When can we expect another casting announcement?

daimonion

Seriously though, I hope we get the news today.

Me, too! Though, I don't know if I've got the stamina to sit here til 1:00 am again, waiting, waiting, getting goofier as the hour grows later. Hopefully, if HR's got news to release, they'll be kind enough to do it before the witching hour rolls around again! :sleep:

I saw Parris on a little bit ago and was really hoping to hear from her! The suspense is killing me!

~ Jane

AHH I know huh! I saw her too. She was here for awhile. DAMN I wanna know SO BAD!!!!! Perhaps today?

AHH I know huh! I saw her too. She was here for awhile. DAMN I wanna know SO BAD!!!!! Perhaps today?

lol You guys are going to drive her to start visiting in stealth mode.

For those of you not checking the BWB forum, Blue Rose had coffee with George and Parris yesterday and had this to say about the HBO pilot.

We got on the topic of the HBO pilot, and Parris told me that HBO is furious that the actor announcements keep getting leaked for the pilot. Apparently HBO really likes and wants to do its own big announcements, and they think they have an internal leak, or possibly two. They are hunting for the leaks, who will be fired and their names muddied in the industry for years. Parris said that it is also possible that it is someones partner/roommate/coworker who is announcing this stuff, either innocently or purposefully wanting to share it because they are a big fan. Whatever the case, HBO is angry. This is probably good news for us, because it means they care enough that they want to do good press about it.

George also confirmed to me (and again later at his reading) that Jaime and Theon are cast, and that Dany is down to 3 choices.

See page 9 of this thread for more.

For those of you not checking the BWB forum, Blue Rose had coffee with George and Parris yesterday and had this to say about the HBO pilot.

See page 9 of this thread for more.

Yeeaah, really not good to piss HBO off.

Whoever's doing the leaking is in huge trouble, like end of carreer or relationship trouble. What a dumb-dumb.

I wonder which of the parts we now know are cast, constitute these 'leaks?' Surely, not Ned or Catelyn? Could it be that whole Robert, Jon, Viserys group? I wonder, too, how this fits in with D&D coming into the thread yesterday to tell us that 5 more parts are cast and news will be coming soon. Most assuredly, their words are sanctioned by HBO. Just curious which bits of info were 'official' and which were 'leaks.' *shrugs*

Yikes, I just noticed I'm about to reach 800 posts. Amazing. Didn't think I'd ever have 800 things to say about anything! :stunned:

It's amusing how clandestine that makes it seem.

As eager as I am to see names, it will be much more exciting to get a long cast list than one name at a time. For me, anyway.

I agree. It's much more exciting to see an entire list at once, but I'm a glutton for gluttony. =)

As eager as I am to see names, it will be much more exciting to get a long cast list than one name at a time. For me, anyway.

I prefer mine in sweet little petit fours. But they better be legal.

HBO is such a secretive bunch, lol. Can't you throw us impatient fans a little morsel? Not a big cast like Jaime, but Theon, maybe? :D

It's the same thing with the spoiler chapters, yet I can hardly stop myself from checking this board, Martin's blog and WiC for more info every day...

Well, with that news at least I can stop logging on to check and see if there are any updates. The girlfriend is down from Detroit and she is becoming more and more unhappy that every 30 minutes I get up to go check this website. She knows I'm a geek and all, but I don't think she really knew until now.

No announcement today. HBO is apparently developing a mini based on Robert Silverberg's novel 'The World Inside', which is interesting. If GoT comes off and gives them the dominant fantasy TV series, I was wondering if they were going to do a straight-up SF series as well.

Slightly unexpected news is that Kate Winslet is going to do 'Mildred Pierce', possibly for HBO. The Variety story even mentions at being surprised she'd be doing a TV series at the height of her movie career. I bet if we'd know that she was up for TV, people would have been proposing her for roles in GoT a bit more seriously.

More interesting was the fact that Variety has both those stories whilst the Hollywood Reporter doesn't. Might be an idea to keep checking both for news from now on.

Interesting choice, "The World Inside". I'm reminded that Silverberg's brilliant "Dying Inside" would make an amazing film, or even a series in its own right -- killer concept.

Archived