NFL V - Turkey Day Edition.

Mya Stone

Colston made a huge play of like 70 yards after NE pulled within 7. It is just really that NE's secondary blows.

Yeah, but he has only 2 catches in the game. Total of 74 yards with one catch of 68 yards. That is like basically one catch plus some change. I need him to score, dammit.

Heh gotta love the fantasy football.

Gutsy call by NE there. Went for it on 4th down instead of kicking the gimme field goal. Didn't make it and now NO goes again. If NO can drive the field here they can put the dagger in the Pats. Bill is really not trusting his defense to do anything now.

Yeah, but he has only 2 catches in the game. Total of 74 yards with one catch of 68 yards. That is like basically one catch plus some change. I need him to score, dammit.

NO just fixed that for you.

I only got to see about 2 minutes of the game, but part of it was the 4th-and-4. Oops.

I forsee myself not getting the 250 yard, 3 touchdown game I needed from Randy Moss.

Saints offense looks scary good. Watching Brees play QB is like going against one of those super elite Madden players who knows the weak spot of every defense you call and effortlessly breaks it every time. Not sure he broke a sweat out there.

Definitely changes the way I look at the Saints. And the Pats.

Saints offense looks scary good. Watching Brees play QB is like going against one of those super elite Madden players who knows the weak spot of every defense you call and effortlessly breaks it every time. Not sure he broke a sweat out there.

Definitely changes the way I look at the Saints. And the Pats.

Very true. First time I've ever seen the Saints play tonight, was against my team, the Patriots. The Saints play extremely aggressive, and scary. Almost completely neutered my Pats, black Jersey's from Hell, named The Saints. Scary.

God the Patriots suck.

Okay, an overstatement, but not by much. They cannot win on the road (granted all of their road games - save the TB one -have been against teams that were then undefeated); their QB is inconsistent (he looked completely terrible tonight). Their D could not stop anything the Saints had. They are atrocious in the second half. They are having what will soon be SIGNIFICANT issues with their #1 WR not completing his routes (that first INT). Their O-line was manhandled.

I said it during the game (1st half I believe): The Saints are faster, tougher, more physical, they are making more plays and fewer mistakes, and dominating all aspects on both sides of the ball. Other than that, its a close game.

The better team won and that, as they say, is that.

The problem is the Pats themselves. Where do we go from here? This really reminds me of 2005 and 2008: we can beat the tar out of bad teams; we get beaten up by good teams. Right now, name me the team the Pats have beaten that you know is going to the playoffs.

Here are their wins: Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Falcons, Titans, Bucs. I swear, the ONLY team that is even in the discussion is the Ravens. And they will probably not make the playoffs.

Here are the Pats loses: Jets, Broncos, Colts, Saints. In other words, every playoff-caliber team they have played, they have lost to.

And tonight, when they needed their QB to step up and get the job done, he failed. The first INT was at the EXACT moment when you cannot make that type of mistake. We force the punt, Welker makes an amazing return, next play: INT. Saints score that drive. The Pats NEVER recovered from that swing. They were the lesser team; they HAD to capitalize there. The blame? I guess you could argue that Moss changed the route and Brady was throwing to where he was SUPPOSED to be, but the jury is still out. As the game wore on? DBs and Safeties were BLATANTLY jumping the routes; Brady was looking at the first guy and throwing there. The DBs knew exactly what to do. Part of that was poor decision making by Brady, but a lot of THAT had to do with the D getting great pressure on Tom.

Right now, unless something changes (and looking at the remaining schedule, I am unclear how it could) the Pats will play out the string, show signs of life, make some noise and then go to the playoffs. They will have a tough home playoff game then have to win on the road the rest of the way. Yeahhhhhh... seeing the Pats are 0-4 in legitimate road games, I don't see much future there.

Good teams win on the road; great teams beat good teams on the road. They make the plays; they do not turn the ball over; they expose the other team's weaknesses and they make the plays when they matter most. Tonight that team was the Saints and in the future I wonder how the Pats will be that team again.

As with everything else, I hope I am wrong.

I think while sure the offense had a bad night the problem with NE is their defense, especially pass defense. It lost them the super bowl, it lost them against Indy in 06 when they came back on them, and its killed them versus Indy and NO this year. They have very little pass rush and when combined with a porous secondary they struggle against good passing teams. And since Indy, SD and Pitt in the AFC are all good passing teams that is not a very good sign. They better hope they get the Ravens and Bengals.

When Brees and the Saints are clicking, it's really fun to watch them play.

My son asked about the game, and saw how Brees did. And then he asked innocently "Is Brees better than Manning?" And...I really didn't know how to say. Statistically, sure. Brees certainly had a better game against the same opponent as well. Manning brings a lot more to the table, and oddly enough the Colts don't have nearly the weapons that the Saints do on offense.

That it's even an argument though...that's pretty nuts.

That Brady isn't even remotely in the picture is also kinda telling.

Archived