Hints on Not A Blog, III

Gabriele

I am not native English speaker and I translate GRRM clues for those who don't understand English well. I am a little bit confused about translation of the last sentence 'At this writing, the secret seven is still the secret seven'

Is it about all seven characters (Jaime, Theon, etc) or is it about "Sir Seven"? What is opinion of native-speakers?

Thanks in advance!

I'm wondering if THR got that wrong about Sophie Turner. The Sophie Turner who was in DOCTOR WHO was a lot older (in her 30s, IIRC). Maybe this is a young actress with the same name?

Remember, GRRM said that if we Googled or IMDB'd the kids names, we'd come across others with the same names, but NOT the actual kid involved. So, it seems our Sophie Turner is not the Doctor Who Sophie Turner, but just a (so far) unknown kid actor with the same name.

Geeees so much for 'You will, alas, never get those two. Even if I told you their names, you'd never find 'em. '

I mean, yeah it's true, but why give us a clue about one of them! :unsure:

Also, yeah I'm pretty sure THR got the wrong Sophie Turner

Maisie Williams (Arya) is the name of a member of Boney M :)

Remember, GRRM said that if we Googled or IMDB'd the kids names, we'd come across others with the same names, but NOT the actual kid involved. So, it seems our Sophie Turner is not the Doctor Who Sophie Turner, but just a (so far) unknown kid actor with the same name.

That's not the problem, it's that the HWR referenced her being in Dr. Who, so clearly they have made a mistake.

I am not native English speaker and I translate GRRM clues for those who don't understand English well. I am a little bit confused about translation of the last sentence 'At this writing, the secret seven is still the secret seven'

Is it about all seven characters (Jaime, Theon, etc) or is it about "Sir Seven"? What is opinion of native-speakers?

Thanks in advance!

Lady N, that sentence simply meant that none of the 7 actors who'd been cast had been officially announced yet. BUT, as of about 25 minutes ago, that's old news! We've got names now, hurray!!

I have to say I enjoyed the guessing more than the announcement.

I don't mean I'm disappointed with the casting...I don't have a real strong opinion about anyone this round.

But getting the clues and seeing what everyone came up with was much more fun.

Congrats to those who guessed first!

Actually, a lot of native speakers were a bit confused on that sentence, too. It could have been read in a number of ways (some were even afraid it meant we hadn't yet guessed any of them).

But who's the Dutch treat? Who's the Harry Potter reference?

Dutch Treat = Coster-Waldau, who recently played a character named John Amsterdam.

Something in common with Harry Potter = Alfie Allen, who took over Daniel Radcliffe's roll in Equus.

But who's the Dutch treat? Who's the Harry Potter reference?

I'm amazed that GRRM doesn't have the news on his blog yet. I guess he really didn't have advance notice that the news would break tonight.

I don't know if the Dutch treat was a clue, but it might be a reference to NCW's role in New Amsterdam.

Alfie Allen replaced Daniel Radcliffe a.k.a. Harry Potter in Equus.

could this be sansa?

just a guess, but it was one of very few photos of sophie turner i could find.... of women/girls about that age, anyway.

Couldn't open the pic. Got this error message: Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

I really want to hear what George has to say about the insanity of the last week.

It has been insane. But such fun! For me, anyway. I love brain-teasers, love word games, love double entendres. Its been...mentally stimulating reading everybody's input and analysis.

But, now that the big names are out there (except Cersei) well, now what? :stunned:

Archived