NFL V - Turkey Day Edition.

Mya Stone

Why is Grossman playing? WTF is this shit?

Why is Kevin Curtis throwing all the passes for the Eagles? WTF is this shit?

ETA: Nevermind, GameCast corrected the Kevin Curtis thing.

Ugh.. what a ridiculous play. The Redskins are about to sack Drew Brees who gets rid of the ball in a hurry. Kareem Moore makes a diving interception, gets up, runs down the field and gets stripped by Robert Meachem who returns it for the Saint's tying touchdown. Amazing..

Yes, if at all. Brady doesn't look like the same QB to me.

That was the most striking aspect of the game. The passing of the torch. The sense that Brees looked comfortable and effortless in the way Brady did in 2007.

well, sure lloks possible. The Redskins are beating them by 10. Sounds like Campbell is playing like a stud and has put over 300 yards on that Saints D.

OOH they just switched over to the game. Washington just held at the goaline and now it's a 7 point game! :stunned:

My God, how bad do the Steelers miss Polamalu? They just got carved by Bruce fuckin' Gradkowski.

ETA: Well, there go the Pats.

ETA2: Ohhhh, fucking hell, were the Redskins not watching Suisham's body of work with the Ravens? Goddamn goddamn!

Patriots coaching staff once again does all it can to help the opposing team. Getting really sick of foolish 4th down calls. FG at the 6 wins the game. Dumb dumb dumb. Brady's second INT was understandable (doing the right thing- with no TO and getting sacked, you have to get rid of it there). But Brady's INT (throwing into double coverage) with Moss was horrendous. Then remarkably questionable play calling from that point out. We stopped them on the INT drive just to give it up to them after baffling play calling.

Gratz to the Dolphins who hung tough, but I am now watching the Pats piss away a season mostly due to two things they could usually count on: sound coaching and QB play,.

Well looks like Saints are still undefeated, but shouldn't be by any stretch. And as they continue to try and punch this in for a TD in overtime, what are they trying to prove. Their arrogance is infuriating. They finally settle for the field goal. I can't wait to see the Vikings kill them in the playoffs.

I totally agree. There was NO reason to push for that TD except to assuage their own egos for losing the entire game and then getting their chance handed to them by a shady booth review.

I think it was more that they just watched a Redskin kicker miss a 23 yard field goal to win the game and they didn't want to take the chance if they didn't have to.

Our local affiliate switched over to the start of the 9er's vs. Hawks game just before the St.'s vs.. Skins 2 minute warning. I'm just now learning that NO won 33 - 30 in overtime. And something about an interception? Anyone care to elaborate?

Our local affiliate switched over to the start of the 9er's vs. Hawks game just before the St.'s vs.. Skins 2 minute warning. I'm just now learning that NO won 33 - 30 in overtime. And something about an interception? Anyone care to elaborate?

Same here. I really didn't care if I got to see the start of the Cowboys/Giants. That NO/Washington game was getting interesting. What the heck?

Basically, the Saints have the luck of the gods. The Redskins drove it in close enough to get a 23-yard field goal attempt, which would have put them up 10 points with less than two minutes on the clock - a more or less assured win. The kicker missed, at which point the Saints got the ball, made a series of huge passes, and scored a tying touchdown. There was enough time for the Redskins to try driving back the other way, except that their QB threw a pick. The Saints tried for a long field goal (50+ yards) to win, and failed, sending the game into overtime.

At which point, the 'Skins got the ball first in overtime. At about their own 38-yard line, they threw a pass that the receiver may or may not have fumbled - the booth review called it a fumble and turnover to the Saints. The Saints then drove practically to the goal line (literally inches away), and finally kicked a field goal for the win, 33-30.

Campbell threw an interception with 28 seconds left in the 4th quarter when the score was tied. That sent the agme into OT where the Skins won the toss and fumbled the ball to the Saints after a few plays. Saints were able to drive into field goal range and looked like they were going to kick when they were in 20-30 yard range, but they were able to drive to the one yard line and kick a FG from there.

I didn't think going for the TD was bad. You do what you have to do to win the game at the point. Anything can happen so take no chances imo.

Redskins blew this game. The strip that led to a Saints TD, missing the field goal, the fumble that gave the Saints possession in OT.. I feel bad for them because they didn't play too poorly, at least compared to some other games during the season, but they made bad mistakes at critical times.

Campbell threw an interception with 28 seconds left in the 4th quarter when the score was tied. That sent the agme into OT where the Skins won the toss and fumbled the ball to the Saints after a few plays. Saints were able to drive into field goal range and looked like they were going to kick when they were in 20-30 yard range, but they were able to drive to the one yard line and kick a FG from there.

I didn't think going for the TD was bad. You do what you have to do to win the game at the point. Anything can happen so take no chances imo.

Redskins blew this game. The strip that led to a Saints TD, missing the field goal, the fumble that gave the Saints possession in OT.. I feel bad for them because they didn't play too poorly, at least compared to some other games during the season, but they made bad mistakes at critical times.

Completely agree with all of this. I'm kind of surprised at the folks calling them out for... trying to run in a touchdown from within the five-yard-line instead of kicking on 1st down?! You have four chances; a lot more can go wrong on the FG attempt than while running it up the gut, and if you miss the 1st FG try, you don't get another. And the FG is always there on 4th down.

Completely agree with all of this. I'm kind of surprised at the folks calling them out for... trying to run in a touchdown from within the five-yard-line instead of kicking on 1st down?! You have four chances; a lot more can go wrong on the FG attempt than while running it up the gut, and if you miss the 1st FG try, you don't get another. And the FG is always there on 4th down.

I'm certainly not criticizing them for taking no chances on it. In fact, I'm surprised they finally went with the field goal when they did - they were 2nd and Goal with only inches separating them from a touchdown. I figured they'd try at least one more running attempt before finally hitting the FG.

Archived