Aussies XLVIII

Stubby

Just returned from the Dawn Service, even though it was flogging down rain hundreds of people turned up.

Heh. We've had perfect weather in Perth today and so the city was packed this morning when I drove through on the way to uni. You're on the wrong coast Swiftie ;).

Shame the traditional Essendon v Collingwood game was such a damp squib though. Maybe Aker has a point when he argues that some other teams should be given the opportunity to play at the 'G on ANZAC Day.

Hmmm thats right legal two up across the road, ok back soon folks

ETA: All jokes aside I had a grandfather on the first ship into Malta Harbour during WWII, another in Tobruk and one in France.France was WWI mum had the medals and citation but I have no idea what has happened to them.

Something that as I recall involved some enemy machine gun nests so yeah have to admit I am proud of them all.

Hmmm...Richmond in front early on against the Dockers. In an ANZAC round where the underdogs have performed well, I'm pretty worried about this game :worried:.

ETA: Phew. Banana skin successful avoided :).

Eagles lose to Swans, I'm not too bothered now that Barry Hall to pursue his on field boxing career somewhere else has gone and now I can like th Swans again.

I didn't play two up and get pissed as I'm trying to save and can't afford it.

I'm sorry to those of you who attended Justin Biebers cancelled concert.

Anyone watch 60 minutes? They had a flag debate and a population growth story. Fucking Peter Fitzimons must have had his nuts bitten off by his wife Lisa Wilkinson. Don't care about a flag change too much but his justification is that because Pauline once draped herself in it and some yobs were waving it a cronulla that we must get something more multicultural. He's a douche.

This might actually get me to go along to a game or two next season.

LIVERPOOL legend Robbie Fowler has agreed to join Perth Glory for the 2010/11 season and will move to WA next month.

Fowler, 35, is the biggest signing in the club's history and is likely to drive renewed interest in the sport and the club.

Glory owner Tony Sage is expected to confirm Fowler's signing at a press conference this afternoon.

Sydney FC had also shown interest in the former North Queensland Fury striker but Glory's offer, understood to be more than $800,000, was far superior.

Eagles lose to Swans, I'm not too bothered now that Barry Hall to pursue his on field boxing career somewhere else has gone and now I can like th Swans again.

I didn't play two up and get pissed as I'm trying to save and can't afford it.

I'm sorry to those of you who attended Justin Biebers cancelled concert.

Anyone watch 60 minutes? They had a flag debate and a population growth story. Fucking Peter Fitzimons must have had his nuts bitten off by his wife Lisa Wilkinson. Don't care about a flag change too much but his justification is that because Pauline once draped herself in it and some yobs were waving it a cronulla that we must get something more multicultural. He's a douche.

You think he is a douche?

Did anyone else catch Germaine Greer on Q&A monday night?

Mate she may have had a brain once but now?

She was all but foaming at the mouth the rabid b*%&$!

I ended up turning it off I was just too tired to keep putting up with her.

Blaming soldiers for politicians decisions what a raving nutter she has become.

Or maybe it is just hatred of men I don't know but she was not even on topic most of the time.

You think he is a douche?

Did anyone else catch Germaine Greer on Q&A monday night?

Mate she may have had a brain once but now?

She was all but foaming at the mouth the rabid b*%&$!

I ended up turning it off I was just too tired to keep putting up with her.

Blaming soldiers for politicians decisions what a raving nutter she has become.

Or maybe it is just hatred of men I don't know but she was not even on topic most of the time.

She's been a regular peanut factory for a couple of decades, that one. The last time she was really relevant was in the '70s when she had company with all the other bra-burners. Now the younger generation of women just see her as an old, crazy radical. Which is what she is, really. Her and John Pilger can get together and hate everybody.

She's been a regular peanut factory for a couple of decades, that one. The last time she was really relevant was in the '70s when she had company with all the other bra-burners. Now the younger generation of women just see her as an old, crazy radical. Which is what she is, really. Her and John Pilger can get together and hate everybody.

What was she on about?

I remember after Steve Irwin died and she went on some tv commentator said in front of a live studio audience that Germaine should just fuck off or something.

I remember a HS teacher showing my english class a JP doco once very proudly....

Even a boarder here used to like him but after awhile realised "what a crazy man he is"

What was she on about?

I remember after Steve Irwin died and she went on some tv commentator said in front of a live studio audience that Germaine should just fuck off or something.

I remember a HS teacher showing my english class a JP doco once very proudly....

Even a boarder here used to like him but after awhile realised "what a crazy man he is"

the main thing she was doing was blaming troops for atrocities they have no committed and basically saying that without armies then everything would be fine and dandy and we could all live happily ever after!

She is like that fool on facebook attacking the anzacs sorry but she blames those who defend us for actions taken by politicians!

Everyone here knows what would happen if we disarmed tomorrow, we would be invaded the day after!

ok maybe a week later logistics may take a bit but the rush to do so would turn the country into a battleground for other countries each grabbing what they can.

ETA: Realised there is actually a very good reason for banning of the Burkha or whatever it is called within western countries at least. To try and put it simply they have chosen to leave their culture behind and live in a western culture where such a thing is seen as insulting to many. Since it has no basis in religion but is a purely cultural thing then they should not be so rude and insulting to their host people. Make no mistake the cultural reasons for this are insulting to every male on the planet, since apparently we are unable to control our lust at the site of a womans face or body and will be essentially forced to rape her.

I suspect there is something essentially as insulting to women also.

Derby Day in Perth. Freo should win, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet...

ETA: 10 points down early in the second quarter :worried:.

ETA: Shit. Now it's 20 points. I'm not going to be able to live this down at uni tomorrow if we lose.

ETA: FREO HEAVE HO!! That's 6 straight Derby wins now. Life is good :thumbsup:.

Derby Day in Perth. Freo should win, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet...

ETA: 10 points down early in the second quarter :worried:.

ETA: Shit. Now it's 20 points. I'm not going to be able to live this down at uni tomorrow if we lose.

ETA: FREO HEAVE HO!! That's 6 straight Derby wins now. Life is good :thumbsup:.

Paxter, how could your mob let Richmond lead at any point last weekend? My God they are terrible.

Interesting that you guys really have the wood on the Weagles lately. Not that I mind seeing that mob lose.

ok for those who may be interested yes I will be going to the con in melbourne, I just made a deal with Peggy LeeF to buy her membership.

Sometimes life is good :)

We had the Gumeracha Medieval fair this weekend and I decided to try am experiment in selling some crystals

what can I say I got roughly 5 kg of various crystals and tumbled stones. For this I paid the princely sum of $145

Yes thats correct

You know those small amythest clusters you see in shops for a minimum of $18?

Well I was selling them for $5

And still making a profit!

I paid $20 for 6 of them so got $30 back and yes sold them all

spent $15 for 3 "dragon eggs" and sold them for $10 each

one was sold same day!

The herbs also did well and not only did the stall pay for itself, but we have money for more herbs and next years fair!

Ohh the money from the crystals went straight to me :)

ETA: Would it be possible please for one of the ladies to start the next thread?

Sorry to ask but like and value your input and would like to see more of it, not easy I know.

Yeah ladies get it started before one of us gets feminised.

Is anyone a Sea Patrol fan? I'm not, not after watching Lisa McCune struggle to shoot a here's johnny with an axe impersonator in one episode. But after seeing this weeks episode commercial I watched the first 5 minutes to see that girl Kirsty Lee Allan in a bikini. She's huge, see

Archived