Dragon Age: Origins: Thread III [some SPOILERS]

Tobin

It breaks the suspension of disbelief.

My one encounter with these DLC references was one dude who showed up in my camp and started talking about this totally awesome quest I could do, if only I spent some points (what the fuck are points? I have money.). It would have been trivial to have the dude as part of the DLC package, which would mean he only showed up if I had already spent the points, thus keeping my suspension of disbelief intact.

Note: I have no issues with DLC, or day-1-DLC, I just don't want to see it referenced in game.

Yeah I hear that, and speaking of that, I want Dragon Armor for my Dwarven Noble damn it.

How can you marry Alistair "Used Goods" Theirin after what Morrigan does? Furthermore did you change your last name to his, or are you the greaves wearing Queen and made him change to Cousland?

Because it was YOUR IDEA to convince him to sleep with her?

And do they ever call him Alistair Theirin? That's been driving me nuts. They don't call him that, but they didn't lift the whole regional bastard thing from George, or even something like the Fitz naming convention from Robin Hobb. Can he claim that name now? WOULD he even if he could?

How can you marry Alistair "Used Goods" Theirin after what Morrigan does? Furthermore did you change your last name to his, or are you the greaves wearing Queen and made him change to Cousland?

Oh trust me, it was agonizing - I had to reload three times to get through it.

I thought I was going to throw up when they made me watch, :(

I had to close my eyes.

The only saving grace was that he looked really uncomfortable too.

Personally - I probably would have gone with my first playthrough: I wouldn't have allowed it to happen.

I wouldn't have even asked him. I was a mage, he had already dumped me - so the idea of living without him was tough. Having to stand by while he married someone else, was worse.

I was fully accepting of a heroic death, I would escape from a future I wouldn't want to witness.

Honestly, what Morrigan wanted would have eaten away at us over the years - like an acid settling in your bones of guilt and distrust.

The Lady or the Tiger, for sure.

Morrigan won't evade me forever, I'll find her.

Then Alistair will have his heir.

You know the scene in Clerks 2 when the Christian fry-cook starts talking about his girlfriend's vagina troll, and the camera does that awesome Jaws-style zoom?

That is what just happened here in my brain.

That just earned you a little green button endorsement thing, and it earned me a few odd looks from my co-workers.

Because it was YOUR IDEA to convince him to sleep with her?

And do they ever call him Alistair Theirin? That's been driving me nuts. They don't call him that, but they didn't lift the whole regional bastard thing from George, or even something like the Fitz naming convention from Robin Hobb. Can he claim that name now? WOULD he even if he could?

To answer you Odie, Grey Wardens give up their family name then joining to symbolize cutting ties with their former lives. So he may have gone by that before, but now he's just Alistair of the Grey Wardens.

To answer you Odie, Grey Wardens give up their family name then joining to symbolize cutting ties with their former lives. So he may have gone by that before, but now he's just Alistair of the Grey Wardens.

Well yes, I know that... I meant if you put him on the throne. Obviously things change between the beginning of the game and the Landsmeet. :P His family ties still meant something, reguardless of this symbolic giving up. For all that they may have inspired it, the Legion of the Dead is a lot more like the Night's Watch than the Grey Wardens are in that reguard. And, clearly, if you play as a human noble your past is very important and comes into play as well.

Well yes, I know that... I meant if you put him on the throne. Obviously things change between the beginning of the game and the Landsmeet. :P His family ties still meant something, reguardless of this symbolic giving up. For all that they may have inspired it, the Legion of the Dead is a lot more like the Night's Watch than the Grey Wardens are in that reguard. And, clearly, if you play as a human noble your past is very important and comes into play as well.

Of course no one gives a damn if your a Dalish Elf,, only two moments stuck with me that seperated a Dalish Elf from the rest of humanity through, the quatermaster in Osg when he yells at you to get the armour and when your in the Dalish camp trying to recruitment them, if you try to open a certain box repeatedly one of them gets prissy at you saying you should know better due to being Dalish :P

Oh trust me, it was agonizing - I had to reload three times to get through it.

I thought I was going to throw up when they made me watch, :(

I had to close my eyes.

The only saving grace was that he looked really uncomfortable too.

Wait. If you play female and make Alistair have the ritual you have to watch????????????????????

Or are you just playing around?

Wait. If you play female and make Alistair have the ritual you have to watch????????????????????

Or are you just playing around?

You see the beginning... but not the entire act, no. Believe me, it's more than enough...

She climbs onto the... bed... yeah, that's it, bed, and then blows out a candle.

For all that they may have inspired it, the Legion of the Dead is a lot more like the Night's Watch than the Grey Wardens are in that reguard.

I was assuming they were modeled after the foreign legion, but I don't actually know anything about the foreign legion, so I don't know why I made that assumption.

She climbs onto the... bed... yeah, that's it, bed, and then blows out a candle.

The best part was that he, like, flees from her when she climbs into the bed. Or at least keeps scooting back as she advances. It was quite funny.

You see the beginning... but not the entire act, no. Believe me, it's more than enough...

So its exactly the same as the male PC with Morrigan for that scene.

Archived