinking about a new guild. maybe it's time to consider it seriously.

Panzar'thar is much sought after, but... how did it almost destroy the group?

Only the two tanks, assuming both are plate wearers, should even consider rolling on it. Any dps warrior, dps paladin, or healing paladin, shouldn't even consider it until the tanks both have it or something at least as good.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1300908' date='Apr 4 2008, 12.06']that's almost sort of a good build. it's on the right track......

the chest piece dropped off nightbane and it almost destroyed my Kara team. it was absolutely retarded.
I got nothing from the entire clear of Kara even though several things I would have liked dropped.

I've been thinking about a new guild. maybe it's time to consider it seriously.[/quote]

Blue are you main tanking these runs?
any good raid should be most concerned with getting its tanks geared up as highest priority.
Off spec gear, sure that can go to dps, but panzar'thar goes to the main tank unless they have better.

[quote]Sunwell is hard as fuck. Brutalis down tho. After a week of trying....

Im close to being done with WoW. Once we clear sunwell i dont think i will have any desire whatsoever to raid again, which just leaves some pvp. My characters are worth about 600 bucks a pop and i have 30k gold i could sell so im seriously thinking of cashing in and moving on to something else. i don't see what else this game really has to offer.[/quote]

What guild/server you in? We got our first full night of attempts on Brut last night, had some <5% wipes, should be able to down him on Sunday. The DPS is just about where we need it to be I think. Why do you think you'll lose your desire to raid once you have Sunwell clear? Once all 3 bosses are out, it will probably be June, which means that it will most likely only be 5, 6 more months until WotLK ^^.

[quote name='RaceBannon42' post='1300956' date='Apr 4 2008, 10.33']Blue are you main tanking these runs?
any good raid should be most concerned with getting its tanks geared up as highest priority.
Off spec gear, sure that can go to dps, but panzar'thar goes to the main tank unless they have better.[/quote]
nope I'm not the main tank, they wont let me, it's a long long story and it's absolutely retarded.
It comes down to a lot of false promises and crap that I wont get into.

I guess what it comes down to is, they wont let me tank ever but wont give me any DPS gear either.

[quote name='word' post='1300980' date='Apr 4 2008, 12.46']What guild/server you in? We got our first full night of attempts on Brut last night, had some <5% wipes, should be able to down him on Sunday. The DPS is just about where we need it to be I think. Why do you think you'll lose your desire to raid once you have Sunwell clear? Once all 3 bosses are out, it will probably be June, which means that it will most likely only be 5, 6 more months until WotLK ^^.[/quote]

im on malganis.

im just....tired of WoW. I dont even log on to my pally any more for fear of being asked to raid. Ive been pvping on my druid (full s3 now) but thats gettin boring too.

Im gettin offers of up to $1,000 for the paladin +10k gold, so maybe ill sell him and keep the druid.

Blue Rose,

-That spec sucks ass. I mean....it sucks ASS. 2/3 improved REND? That warrior does not deserve to call themselves a tank. I won't even get into 1h specialty. Jeez. it made me cringe.

-If you're offtank, you need to expect to gear up the MT first. Yeah, it sucks. All tanks start as an offtank. Outperform them; people will notice. Waiting your turn sucks, but I would not sweat it. Again, we've all been there.

However, if the gear went to a DPS warrior/holy pally/ret pally.... /gquit now.

[quote name='Stego' post='1301329' date='Apr 4 2008, 14.29']Blue Rose,

-That spec sucks ass. I mean....it sucks ASS. 2/3 improved REND? That warrior does not deserve to call themselves a tank. I won't even get into 1h specialty. Jeez. it made me cringe.

-If you're offtank, you need to expect to gear up the MT first. Yeah, it sucks. All tanks start as an offtank. Outperform them; people will notice. Waiting your turn sucks, but I would not sweat it. Again, we've all been there.

However, if the gear went to a DPS warrior/holy pally/ret pally.... /gquit now.[/quote]
no I know it was a pretty ugly spec, I was joking.

the tank thing in our guild is so messed up. Pretty much they brought in this tank from another guild "to help us get started in Kara" and he has never left and every 3 weeks or so they say oh yeah you can tank next week. but it never happens.
and there's no way in hell I'll ever out gear the guy, he doesnt work and he plays all the time and does the heroic daily every day.
Also, the main healer priestess doesnt like me, so she always wants to heal that other tank.

I was the guild's MT for a year before they brought in this guy. and the ONLY thing my guild ever does is kara, we never even 5 man. So I never tank anything, at all.

Blue Rose,
All I can say is...
If your not having fun with your $15/month...then its time for a change. Raiding is fun, I love to raid. I love to see my guild mates get gear. But, I also like to get stuff too. If you raid in any respectable guild, there should be some kind of chance for getting upgrades for everyone (maybe not this week, but sometime in the future). DKP, rolling, what have you....

Anyway, just my $0.02

In other news, I got that really neat Lightning Capacitor on Wednesday night, go me!! I am sure all the veteran DPSers here have it..but it is a blast so far to see it tick. Won me a few PvP matches on the Sun Isle today as I was trying to get dailies done. Oh...Im ganked!! NOT!! Muahahahahaha....down with the Horde! :) I really like the new area. A day has not gone by that I get at least 200 honor while doing my dailies. Of course I do my share of corpse running too...but hey, all is fair on a PvP server.

Hasta!
Stark Out!

It's been 4 months since i last played WoW. It was getting too boring and repetitive. There isn't much to do at lower level other than Quest and Grind. And for lower level instances, it takes ages to get a group going and its not really worth the wait.

After grinding for the last week of my play time, i was just sick of it. But now i'm getting the urge again, but with uni and work its hard to find time for WoW :(

[quote name='the winged shadow' post='1301831' date='Apr 5 2008, 02.05']It's been 4 months since i last played WoW. It was getting too boring and repetitive. There isn't much to do at lower level other than Quest and Grind. And for lower level instances, it takes ages to get a group going and its not really worth the wait.

After grinding for the last week of my play time, i was just sick of it. But now i'm getting the urge again, but with uni and work its hard to find time for WoW :([/quote]

Not sure what server you are on, but there are a couple good guilds represented here. I know in the guild we have on Malfurion wednesday night is dedicated to running lower levels through instances, and there are always people around to help out when you need it.

[quote name='Swordfish' post='1302054' date='Apr 6 2008, 03.49']Not sure what server you are on, but there are a couple good guilds represented here. I know in the guild we have on Malfurion wednesday night is dedicated to running lower levels through instances, and there are always people around to help out when you need it.[/quote]
Yeah, i heard about that.....AFTER i had my rogue on lvl 30-ish on Detheroc :cry: . And i just couldnt be bothered going through ALL that grinding and questing again on Malfurion. Maybe i will roll one there next time i get more time.

[quote name='the winged shadow' post='1302350' date='Apr 5 2008, 17.55']Yeah, i heard about that.....AFTER i had my rogue on lvl 30-ish on Detheroc :cry: . And i just couldnt be bothered going through ALL that grinding and questing again on Malfurion. Maybe i will roll one there next time i get more time.[/quote]

heh... totally understandable.....

The slow and steady progress in Kara continued at the weekend. Got Maiden down after we changed our strategy somewhat (rather than the tank drag Maiden to a healer during Repentance, one stepped into the ring to take the hit to break it), and then on to Opera. Got R & J, which our experienced raid leader told us was the hardest, but we managed it after two wipes and it seemed fairly easy. Before we attempt Curator next week, raid leader suggested we farm up some Arcane Resistance gear.

Any suggestions? I got some random green ring drop in Moroes room last weekend with Arc Resistance, plus the druid buff provides some obviously.

Aratan

[quote name='Mister Manticore' post='1304035' date='Apr 7 2008, 09.50']Don't bother. Curator is a pansy if you have the DPS to hit his orbs quick, and then switch to him on Evocates.

If you really want though:

[url="http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filter=minrl=70;cr=25;crs=1;crv=0"]http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filter...=25;crs=1;crv=0[/url][/quote]

Thanks MM. Yeah, I read elsewhere that you can do the fight without AR gear. Interesting that Wowhead did not pick up Enchanted Clefthood on your search, which is what I would want as druid.

Aratan

[quote name='Mister Manticore' post='1304078' date='Apr 7 2008, 10.27']Hmm, I thought I saw it. Oh wait, I see, I put 70 in there. The Enchanted Clefthoof comes in at 69. My bad. Was just trying to exclude the 60 gear, shoulda stuck with 61 or something.[/quote]

Clarity restored. Thanks!

Aratan

That tank with the bad spec (and did you check his gear, for gemming without a single solid star!?) is one I threw in; he was main tanking the alt Karazhan run I was in on Friday. Which, frankly, went better than I expected. Everyone there is an alt of a character raiding SSC; and the last time I was there they took 4 hours to reach Curator. This time, a little over four hours, and we downed everything. No loot, but got my 22 badges on the rogue and can now afford both fists the second the new badge loot becomes available.

Otherwise, spent the weekend doing dailies and heroic Magister's Terrace. Two full runs on the rogue, half a run on the paladin; Delrissa was just too rough with the group makeup we had; too little crowd control available really knocked us down. Picked up a dagger offhand to use until I get the fists, and lost out on the expertise trinket to the tank (but he's an actual friend, so eh).

We're over 50% on the anvil now. I suspect there's another batch of quests to do before she'll start selling, though.

BlueRose, I'll start this by saying I'm terrible at dealing with personal problems. But it sounds to me like you need to have a talk with the guild and ask them if they intend to treat you any differently; if not, you may want to explore other options. If it comes to it, I think I have invite privileges, and if I don't, well, I have the guild leader's account info.

Unless you aren't confident in the healer's ability to heal bursts on semi-random people, forget arcane resist gear for Curator. We've never used it, and our kills have been faster than any I've been part of that did use an arcane resist offtank.

Archived