World of Warcraft

TerraPrime

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1640339' date='Jan 7 2009, 04.05']Why are most melee, [b]especially DPS warriors[/b], total mouthbreathing idiots with their eyes glued to the DPS meter?[/quote]

Because we are so sick of being shat on by DPS while tanking. It's our chance to give back and show DPS how fucking retarded they are.

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1640339' date='Jan 7 2009, 04.05']Why are most melee, especially DPS warriors, total mouthbreathing idiots with their eyes glued to the DPS meter?[/quote]

DPS is the default. As such, it contains more then the average share of the WoW retards.

Gave up on WAR last week and I've being dabbling with my Druid in WotLK and nearly got him to 77 now, and do I just have to ask are the vast majority of DKs on the other side of the pond utter retards and can't do anything properly.

I've grouped with some good ones that tank well, making healing life easy on my little hybrid spec (35/0/32 at the moment so I can grind as well as heal) but as soon as you get one to try and dps its like a 90% chance of failure. Did a DTK last night were the tank (the tank was feral) out dps'd and damaged the two DKs.

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1640339' date='Jan 7 2009, 04.05']Why are most melee, especially DPS warriors, total mouthbreathing idiots with their eyes glued to the DPS meter?[/quote]
well, duh, because Swifty on Darkspear can outcleave Saurfang...or so it seems with the hero worship I read in GC each night

:lol:

You guys give me hope.

Our ranged DPS is normally quite well behaved. Sure, some cheeky AoE here and there, but they kite, decurse and often wait for DPS signals (well, at least they start with single target DPS most of the time :lol: ). They don't complain when melee get most of the buffs, the summon people, buff people, put the totems down in range of melee, cuddle up on the melee on Thaddius etc. (Despite melee not doing them the same curtesy on Loatheb and instead killing all spores on themselves in melee range)

However, we had 3 DPS warriors, 1 enh shaman, 1 rogue and 1 DK yesterday.

NONE of them managed to interrupt Kel'Thuzad's frostbolts. All but the rogue managed to die to the shadowfissures in the ground...... the shaman ankhed and died to it twice.

We were like *facepalm*

Interestingly, the MT managed to dodge the shadowfissures every time (I was healing him and saw it very well) while the melee managed to normally dodge maybe 1, often 0 of their fissures. Sure, we can all make mistakes, but Christ on a pogo stick some people need eye replacement.

Wow... maybe you guys should yell it out in vent, or something. To prevent our melee from dying to shit on the ground, half the raid was yelling about it. Only one person died!

I mean that is not something you're supposed to yell about, a big black and red circle on the ground is pretty obvious, and it doesn't go off for a few seconds. Still...

Lots of people are just dumb, unfortunately.

After I blew through Sons of Hodir yet again (5 days left, I think; perhaps 6), I went to pug some heroics; guild was all over the place, with one person in a Naxx group, two more in a full night of raiding (I know they did both Archavons, and probably Sarth after that), the other tank leveling his DK, and the last trying to level jewelcrafting (which I don't want him to do, because he's an annoying twit).

So, I got H-UK (I want the block value gear for fun and for a tankable dps set). I did pick up the ring, though no cloak... and the damage meters made me sad. MM hunter at 42%. Me at 29%. Feral druid at 15.3%, rogue at 13.1%. Their damage made me very sad. I also ran H-VH (the daily) with an entirely different group, who managed to wipe us on the second boss (this seems to be a trend). On the plus side, at least I saw Ichoron finally. The VH group's damage was better, but the DK was either really bad at the game, or frost DW as opposed to tri-spec DW is just pathetic.

Got my paladin up to 76, started banging out group quests in Dragonblight.

Edit: Looks like PTR build is adding a new JC recipe to convert uncommons and a frozen orb into rares. Now I just need to actually win the roll on a frozen orb again.

And mining will be all in one tap, apparently. Should speed things up.

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1640490' date='Jan 7 2009, 06.49']And mining will be all in one tap, apparently. Should speed things up.[/quote]
And cut down on ninjas!

I pugged H Strat last night, and ended up working with a lovely shaman who is in a guild with 23 people. This has all sorts of possibilities. She took Goalie to 25 man OS, which was awesome for him and really pissed me off because I had to be at work at 8 today and it's hard to sleep while he's playing.

RaceBannon is the fucking worst. He ankhs and dies all the freaking time. He stands in shit like he's trying to pick up ammo or get extra lifes or something. I try to explain to him that this is not like other games, but he's usually snoring or drinking Metamucil. Besides, if he doesn't have his ear horn up, he can't hear shit anyway.

"Get out of that shit!"

"Wha?"

"GET OUT OF THAT SHIT!"

"Wha?"

"Dude, move!!"

"Yes, I like totems too!"

[i]Baelor has died[/i]

"Guys, uhh, I think I have lag!"

Yeah but us melee are generally more used to moving around.

Plus we're less likely to be going "oh, I can just finish this (long, just-started) cast before I move".

One of the last time I bothered with Zereketh in heroic Arcatraz, we kept wiping because the healer, who's normally a good guy, couldn't seem to see the giant black circles. Might have been UI/graphics issues, as he used to crash regularly and probably had settings turned well down because of it.

I see a lot of spellcasters just stand there in damage effects like they're utterly unaware that the pretty colors around their feet are killing them. Meleers are more likely to run around, though some are too stubborn about getting that last swing in... especially on those fights where the jerk boss makes you run out repeatedly and spend 3/4 the fight jacking off rather than, you know, fighting. (Though I fondly recall Venoxis as how I finally got 300 bows.)

It's also fun bringing a fire mage to Ahn'Kahet. So, is that flamestrike I'm standing in yours or the mobs? I can't tell until I see if it's ticking on me.

If you have your spell effects turned completely down, it's possible ground effects will go unnoticed. I had them turned all the way down during a Grobbulus fight and I could barely see where the clouds were spreading. It was a very faint green mist. It didn't help that some melee idiots dropped their clouds right in the middle of the ranged and healers.

You can still get decent performance if you bump your spell effects up to the next notch, and you also will not stand in slime clouds, circles, or blizzards because you will be able to see them.

[quote name='Stego' post='1640731' date='Jan 7 2009, 12.39']RaceBannon is the fucking worst. He ankhs and dies all the freaking time. He stands in shit like he's trying to pick up ammo or get extra lifes or something. I try to explain to him that this is not like other games, but he's usually snoring or drinking Metamucil. Besides, if he doesn't have his ear horn up, he can't hear shit anyway.

"Get out of that shit!"

"Wha?"

"GET OUT OF THAT SHIT!"

"Wha?"

"Dude, move!!"

"Yes, I like totems too!"

[i]Baelor has died[/i]

"Guys, uhh, I think I have lag!"[/quote]

Actually I've been terrible about dying in shit lately. Illidari Council which was the Super Bowl of not standing in stuff was cake. Never had an issue there.

I dont know what it is with wrath. Its killing my computer. Also Maelstrom Weapon has made fluid fights more difficult, in that I always have to be watching my cooldowns and procs, but If my dps suffers because im watching for little red circles thats fine. The trouble is at 5 fps its tough, add in spell effects from 24 other people, especially stuff like blizzard, death and decay, consecration its tough. Giant fricking dinosaurs standing on you and dragon wings flapping over you.. not standing in the bad stuff is a lot more difficult than it used to be.

I think it's mostly the new art on the DK spells, especially. Those just chew up more CPU/GPU power than previously.

While Maelstrom Weapon is a bit different from other procs, I've just used SCT to make a nice big warning on Sword & Board and Art of War. I'll be doing the same with Killing Machine on my DK; the idea being to let me know if those have proc'd without me looking at my buff bar.

What are your system specs Race? Most importantly, what graphics card do you have? The recommended specs for WotLK are significantly higher than those for WoW and TBC. Upgrading your graphics drivers may help.

It's not even that sometimes. I've got a brand-spanking new high-end system, and some things still lock it up.

Like when I'm OTing the Wintergrasp raid, everytime the boss picks up the main tank, I'm guarenteed like a second of lag or freezing or something.

Archived