Football Thread 12

Zoë Sumra

Does Tainio not get injured every 5 minutes, like he did for spurs?

He was injured a lot towards the start of the season, but he's really come into his own in the second half. He was our only player who was making any effort towards the end of the season, and he didn't have any injury problems.

It's time to move on to more important matters now: the SPL. It starts on Saturday as well. The battles for Europe and relegation were very tight last season and I expect more of the same this year.

My team (Dundee United) have made a few sigings, but they also have a few injuries. What'll probably happpen is they'll be in contention for Europe until the last few games then just fade away like they've done the two previous years.

My predictions are:

Champions: don't care

Europe: Dundee United and Hearts

Relegated: Falkirk

Well, since everyone else is doing it I will publish the lineup for The Defenestrators:

Sorensen

Bosingwa O'Shea Carragher Ab. Faye

Gerrard Pienaar Arshavin

Agbonlahor Cole Ebanks-Blake

Subs: Reina, Davies, Muamba, Zayatte

So I guess I'm another one of the Hangeland-less teams. I'm very pleased with my decision to put Sorensen ahead of Reina this week thus far :).

Sir Thursday

Just realised that I've picked two defenders and the goal keeper from the same team (Fulham), which is probably not a good idea - even if they did manage to keep a clean sheet today.

Been watching Blackburn vs. City, and gotta say that the result was quite flattering for City. Blackburn ought to have managed a draw there. Of the other results so fat, the Villa result is the most surprising to me.

Just realised that I've picked two defenders and the goal keeper from the same team (Fulham), which is probably not a good idea - even if they did manage to keep a clean sheet today.

The big problem with this is that it will cause difficulties navigating gameweek 2.

Didn't see the Villa game today, but the fans booed the players at the end of the game. Deserved? I'd also heard discontent among the fans about Martin O'Neil over the summer. What the hell do they want, after a season like last season? Shameless.

I'm pretty annoyed Fellaini's starting because I removed him from my fantasy team expecting him to be out with a virus.

Yeah, you must be gutted about that :P

I'm currently in the US (Tennessee, of all places), and I fell asleep yesterday while trying to replace Gerrard with someone not injured. When I woke up, the games had already started, so that's annoying.

Also, Lescott got -1.

I'm so glad I took Lescott out of my starting line up :P admitadly the guy I replaced him with didn't even play but hey its better then the huge minus that Lescott would give.

Yes, a whole -1 points. Must be why I'm bottom of the table - that, and also five of my team don't play till tomorrow.

Archived