Worldcon NYC-->Montreal Train Trip

Lucky Pierre

Could I get a list of who is going on this?

And is there a way to check return times (times before the 10th I couldnt stay that long.)

If it works out I would consider going up for a day or two to the con. And could certainly hang out with you all in NY. would be good to catch up with the bwb.

Could I get a list of who is going on this?

And is there a way to check return times (times before the 10th I couldnt stay that long.)

If it works out I would consider going up for a day or two to the con. And could certainly hang out with you all in NY. would be good to catch up with the bwb.

*does big happy dance*

You know I would love to meet you!!!!!

I got the message too...not a big deal to leave 5 minutes earlier.

one other question than... to get to this place what ID do i need? I canceled my passport a while back so all I have is like drivers license ID. Is this enough for canada in these days?

Unless you have a very, very new drivers license, no. You'll need a passport to get past the border. :(

http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/p...requirement.asp

Roll Call time for those staying with us at the Marquis in NYC.

Just so you all are aware, and there are no surprises, you should figure that it will be close to $78/per person per night (assuming we have full rooms for each night)

Please PM me if you are planning on staying with us and your dates so I can make sure we are all sorted out.

:)

For those of us on the train-it looks like a short walk from the station, thru the Place Bonaventure shopping mall then across the street to the hotel. Or a very short cab ride around the mall to the hotel. Cab shows a distance of .9km

For those of us on the train-it looks like a short walk from the station, thru the Place Bonaventure shopping mall then across the street to the hotel. Or a very short cab ride around the mall to the hotel. Cab shows a distance of .9km

I think we'll be more than ready to stretch our legs a bit by time we get off the train. Unless it is totally pouring.

*adds umbrella to packing list*

It looks like our counts for NYC have dropped and I don't need 2 rooms for all 3 nights. I'm going to change the 2nd room so I don't get stuck paying for it unless I hear from people soon.

The counts I have so far:

Room1:

August 2: LP, Ben, Drac

August 3: LP, Ben, Drac, MG

August 4: LP, Ben, Drac, MG

Room2:

August 4: Padraig, Lany

So I can drop room two for the 2nd and 3rd at this point.

Please let me know.

J

It's a short, easy walk. . . :)

Patrick

From the other thread there is likely to ba a railstrike for VIA rail in Canada, however it shouldn't affect your train (I think your using Amtrak)

But you may want to keep an eye on things and maybe get to the station a bit early just incase.

linky

Info provided by Mich

From the other thread there is likely to ba a railstrike for VIA rail in Canada, however it shouldn't affect your train (I think your using Amtrak)

But you may want to keep an eye on things and maybe get to the station a bit early just incase.

linky

Info provided by Mich

It's my understanding that the Amtrak Maple Leaf train will travel only from NYC to Buffalo rather than continuing on to Toronto as it is crewed by VIA employees in Canada. The Adirondack uses Amtrak crews all the way to Montreal and will not be affected according to Amtrak.

By the way, Amtrak has announced a 20% discount sale on travel on the Adirondack. So round trip NYC to Montreal is now a bit under $100 US.

Archived