Actress Mona Weiss

Sleeping Dragon

Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of the books and I've always connected and identified with Daenerys. I would love to play her and I'd be willing to go nude for this role (and I don't say this lightly). I would be honored to be considered.

The other character I think I fit and can play well is Margaery Tyrell.
I'm also open to other suggestions if people strongly feel I fit elsewhere, but those are the two that stand out for me.

*edit* it's been suggested to me that I better resemble Arianne and Asha - both of whom I would also love to play.
About me:

I'm classically trained in the theater, having done lots of Shakespeare and Moliere on stage.
I've been acting since I was very young, starting off as a regular on Sesame Street for years.
My most recent role is as a High School student in Harrison Ford's Crossing Over. I look very young and I'm five feet tall, so I tend to play high school age characters but I can also play older.
I get recognized alot by fans of the Call of Cthulhu movie that I was also in and involved with.
I'm currently studying with Sharon Chatten - one of the top acting coaches in Los Angeles and has trained all your favorite actors.

I am well trained in medieval swordfighting, stage combat, and horesback riding. I can do many different european accents and dialects. I also went to Exotic Animal Training School where I learned to work with bears, big cats, and other dangerous exotics on set. I can fearlessly work with any kind of animal (even CG dragons!).

[url="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Mona-noke/Weiss_Mona.jpg"]Head Shot[/url]
[url="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Mona-noke/MonaWeissFull.jpg"]Full Body[/url]
[url="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Mona-noke/MonaWeissblack.jpg"]3/4 shot[/url]
[url="http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Mona-noke/?action=view&current=Monapurple1.jpg"]another head shot[/url]
[url="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Mona-noke/337784-0.jpg"]Me looking younger (same day shoot as the others)[/url]

[url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2032293/"]IMDB[/url] - note: the IMDB page is not entirely accurate, theres alot of stuff that looks like extra work that doesn't belong to me that I'm trying to resolve with them as we speak.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mona-Weiss/61446113229?v=wall&viewas=22700330"]new Facebook Fan Page[/url] - lots more pics here, too

Thanks for posting your info, Mona!

I think it's awesome that we have fans who are in the business coming around to show interest.

I think you have a good look, that could fit Margaery very well. And Arianne or Asha for that matter. Just glancing at your head shot, you seem too dark in complexion for Dany, though a wig or hair bleach could make me a liar. :)

One question, since I see it raised in other threads: how are you with accents? I'm assuming you're American and since they are shooting in the UK, they're probably using accents native to there.

Good luck to you. I hope you get a part, large or small. At this rate, watching the show will be like "Spot the westeros boarder." :lol:

[quote name='LugaJetBoyGirl' post='1755009' date='Apr 14 2009, 17.35']Oh my god. Harrison Ford, Call of Cthulhu, sword fighting, combat and exotic animals? You might actually be the coolest person I know.[/quote]

Ahem. :cry:

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1754973' date='Apr 14 2009, 17.09']One question, since I see it raised in other threads: how are you with accents? I'm assuming you're American and since they are shooting in the UK, they're probably using accents native to there.[/quote]

[quote name='Sleeping Dragon']I can do many different european accents and dialects.[/quote]

I would assume that includes a British accent.

Mona, as others have already stated I could see you as Arianne or Asha. Although that means you wouldn't be in the pilot, or even the first season. If you wanted to get in the pilot you would probably have to dye your hair red and try out for the whore with Tyrion. Maybe not the most glamorous role, but hey, at least you'd be in the show right?

One thing that has helped other prospective actors (read Avery Clark) with getting some support is posting some audition vids on Youtube. Any chance you could do something like that? With your stage background and small television roles, you seem like you could be the female version of Avery. Would be interested to see your take on a couple different characters from the books.

[quote name='Halfhand' post='1756188' date='Apr 15 2009, 12.41']I would assume that includes a British accent.[/quote]
heh Skimmed that part...

Dou't!

[quote name='Halfhand' post='1756188' date='Apr 15 2009, 12.41']I would assume that includes a British accent.

Mona, as others have already stated I could see you as Arianne or Asha. Although that means you wouldn't be in the pilot, or even the first season. If you wanted to get in the pilot you would probably have to dye your hair red and try out for the whore with Tyrion. Maybe not the most glamorous role, but hey, at least you'd be in the show right?

One thing that has helped other prospective actors (read Avery Clark) with getting some support is posting some audition vids on Youtube. Any chance you could do something like that? With your stage background and small television roles, you seem like you could be the female version of Avery. Would be interested to see your take on a couple different characters from the books.[/quote]

Yes, I can do a couple of different English accents. I'd almost rather hold out for a later season for a role people really see me as instead of trying to gun for Shae so I can get in first season :) I have a feeling this series is going to be successful.

I'd be excited for dying my hair any color though!

In terms of showcasing my work in a video- I don't have a camera! although every time I come read these message boards, I say to myself that I need to get one. I may break down and get one sooner rather than later, since I would really like to show you all what I can do.

I would love for someone to suggest me in the casting thread though - just so I can have some backup.

[quote name='LugaJetBoyGirl' post='1756268' date='Apr 15 2009, 13.28']Well? Were you in Call of Cthulhu? Were you trained to handle exotic animals? Can you swordfight? Hmm? These are the ultimate qualities of coolness, after all.[/quote]

[url="http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v36/233/35/22700330/n22700330_30106979_1568.jpg"]Me and a bear[/url]

[url="http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v36/233/35/22700330/n22700330_30106205_4074.jpg"]Me with sheena the leopard[/url]

[url="http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v36/233/35/22700330/n22700330_30107027_8442.jpg"]And Bam Bam the bear licking my *ahem* suntan lotion[/url]

[url="http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v10/233/35/22700330/n22700330_13494540_2420.jpg"]Unofficial photo for the World's Sexiest Gamer competition[/url]
Don't have any pics of me swordfighting though. I've been looking.

The pics of the animals were all taken during an intensive course geared toward training/working with animals on set

[quote name='RWHamel' post='1756807' date='Apr 16 2009, 00.07']Beat that Yags. Do you have a picture of a 900 lb grizzly licking your breasts?[/quote]

There. I rest my case.

I like that you posted these pics, SD. I think seeing you in action was most convincing for your arguement.

• 3 weeks later...

I can figure you very well as some character from the song of ice and fire and I think your skills are really convincing. Though I don't think that Asha or Arianne would be the right person for you to play.

Asha Greyjoy: Asha is lean and long-legged, with short black hair and a sharp nose in a thin face.

-> I my opinion you're too beautiful for her. You aren't as skinny as she is described and your nose isn't sharp enough ;)

Arianne Martell: She is beautiful, with olive skin, large dark eyes, and hair that is a spill of glossy black ringlets. Favoring her mother, she is short and buxom.

-> As to her I think you're too slender and tall...

Maybe you could be the right person for Margaery Tyrell or some of the Sand Snakes.

In any case I wish you good luck :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've found these descriptions on http://awoiaf.westeros.org

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it - although I'm pretty short. 5 feet or 152.4 centimeters It doesn't come off in the photos because I'm proportional.

5 feet tall dark hair perfectly proportionate and sexy, your about exactly how i picture Shae and if they get Dinklage you can guarantee that Tyrion will be getting a lot of screen time which means Shae will get a decent bit of screen time so...

At five feet and with dark hair, IMO you'd be an excellent match for Shae or Arianne Martell. However, IIRC, Asha and the Sand Snakes are described as being tall, so I don't think you'd fit as well there, even if you manage the "tough warrior woman" aura.

As for Margaery Tyrell, while she's never explicitely said to be tall, IIRC she's stated as being the same height as Joffrey during their marriage ceremony. And Joffrey, more than a year earlier, was taller than both Robb and Jon, which IMO means that even then Joffrey was more than five feet tall.

EDIT: Mind you, this doesn't mean I think you'd make a poor Margaery if you were cast in that role, especially if you can carry off her apparent "compassionate populist" image.

At five feet and with dark hair, IMO you'd be an excellent match for Shae or Arianne Martell. However, IIRC, Asha and the Sand Snakes are described as being tall, so I don't think you'd fit as well there, even if you manage the "tough warrior woman" aura.

As for Margaery Tyrell, while she's never explicitely said to be tall, IIRC she's stated as being the same height as Joffrey during their marriage ceremony. And Joffrey, more than a year earlier, was taller than both Robb and Jon, which IMO means that even then Joffrey was more than five feet tall.

EDIT: Mind you, this doesn't mean I think you'd make a poor Margaery if you were cast in that role, especially if you can carry off her apparent "compassionate populist" image.

the way I've thought about height with this whole thing is that Orlando Bloom is short... and he stood on a box and wore heels for both LOTR and Pirates. I don't know about his other movies, but I've spoken with actors on both those sets. People thought I was tall before I said something though, so you never know how I'm going to look on camera :)

Regardless, I'm putting together some monologues of different characters so people can see what I can bring to the table. I totally agree with you that the height thing is an issue, though and really narrows down who I can be considered for, since the casting director may not care if my acting is perfect if I'm not tall enough. You never know.

It does sound that casting for the pilot is either underway or about to get underway, so if you're after a role in the pilot specifically, it might be a good idea to get in touch with HBO's casting department (or equivalent) and see what the situation is. I'm not sure if they are casting in the USA or Northern Ireland or both. If you want to hold out for Asha or Arianne, that's not a problem as Asha won't appear until Season 2 and Arianne until Season 4 (unless they change some things). Shae has a much bigger role across the first three books/seasons, although she doesn't get into any swordfights (unless they really change things :) ).

Otherwise, posting here is a good idea (the producers look in from time to time), as is going the YouTube route that Avery Clarke did.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived