American Politics 17

CloudFlare

John Kenady of 510 North Middlefield Road, Mountain View, California, born on the 8th of February, is not terrified of the census.

:lol:

Admit it, you just want the board to send you birthday presents. :D

I don't know why people are stupid enough to think that this guy being murdered by extreme rightwingers is so beyond the pale that they have to come up with alternate theories. Let's look at the facts:

a) Freep, Stormfront, resistnet, etc. have been whining about census workers for months now, sometimes implying violent things they'd like to do. Of course, the minute this story broke they immediately disclaimed it and went so far as to say it was a false flag operation. What a shock, people posting semi-anonymously on the Internet are cowards.

b) Oklahoma City was only, what, 14 years ago? And this is just one guy. Do you really think that this kind of domestic terrorism is so rare? This isn't even the first time something like this has happened, because...

c) Rural Appalachia has a long history of hostility to authority, mostly owing to the government's brutal campaigns (in collusion with mining companies) to destroy any attempts by the miners to unionize.

Sure, maybe it was drug dealers (those guys love FBI investigations), but you don't have to act like extremist anti-government violence is an improbable event.

It's precisely because I strongly agree with c) that I don't think one can jump to conclusions that a) is relevant to this event. I think there are plenty of people in rural Appalachia who could have conceived of committing this bit of domestic terrorism without having any knowledge of Freep, stormfront, resistnet, etc.

Bill Sparkman, the Census worker found dead in Kentucky recently was not found hanging from a tree, according to an FBI spokesman. Rather, David Beyer told TPMmuckraker, Sparkman's feet were planted on the ground. A rope around Sparkman's neck was attached to a tree.

The local coroner has confirmed that the word "Fed" had been written on Bill Sparkman's chest when he was found dead earlier this month.

Jim Trosper, the Clay County coroner, confirmed the information to TPMmuckraker moments ago, adding that the word appeared to have been written in felt tip marker. He declined to give additional details.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/...est.php?ref=fpb

I don't know why people are stupid enough to think that this guy being murdered by extreme rightwingers is so beyond the pale that they have to come up with alternate theories.

Right. The rational thing is to assume that he was killed by republicans. I mean.... 'Felt tipped marker'?

It couldn't be more obvious.

Any other possibility is far fetched and ludicrous.

Brilliant!!

I mean.... 'Felt tipped marker'?

It couldn't?

Really?

I have never participated in the census. They sent me a form once and I threw it away. I'm not scared of identity theft, I just resent and resist any and all federal prying into my life, and have no desire for federal dollars.

Yet you still drove on the roads built by federal dollars.

Strange.

Preliminary results suggest a Laurel County U.S. Census worker whose body was found in Clay County two weeks ago died of asphyxiation, officials said Thursday.

Asphyxiation might indicate the victim was slowly choked by the rope, rather than having the “violent jerk†associated with falling from a gallows.

Wasn't Matthew Shepard tied up and then choked to death?

Right. The rational thing is to assume that he was killed by republicans. I mean.... 'Felt tipped marker'?

Any other possibility is far fetched and ludicrous.

Brilliant!!

Actually, the rational thing is to assume he was killed by anti-government/militia types. As Ormond points out, the only real question is "Are they fans of Bachmann or not?".

I don't know why people are stupid enough to think that this guy being murdered by extreme rightwingers is so beyond the pale that they have to come up with alternate theories. Let's look at the facts:

what thread are you reading? Who's saying it couldn't have been extreme right wingers? I'm saying that jumping to conclusions is extermely stupid and you should have more then mere speculation before forming a lynch mob.

Your facts only tell half the story. Here's some more . If it wasn't for the drug trade that area of KY wouldn't have an economy. Drug growers prime real estate are Federal and National Parks. The drug trade has become increasingly violent.

what thread are you reading? Who's saying it couldn't have been extreme right wingers? I'm saying that jumping to conclusions is extermely stupid and you should have more then mere speculation before forming a lynch mob.

Your facts only tell half the story. Here's some more . If it wasn't for the drug trade that area of KY wouldn't have an economy. Drug growers prime real estate are Federal and National Parks. The drug trade has become increasingly violent.

And you're only telling half of the story about the drug trade in that region. Yes, it is violent, but mostly among rival gangs. Second, no government officials have ever been killed and displayed so publicly like that. And third, victims are always shot to death, not strangled to death and tied to a tree and marked with "fed."

Until there's actual reports that would contradict these fact, speculation about killing as drug-related is entirely misleading.

Seriously though, is you mistrust of your gov't so deep? I mean really.....

Out of curiosity. What the fuck does a government have to do for you people to stop trusting it? Worldwide network of secret prisons? Check. Routine torture and murder? Check. Listen to your calls and read your emails, warrant free? Check. Imprison citizens without trial or habeas corpus rights? Check. Taking private property to turn over to business and large corporations? Check.

What atrocities need to be commited that haven't before you will say "Hmm, maybe those fuckers don't have my best interests at heart" ?

And you're only telling half of the story about the drug trade in that region. Yes, it is violent, but mostly among rival gangs. Second, no government officials have ever been killed and displayed so publicly like that. And third, victims are always shot to death, not strangled to death and tied to a tree and marked with "fed."

Until there's actual reports that would contradict these fact, speculation about killing as drug-related is entirely misleading.

I understand now. You aren't reading my posts. I'm completely open to the ideal it could have been strictly political. You make a good case but there are other possibilities that need to be ruled out. Another possibility could be his ex-lover did it and wrote Fed on his chest to throw off the investigation. Until we know more saying X had to be responible is irresponsible.

Out of curiosity. What the fuck does a government have to do for you people to stop trusting it? Worldwide network of secret prisons? Check. Routine torture and murder? Check. Listen to your calls and read your emails, warrant free? Check. Imprison citizens without trial or habeas corpus rights? Check. Taking private property to turn over to business and large corporations? Check.

What atrocities need to be commited that haven't before you will say "Hmm, maybe those fuckers don't have my best interests at heart" ?

It's probably the thousands of other things they do everyday to create, promote and secure the society and life-style we've all become accustomed too.

Beyond that, considering like half of that stuff is done ostensibly to keep you safe, I'd say they DO have your best interests at heart, but simlpy have a really stupid/immoral way of going about it.

Beyond that, government is far better then the alternative.

I mean, GOVERNMENT is not a thing on it's own. It's a bunch of people. Those Census workers? They aren't out to get you. They are doing a job to make money, just like you. They don't give a shit about your personal information.

Beyond that, considering like half of that stuff is done ostensibly to keep you safe, I'd say they DO have your best interests at heart, but simlpy have a really stupid/immoral way of going about it.

So lets say your neighbor was a superhero. He locks up bad guys, and fights for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Every once in a while though, he goes into a bank, kills everyone there, and keeps the money. He then goes home and rapes his kids for a few hours before polishing of the night by tying a few people up in knots that it takes 3 days to get out of. Do you let him watch your kids on saturday?

And now apparent

So is America the new Argentina?

Is the right wing going to be the van guard in resisting the feds?

Archived