Board really slow

Slick Mongoose

Yep. Behavior confirmed on a third computer that has never been to westeros before (a mac this time). Logging in and attempting to view... any page except for this reply page generates the IPS driver error. clearing my westeros.org cookies logs me out and lets me view the site again, but logging back in generates the IPS error once more.

I admit I find it all very baffling. I've not yet seen anyone else report this. And the specific behavior is very odd indeed, if clearing cookies fixes the problem.

Not sure if it will help, but I did also receive this error as well on two separate computers. Not being tech savvy, I thought it was a maintenance thing and not an error. Sorry for not reporting earlier.

• 2 months later...

We've recently shifted to a new server, and some other sites may be going through the same process. It's probable that there will be some hiccups along the way. In the future, there'll be some more changes which we hope will improve performance further, but has to wait until our server admin has more time free.

Nope. It's strange that it seems to be getting worse, as when the site was moved over at first our admin reported it was blazing along... but in any case, it will be awhile more before Sparks has time to look at it further. Very busy time of year. Have to grin and bear it for now.

Yeah...it can make for some strange posting. :lol: Sometimes I'm wondering if it's been posted or not, so I have to go back for a double-check. The mods will need to be in action to kill off any suspect double-posts. :P

Hi, I'm the sysadmin. :)

For what it's worth, the CPU usage was quite low, so whatever was causing the delay was not anything eating CPU. There were no logs of SQL or PHP errors, either, other than some logs about images referenced in the skin/theme CSS that aren't actually on-disk.

In the interests of experimentation, I shut down the webserver briefly, ran optimization across the entire MySQL database, and then tuned MySQL to have much larger index/read buffers. If this helps, huzzah! If not, have Ran or Linda poke me again. :)

Archived