Hints on Not A Blog, III

Gabriele

NOW it does. It said 'terrible' a few minutes ago. A typo, obviously.

ETA: I copy/pasted GRRM's actual words. Funny, really. Hope it was just a typo and not a Freudian slip! :lol:

Well, "terrible" need not mean bad, maybe he meant it in the "formidably great" sense of the word. :thumbsup:

I just don't get how you guys were able to figure it out. I'm not sure whether to applaud or laugh. Do you guys have a book or something were you get all this weird info from?

It's just a gaming mentality, really. Some people love word games, clue games, logic games. ME, for one! Just to follow the reasoning, when the clues came out, I zeroed in on 'the fourth is the fifth.' No particular reason, that just stuck in my head and I started working on it. 'The fourth' part of the clue didn't bother me, that simply meant the fourth actor named. But, 'the fourth is the fifth?' The fifth what? I originally thought it was an actor who played the fifth incarnation of a given role--like the fifth James Bond, or the fifth Heathcliff, or whatever. Googled around but didn't come up with anything that looked promising. Then, I said it aloud a few times, sort of pushing my mind to finish the sentence. 'The fifth....' 'The fifth...' The fifth column? The fifth dimension? (Got hung up there for awhile, believe me, because of the 'boney pop singer' clue!) The fifth planet? The fifth deadly sin? The fifth day of the week? The fifth month of the year? The fifth wife or husband of some famous actor? Suddenly my head said 'The fifth wife of Henry VIII.' From there, went to the Tudors site and voila! There was pretty, waifish little Tamzin Merchant as Catherine Howard, the fifth wife of Henry VIII. Bingo! Dany! I'm sure the others who hit upon the correct clues traveled a similar path. LOL, no books, just a weirdly-wired thinking process.

WOW :stunned:

I can´t believe we were spot on with Everyone

That is fantastic.

If I remember correct, I first saw Richard Madden when Ran researched British actor who had played Romeo, just after George posted on the not-blog, about how he screwed up the roses clue. So perhaps this is were credit is due, for Richard Madden..

Edit: Went back and checked. Ran did have a list of Romeo-actors up just after the not-blog post but Madden wasn´t on it.

Sparq was the first one to post Madden here. But perhaps someone else had him earlier on WiC.

Is it wrong to be this amazed by a possible TV show that even if it comes out I may never see?

You are not going to watch it? I might not catch it on tv as I live in Denmark.

But it will at least come out on DVD eventually.

And no. It is not wrong to be so amazed. It is aSoIaF. It is going to be amazing.

And no. It is not wrong to be so amazed. It is aSoIaF. It is going to be amazing.

I have been bouncing with nerdy excitement all day, but like you I will not get to see it when it first comes out.

We generally get things about 12 months after the US so it will be a long difficult wait for us. Having said that, even if I have to wait for DVD I'll be watching it as keenly as everyone.

Yay lemoncake! :D

Congrats to everyone for the guessing game, it was awesome. I love how the psych report I did on GRRMs youtube searching actually turned out to be true. I think I can claim Richard Madden for lemoncake.

Tamzins choice as dany is reasonable to me, this is HBO after all. I like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau a lot, he was outstanding in the TV series he was in. Alfie Allen for Theon works for me, and the kid actors look great. Our poor Iain Glen was one of the fasted guessed, but he looks great for Ser Jorah Mormont.

Who's up for a Cersei guessing game? :P

Who's up for a Cersei guessing game? :P

I don't think I've got the energy. Every female casting suggestion/choice gets picked to pieces by a load of trolls complaining about how 'fugly' they are. I fully expect the same thing for Cersei, and I'm not sure my blood pressure can take it ;)

If people on WiC start with the same thing about the two kids playing Arya and Sansa, I'll have to stop going there, honestly.

I will be downloading it. Knowing that the episode is out and having to wait that long would kill me a million times over. But don't worry, I'll make up for it in DVD/Blu-ray/merchandise purchases. C'mon HBO, I want a European version of your channel where I live :)

I guess Cersei, Bran and Sandor (who doesn't do much in the pilot) are the big ones left to be cast (am I forgetting someone?).

All of the rest are lesser characters, though I guess Pycell is far from insignificant.

I guess Cersei, Bran and Sandor (who doesn't do much in the pilot) are the big ones left to be cast (am I forgetting someone?).

All of the rest are lesser characters, though I guess Pycell is far from insignificant.

Drogo?

From perusing the Pilot Dramatis Personae:

Very imporant ones:

Bran Stark

Khal Drogo

Queen Cersei Lannister Baratheon

Sandor Clegane

Important ones:

Magister Illyrio Mopatis

Grand Maester Pycelle

Maester Luwin

Ser Rodrik Cassel

Benjen Stark

Somewhat less important:

Will

Gared

Ser Waymar Royce

Jory Cassel

Hullen

Cohollo

Haggo

Qotho

Lord Jon Arryn (corpse)

Prince Tommen Baratheon

Princess Myrcella Baratheon

Rickon Stark (edit: was moved down)

Septa Mordane

Irri

Jhiqui

Doreah

An we thought we were done >_<. Big ensemble cast indeed.

Archived