Does your first name suit you?

Adz of CCAA

So. My first name, Claudia, is latin and supposedly translates to/ means "the limping one" or "limper".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudia

And this is such a perfect match. Because I limp a lot of the time due to some problems with my Achilles' tendons.

Does your name, or the translation/meaning of your name suit you?

No need to give your real name if you don't want to.

I've always hated my first name. Matthew is not only the most common first name of my generation, it doesn't suit me at all. It means God's Gift in hebrew (one of like 10 other names that mean the same thing), and since I'm neither Jewish nor Christian it's a complete waste of a name. That's what I get for having an evangelist for a mom, all of the boys were named from the bible. Bleh. At least my sister got a cool name though.

My first name means 'light', which I quite like. I don't know whether it suits me. I do know it's annoying to have a very common name for my age group, and find that everyone spells it incorrectly because there is a more common version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stian

i dont know what to say, i am not particulare quick running vice, but i would consider my self a desent walker, while inn the army i could walk for quit some time whit heavy packing whit out geting totaly exousted.

maybe wanderer have a different meaning, like one that does not settle down in life, but that does not describe me weary well as of up untill now in my life, have allways lived where i live now and i dont see my self move weary long for the next 3-4 years eighter.

My first name is derived from the Farsi/Urdu and means "serious" (with a negative or positive connotation depending on the context or dialect). I tend to be pretty intense in real life and have a hard time relaxing.

wiki

According to the link, Maria means "beloved" in Hebrew. I think it suits me, especially in the last 7 years. :) It's a very common name here, every fourth woman in Greece is named Maria. I used to wish for a different name, something rare or exotic, but not anymore. I'm happy with my name.

I just realized that my board name means pretty much the same thing: "beloved of the heart/ a love lost." I did not do that on purpose, I swear.

I've always hated my first name. Matthew is not only the most common first name of my generation, it doesn't suit me at all. It means God's Gift in hebrew (one of like 10 other names that mean the same thing), and since I'm neither Jewish nor Christian it's a complete waste of a name. That's what I get for having an evangelist for a mom, all of the boys were named from the bible. Bleh. At least my sister got a cool name though.

I have always liked my first name very much. :) It is very common around my year of birth, too. We were 5 Claudias in my last class in school.

I would have been Andreas or Michael if I had been a boy. Could have lived with those names, too. :)

Hebrew/Christian names are all over the world.

My first name means 'light', which I quite like. I don't know whether it suits me. I do know it's annoying to have a very common name for my age group, and find that everyone spells it incorrectly because there is a more common version.

My name mostly gets spelled right, only very few people spell it with "K". :stunned:

What annoys me though is when people misspell my last name. :tantrum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stian

i dont know what to say, i am not particulare quick running vice, but i would consider my self a desent walker, while inn the army i could walk for quit some time whit heavy packing whit out geting totaly exousted.

maybe wanderer have a different meaning, like one that does not settle down in life, but that does not describe me weary well as of up untill now in my life, have allways lived where i live now and i dont see my self move weary long for the next 3-4 years eighter.

I like the Old Norse version of your name. Stígandr :)

According to wikipedia, my name means "strong, firm, steadfast and safe." Sounds good. :thumbsup:

...except for the "safe" part. That directly conflicts with my middle name, Danger.

Well I'm not Black, so I suppose my mother chose a rather unfitting name for me. Come to think of it, I'm not a Wizard either.

Now this is strange! ;)

My first name is derived from the Farsi/Urdu and means "serious" (with a negative or positive connotation depending on the context or dialect). I tend to be pretty intense in real life and have a hard time relaxing.

I like names derived from foreign languages. :)

wiki

According to the link, Maria means "beloved" in Hebrew. I think it suits me, especially in the last 7 years. :) It's a very common name here, every fourth woman in Greece is named Maria. I used to wish for a different name, something rare or exotic, but not anymore. I'm happy with my name.

I just realized that my board name means pretty much the same thing: "beloved of the heart/ a love lost." I did not do that on purpose, I swear.

:)

Maria was very common in Germany, too. Now girls are more often called Marie, or Mia, a derivation of Maria. Some girls have Maria as a middle name, mostly in honor of a grandmother. There are even, though very rarely, boys named Maria. But only as a middle name. There is an austrian actor, named Klaus Maria Brandauer and my sister had a boyfried whose middle name was Maria. :)

ETA

Some of the meanings/translations of names of those who didn't actually say their names really make me curious what the actual names are. ;)

And I really like names that are spelled different than the common way. Except my own name. That has to be "Claudia" and nothing else. :)

My name basically means "God's Motherfuckin' Enforcer"

I think it fits me very well.

Indeed.

My name means "dark water", which I suppose is fitting considering how much I enjoy coffee and beer (and good stouts in particular).

Ruaidhrí - red king.

I....get sunburned easily?

What language is this? Sounds very interesting. :)

I knew someone once whose name was Rayk. And to me this always sounded somehow arabic. But it's actually a northern name.

Archived