NHL: Hope Springs Eternal*

BLU-RAY

Playoffs start Thursday (at least for my Sabres). I'll be sitting in my livingroom for 2-3 hours in a terrible mood railing at the TV. If they lose, I'll be depressed until Saturday. If they win, I'll have about 6 minutes of happiness before being anxious until Saturday.

I listened to the game on thursday cause it wasn't on TV and then I wish I hadn't watched the Saturday game... what sloppy shit. I keep seeing Lydman fumble the puck right before the empty net. I'm getting nightmares from it! And just a question: why does Chara always goon it up against little guys? Friggin jerk.

Well.

Canucks better stop taking so many stupid penalties. Or step up the PK. NOW. Too many men on the ice in OT? Come the fuck on. :shocked:

They just didn't seem ON tonight ya know? Stupid penalties, bad giveaways, lotsa fanning, shitty passing. Get it together boys!!

Hope Kesler's not hurt too bad... that would really, really suck.

Still really impressed by Quick, damn that rookie is good.

I'm really starting to dislike him, but it's probably irrational. And I hope Vanek is OK and gets to come back soon. :(

:lol: nah it's not irrational. He's always hitting people half his size, he can be really dirty. Vanek has a sprained ankle and is questionable for Monday, but they think he will play again this series. It was Boychuk who slashed him causing Vanek to crash into the boards. I really hate teams that try to injure good players :angry2:

:lol: nah it's not irrational. He's always hitting people half his size, he can be really dirty. Vanek has a sprained ankle and is questionable for Monday, but they think he will play again this series. It was Boychuk who slashed him causing Vanek to crash into the boards. I really hate teams that try to injure good players :angry2:

:rolleyes:

It was Boychuk who slashed him causing Vanek to crash into the boards. I really hate teams that try to injure good players :angry2:

I was kinda peeved yesterday, but I'm not feeling it anymore. I'm sure Boychuck didn't mean to. I read some article where he stated that he honestly wasn't looking to hurt Vanek. It's just unfortunate that it worked out like that. I wish Mr. Vanek a speedy recovery. :)

:lol: true. But I see him consistently going after guys who are around 5'9 and are the speedy skilled players. I can't stand that.

By "going after guys" you mean...playing his position and defending against forwards like every other defenseman in the league? Or, specifically, defending himself after someone grabs his cage from behind (which he has on because he is playing with a broken nose)? Is that what you mean by, "going after"?

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous to criticize Chara for bullying, the dude is seven feet tall in skates, and is a Norris winner for a reason. Taking the body and shutting down the opponent's skill players is his job. If you want to get annoyed at a good D man who plays dirty, take it out on Pronger.

someone grabs his cage from behind (which he has on because he is playing with a broken nose)?

Speaking of which, really? I mean c'mon big guy, you're 7 feet tall, you should be tough enough to play without a cage on. Few player are gonna be able to even reach his face, and it's not like if it gets re-broken he's gonna get any uglier :smoking:

Speaking of which, really? I mean c'mon big guy, you're 7 feet tall, you should be tough enough to play without a cage on. Few player are gonna be able to even reach his face, and it's not like if it gets re-broken he's gonna get any uglier :smoking:

Let's break your nose and see if you want to go to work the next day let alone play professional hockey without protection over it. Not to mention that the piece of my post that you quoted is a reference to a situation that contradicts exactly what you describe as being unlikely. So, you're wrong.

Let's break your nose and see if you want to go to work the next day let alone play professional hockey without protection over it. Not to mention that the piece of my post that you quoted is a reference to a situation that contradicts exactly what you describe as being unlikely. So, you're wrong.

I've broken my nose, and been at work the day after getting four wisdom teeth removed. He's a grown man and if you're going to play a gritty game you should be able to take as much as you give. No matter how offended you get about it, he nut up and take the cage off.

If you'd like to argue that he's wearing it because he's European though, that I can agree with :cool4:

It is funny how wearing face protection somehow makes you less of a man. Every player in the NHL is wearing a fuckton of body protection. Is facial protection really any different? No, not really. Grow up. He can wear whatever the fuck he wants. Maybe the rest of the NHL should nut up and cut back on their shoulder pads, or their pants, as I seem to recall witnessing a ton of rugby players playing a game that is just as physical, with far less equipment.

Maybe the rest of the NHL should nut up and cut back on their shoulder pads, or their pants, as I seem to recall witnessing a ton of rugby players playing a game that is just as physical, with far less equipment.

At lower speed, no 100mph shots, and no boards though.

At lower speed, no 100mph shots, and no boards though.

That's the point. Since those things exist, why does wearing a mask or a visor make you a 'pussy'? The truth is, it doesn't.

Take lacrosse for example. It's a far more physical game, and we wear a bit less body protection, but we definitely wear facial protection. Doing so doesn't make us a bunch of pussies. It makes us smart. Why is hockey so stuck in this retarded macho mindset? Get over yourselves. You're already covered in armour, and making fun of someone who happens to be wearing a tiny bit more protection than you is sort of ludicrous. If you're such a man, take off some of your fancy equipment and prove it.

Sirius... I really hope you're kidding...

Only half kidding. I accept that you're going to have the odd jackass target your face because they know you're injured, but like previously mentioned, he's 7 feet tall, he can handle himself just fine.

My beef is that he's wearing nothing all year, and then he breaks his nose and has to wear a cage. If somebody wants to hurt your nose when it's broken all they have to do is shake your head around a bit - the cage is only preventing a re-break. I just think it's hypocritical is all. If you're dumb enough not to wear a visor before hand, I don't see why you would change.

ETA: It's not really the macho mindset that I'm coming from, I'm in complete support of visors, and personally would never play with anything less on. It's that he arguable doesn't need the full cage, and by wearing one all he is doing is painting a target on hit chest.

Archived