World of Warcraft

TerraPrime

[quote name='Greywolf2375' post='1638386' date='Jan 5 2009, 13.52']Wait. What? No where have I found that I could trade those things in for anything but drinks, and even those I didn't get rep for. Where are you trading them in - or am I misunderstanding?[/quote]

It's supposed to happen in a future patch - not in game yet.

[url="http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/12/15/relics-of-ulduar-and-iron-boot-flask-changed-in-patch-3-0-8/"]http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/12/15/relic...in-patch-3-0-8/[/url]

[quote name='Aratan' post='1638367' date='Jan 5 2009, 13.20']I'm saving all my Ulduar relics for subsequent toons needing rep with Sons of Hodir. Sure, I probably need a metric sh*tload of them, but when they become non-soulbound, rep grind should be a hell of a lot easier. The fewer times I have to do those dailies, the better.[/quote]

I've been stockpiling them myself, got around 210 so far. Haven't seriously quested in Storm Peaks yet, but I may take my paladin there shortly. But he needs to stockpile Adder's Tongue... while the DK will need to farm one or two mobs there for a pattern... and I want to avoid doubling up zones initially. I'll figure something out.

Thanks for the advice guys. I cant for the life of me find whatever tanking trinket I used to use in Kara, but I traded out that embarrassing skygard piece for a better DPS one at least for now. I got the mats for the gun, just need to find myself an engineer today. And if I do today's heroic daily I can get the new badge belt... somehow I missed the obvious of making one myself, I'll have to look at that when I get home. I'm working on the Argent Crusade for my head enchant.

Apparently, we are starting 10 man Naxx this weekend. I guess we're pugging the rest of the spots, because my group only has 7 people in it.

:lol: I see that I have my fishing pole in my armory, I really have 532 def with my sword and board right now.

[quote name='Aratan' post='1638394' date='Jan 5 2009, 13.04']It's supposed to happen in a future patch - not in game yet.

[url="http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/12/15/relics-of-ulduar-and-iron-boot-flask-changed-in-patch-3-0-8/"]http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/12/15/relic...in-patch-3-0-8/[/url][/quote]
Oh, ok...I mean, they weren't my favorite to do, I don't think I loathed them as much as others, but if I could turn in the gazillion I picked up instead of stabbing the dragon in the throat, I would.

well, maybe I would do that one and not do the rest.

Dailies and sleep. Still 6 days of Sons of Hodir to exalted, by which point I'll probably be sitting on 300 or so relics, a good jump start for the paladin.

We're supposed to start Naxx on Thursday, but we're kinda short at least one person, our third healer isn't 80 yet (79, but I'm not sure how functional he'll be as he's been sick), and our blood DK is only 77 so he'll be respec'ing his warrior fury for the night (since the group he raids with on his warrior is on a 6 week hiatus for some reason... and will probably collapse, from what I've heard).

My computers performance is total ass. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I've defragged. Checked for viruses, spyware, adware etc. Upgraded the videocard, added more RAM, Turned my video setting down to the lowest settings, and I still drop under 5fps on some fights. I'm pulling my hair out on Sarth plus 2 drakes last night. By the time I can turn and look for the hole in the flame wall I dont have time to get there. At this point I think I need to just back up everything and reformat my HD.

That sucks Steve. :( Hope it sorts itself out.

We're gonna do Naxx tonight...well, maybe. Apparently the instance server has been vomiting up its innards since about Saturday and was still in the process of doing so last night, so God only knows if it's even worth trying.

Our second priest hasn't signed up and the ret paladin with a lvl 80 priest alt is on holiday, so my guess is Raz won't be doable for us anyway. Ah well. :)

Since the question is posed as the title to this thread, yes, I hit 80 last night on my resto shaman. Levelled up completely as resto, and almost completely solo, hitting Borean, Howling, Dragonblight and Grizzly, and saving the rest of the zones for cash rewards.

Made the final push in my first COS instance run, lost DPS early in the run, so 4 manned it with DK tank till final boss. Got 3 armor upgrades and dinged at the quest turn in after final boss, repair damage 47s 13c.

On to raiding, heroics and rep grind.

I got the tanking gun and badge belt after a heroic UK last night, so I'm finally at the defense cap even without the head and shoulder enchants.

I have somehow been nominated to come up with a name for our guild, because I "read a lot of books." Do you guys have any suggestions? I really am having trouble coming up with anything good.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1639696' date='Jan 6 2009, 15.07']I have somehow been nominated to come up with a name for our guild, because I "read a lot of books." Do you guys have any suggestions? I really am having trouble coming up with anything good.[/quote]

Pick something from a Jack Vance book, he always comes up with great names for religions, organizations and so forth -

IPCC, Quantorsi, Alphanor Concourse, Oikumene, The Demon Princes, The Killing Machines, The Squared Circle immediately spring to mind, but there are plenty more.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1639696' date='Jan 6 2009, 13.07']I got the tanking gun and badge belt after a heroic UK last night, so I'm finally at the defense cap even without the head and shoulder enchants.

I have somehow been nominated to come up with a name for our guild, because I "read a lot of books." Do you guys have any suggestions? I really am having trouble coming up with anything good.[/quote]

Mord Sith
Hogwarts
Exalted with your Mom

But actually, ASOIAF has a lot of good ones.
Brotherhood without Banners
The Nightswatch
The Kingsguard
The Bloody Mummers
The Brave Companions
Fire and Blood
We do not Sow
House Targaryen
Ours is the Fury
The Kingswood Brotherhood

were all names we considered.

One of my old favorites, not applicable due to special circumstances, is
<Bedemus' Pet>

Basically, get 9 druids. Replace 'Bedemus' with the name of a hunter. Go into WSG as a hunter with an actual pet and 9 druid pets. Preferably all feral.

For ASOIAF, I like
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

As a joke on the implication that they don't read, suggest to them <The Illiterati>

The best guild name currently on AD US, in my book, is <Gnomes Will Eat You>.

Really, first question is what type of guild name is wanted. Where on the serious to humorous scale? Where on the meaningful to us only or to everyone scale?

[quote name='RaceBannon42' post='1639854' date='Jan 6 2009, 16.28']The Nightswatch[/quote]

For me, it'd be no contest to use this one... except for Blizzard's deciding to call the guys hanging out in Darkshire "The Night Watch". Always figured it had to be an ASOIAF reference, given they do all dress in black, but the similarities end there, so I don't know. But I think otherwise, even if you were borrowing from another source, a guild with the Night's Watch words at its center would be pretty cool, even if you're not playing on an RP server. Because really, what's a raiding guild in Northrend if not the fire that burns against the cold?

EDIT: While I'm at it, a raid rant.

Was invited to a 10-man Naxx last night, continuing from prior nights where all bosses were cleared except the back three of the Construct Quarter - and of course, Sapph and KT. A couple of people from a frequent heroic team of mine were in the raid, including the MT, who was the raid leader. Now, I've never been to Naxx in its current incarnation before and I only ever saw the Spider Wing with a lol zerg pug in the BC era.

The RL, who'd been in there for at least two full clears, was having a "bad night" and had absolutely no idea how the fight mechanics went. For Grobbulus, I get told to stand right at the very edge of green shit and it will cleanse the infection and stop spawning the stuff. After I faceplanted thanks to this poor advice, I realized the actual mechanic had nothing to do with cleansing the shit and everything to do with keeping the spawns away from the raid. OK, whatever. Next, Gluth. "OK, we need a third tank to round up the zombies and keep them kind of near him so they get affected by Decimate" She calls for us to start AOEing before the Decimate started. You can guess he healed to full.

Throughout all this it seemed like we had someone going AFK after every pull, and after every wipe there was retarded shit with people dying to the Frogger slimes and people falling off pipes and having to run again. We make it to Thaddius. There is a lot of agony over the directionally-challenged as to which side is "left" and which is "right" so we know what to do when the charges hit. We pull the platform guys, and my platform gets nuked by the Tesla Coil because the MT's pulled our guy far away from the lightning. On Vent, the RL goes, "Why did everybody in Group 2 just die?" I'm like, "Uhh, we just got two-shotted by the tesla coil." RL: "What Tesla Coil?"

Next attempt. We now know (and more importantly, the RL knows) not to let the two platform guys get far away from the Tesla Coil. The adds get smoked. Two DPS die because a healer couldn't jump down to Thaddius' platform. We wipe from the enrage timer with the boss having about 400k left. OK, fine, that one's not on the RL.

Next attempt. Everything moves smoothly until the first polarity shift. All the agony over explaining the strategy was so that the positive people would always pass to the south and the negative people would always pass to the north. The tank was also to turn him around based on charge. We get to the first shift, and the RL (standing on the positive side) says on Vent, "I've got negative, all negatives come stand on me for the damage buff." All the positive charged people went there because that was the strategy we were told before we started fighting; all the negative charged people went because they were listening on Vent. I believe the entire raid died within one second.

Grief, angst and gnashing of teeth. Next attempt. Somehow, one of the tanks fell off the platform with the two guys having about 50k health left each, the one on my platform evade bugged and healed to full, the one on the other died and was rezzed to full. Since a tank was [i]in the poison down below[/i], there was death and we wiped.

I left.

My hunter buddy insisted every boss the previous night was a one-shot and the RL knew everything about every fight, but I was not impressed with that. I'm not anybody's super leet raider, but when I go in raids I sure expect the person giving the instructions on Vent to have even the slightest awareness of the unique mechanics for each encounter. I could have done a better job explaining things with only the vaguest familiarity I had from reading about the old 40-man strategies back in the day.

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1639899' date='Jan 6 2009, 14.06']Really, first question is what type of guild name is wanted. Where on the serious to humorous scale? Where on the meaningful to us only or to everyone scale?[/quote]
They said it either have to be funny or really cool. I dont know... we tried voting on one last night and it just didnt go well at all. I think meaningful just to our crew would be fine. Personally, I think being called <House Targaryen> would be great, especially since my toon is called Rhaenerys, but it wouldnt mean anything to the rest of them so I cant see it getting voted in.

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1639910' date='Jan 6 2009, 14.15']For me, it'd be no contest to use this one...[/quote]
And except for the fact that when I looked it up in the Armory, there are 29 other guilds called "the Night's Watch."

Well, I came back from 1.5 weeks of no WoW today. Did the heroic (no legs from VH, fuck you Cyanigosa), did some dailies, was headed to the Basin when I suddenly remembered "Hey, my egg should be hatched by now".

I open it up.

[url="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44707"]Reins of the Green Proto-Drake[/url]

Fuck YA!!

[quote name='the winged shadow' post='1640240' date='Jan 7 2009, 00.09']Gratz Dude!!!

Oh, Exalted with your mum FTW! (will it be allowed?)[/quote]

Our all gnome guild "Night Elf Abortion Clinic" got it's named changed in under 2 hours.

But I think "Exalted with your mom" will fly.

Archived